All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bogie56

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

This conspiracy theory was totally debunked a long time ago. So you are either really behind on the news or just trolling. Read the report. Mueller explains how the investigation got going on page one! Oh, and the Republicans started the investigation and they started the special counsel too.
  3. laffite

Hottest Teen Idols

My first crush ever was no other than Annette but only as a Mouseketeer. After that I totally lost interest. Then came Mary Stone, who may still be the prettiest girl I ever saw. She once said, in tears, "I have about as much sex appeal as a wet mop." That surprised me because I thought she had a lot going for her. And Sandra Dee. of course. Adored her. Who didn't? Stephanie Powers as she appeared in Experiment of Terror. After that I gave her up, she became too sophisticated. For instance in The Interns, she looked like she did in Terror, but in the sequel she left me cold, she lost her youthful persona and tried to be too grownup. Hey Dargo, your response just came through. Wow, I thought she looked familiar but I would have never recognized her. After all my 50s heart throbs I fell out of circulation after having joined the military where my first duty station was so far out there that we didn't even have freaking television. So I couldn't even tell you from where those older Angela's come from. Now I've lost my train of thought ; oh yeah, the 50s. It may be strange but as a rather young lad at the time I developed an appreciation for Rosemary DeCamp as she appeared on the Bob Cummings Show. So there was Joi Lansing strutting across my television screen all the time and yet I favored Rosemary even though I don't remember having any penchant for older women in those ancient, youthful bygone days. If I had an idol back then it was no doubt Bud. That brooding reticence with a touch of rebellion, I wanted to be like him. Instead I was stuck with me, ha. :
  4. Dargo

Hottest Teen Idols

If you're asking about the young lady pictured twice right above your question here laffite, that would be two more pictures of Angela Cartwright that The Nipster posted of her, and taken at a few years older than the one I posted of her above.
  5. hamradio

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

This might fall under "Citizens Arrest" since illegals are breaking the law. Courts needs to address if any person / group has the right to make such an arrest. Can't find if it's illegal or not. (fine print time) Excerpt.. ..in the United States a private person may arrest another without a warrant, for a crime occurring in their presence. For which crimes this is permitted may vary state by state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest#United_States
  6. SummerStars

*A to Z of Movies*

UP GOES MAISIE
  7. laffite

Overrated talents ?

The term "overrated" is over---, uh ... used.
  8. laffite

Hottest Teen Idols

who dat? ...she look familiar though ...
  9. Today
  10. laffite

Happy Birthday to...

It was a pleasant surprise---no, an outright delight---to see Hayley Mills in The Flame Trees of Thika in the BBC Television production. I had lost track of her, remembering only the child stuff ... and here she was a full-fledged adult and a wower as well.
  11. laffite

Theme Songs That Fit A Movie or TV Show Perfectly

It's no surprise of course that there are so many good to excellent ones. The folks who decide things are good at finding just the right thing. I have been trying to think of an instance where perhaps these experts missed the boat. A theme song that elicits a "what the--" response, something that seems woefully inappropriate. So far I haven't thought of one. Hmm, what about The Third Man theme. I think I remember of someone grousing about that one.
  12. MilesArcher

Briefly Lyrical

You are correct, Bagel. Here is a clip from "Till The Clouds Roll By": Bagel, It's your turn now.
  13. Brrrcold

Who was in all 5 films?

MEN OF BOYS TOWN (1941) THE GAY SISTERS (1942) THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM (1944) FALLEN ANGEL (1945) A PLACE IN THE SUN (1951)
  14. "The "'90s", ya say there, youngin? And yet, you're goin' on about the "Thundercats" theme song here? Why, I'll have you know the BEST cartoon theme song opening during that time HAD to be THIS one...
  15. TopBilled

Who was in all 5 films?

That's correct. She really livens up things when she's on screen. I love her voice.
  16. Brrrcold

Who was in all 5 films?

That's Hillary Brooke.
  17. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

THREE (1969)
  18. Vautrin

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Of course the fact that Donny is a pathological liar isn't new, but it will be interesting to see some of the details of specific lies as the Mueller report rolls out. It might not make much difference politically, but it will be fun to see in black and white. And then there is the fact that Trump tried to obstruct justice, but the only thing that saved him was that his orders were not carried out.
  19. jakeem

Happy Birthday to...

