We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The President Trump Republican Agenda

• Please log in to reply
2154 replies to this topic

#1 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Today, 11:06 AM

Hail to the Commander in Chief!

I'm surprised his bone spurs didn't act up and prevent him from attending.  What a hero!!!

#2 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language & Culture. Defending the Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 10:35 AM

Hail to the Commander in Chief!

All glory is fleeting. General George Patton 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American dream does not come to those who fall asleep. Pres. Richard Nixon  

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#3 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted Today, 10:11 AM

Dick Meyer had an interesting column on the Five Worst Americans in History.  He polled academics, historians, political scientists, etc. to come up with an informal list.

It is informal and not scientific, but interesting.  Serial killers, criminals, etc. were not considered. 

Yes, Trump did make the list - in a three way tie for number two.

Others are Nixon (1), Bedford Forest and Joseph McCarthy (tie for 2 also),  J. Edgar Hoover (5).

Several others also received votes.

While there was concern that it might be too early to consider Trump, the overall consideration was that he has already