...Jessica Lange (born on April 20, 1949), the American actress who needs only a Grammy Award to become the 16th person to win all four entertainment awards. Time cover for October 25, 1976 She has been nominated six times for Academy Awards. Her recognized roles and movies are as follows (Oscar wins in bold): Frances Farmer in "Frances" (1982). Best Actress. Julie Nichols in "Tootsie" (1982). Best Supporting Actress. Jewell Ivy in "Country" (1984). Best Actress. Patsy Cline in "Sweet Dreams" (1985). Best Actress. Ann Talbot in "Music Box" (1989). Best Actress. Carly Marshall in "Blue Sky" (1994). Best Actress. Lange made her screen debut as a Fay Wray-like character in a much-hyped 1976 remake of "King Kong." "I had no idea how big the movie was, or that coming out of it I wouldn’t be taken seriously," Lange told AARP The Magazine in 2017. "I went back to taking acting classes for a few years. When you’re young, you don’t see the connections, how one thing leads to the other." Lange appeared as The Angel of Death in Bob Fosse's "All That Jazz," a 1979 drama (with musical numbers) starring Roy Scheider as a choreographer/director loosely based on Fosse himself. The film was nominated for nine Academy Awards and won four (art direction/set decoration, costume design, film editing and original score). It also tied Japanese director Akira Kurasawa's "Kagemusha" for the prestigious Palme d'Or (or Golden Palm) at the 1980 Cannes Film Festival. Fosse died of a heart attack on Sept. 23, 1987 at the age of 60. Her first major dramatic role was opposite Jack Nicholson in the 1981 remake of "The Postman Always Rings Twice." It was directed by Nicholson's frequent collaborator, Bob Rafelson. Lange is one of 11 people who have received two Academy Award nominations during the same year. She earned a Best Supporting Actress nod for her performance opposite Dustin Hoffman in the 1982 comedy "Tootsie." She also received a 1982 Best Actress nomination for her portrayal of the troubled actress Frances Farmer (1913-1970) in the biopic "Frances." At the 55th annual Academy Awards ceremony held on April 11, 1983, Lange won the Best Supporting Actress award for "Tootsie." But the Best Actress Oscar went to Meryl Streep for her performance in the drama "Sophie's Choice." The 1984 drama "Country" reteamed Lange with her "Frances" co-star Sam Shepard -- who also was her significant other in real life. They played an Iowa couple who struggled to keep their farm and family together. The film was one of three farm-oriented dramas that year. The others: "Places in the Heart" (starring Sally Field) and "The River" (which was headlined by Mel Gibson and Sissy Spacek). Lange received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, but the award went to Field. Lange was nominated for her third Best Actress Oscar in four years for her portrayal in "Sweet Dreams" of the great country music star Patsy Cline (1932-1963). Directed by the Czech-born British filmmaker Karel Reisz, the biopic also starred Ed Harris, Ann Wedgeworth, David Clennon and John Goodman. For the film's musical performances, Lange lip synced to Cline's recordings. The 1989 drama "The Music Box" starred Lange as a Chicago attorney determined to keep her Hungarian immigrant father (Armin Mueller-Stahl) from being tried and deported as a Nazi war criminal. For her performance in the picture -- which was directed by the Greek-born filmmaker Costa-Gavras -- Lange received her fourth Best Actress nomination. In Martin Scorsese's 1991 remake of the 1962 thriller "Cape Fear," Robert De Niro starred as Max Cady -- a man released from prison after serving a 14-year term for rape. He blamed his conviction on his attorney Sam Bowden (Nick Nolte). As a result, Cady began methodically stalking and terrorizing Bowden and his wife and daughter (Lange, Juliette Lewis). But he was always careful to stay within the bounds of the law. Oscar nominations went to De Niro (Best Actor) and Lewis (Best Supporting Actress). Set during the Cold War era, the 1994 drama "Blue Sky" starred Lange as the manic-depressive matriarch of a military family assigned to a U.S. Army base in Alabama. Meanwhile, her husband (played by Tommy Lee Jones) became concerned about the negative impact of above-the-ground nuclear testing. The film -- which was not released until four years after its production -- was the last picture directed by Tony Richardson (1928-1991). On March 27, 1995, Lange became only the second person to win a Best Actress Oscar after winning one for Best Supporting Actress (Meryl Streep did it first and Cate Blanchett later duplicated the feat).
  20. SummerStars

*A to Z of Movies*

STAGECOACH
  21. Swithin

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Ann Harding was in Peter Ibbetson with Ferdinand Gottschalk.
  22. TopBilled

Who was in all 5 films?

Who was in: THE ENCHANTED COTTAGE (1945) THE WOMAN IN GREEN (1945) THE STRANGE WOMAN (1946) AFRICA SCREAMS (1949) CONFIDENCE GIRL (1952)
  23. Brrrcold

Who was in all 5 films?

Well done.
  24. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Ullman, Tracey
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?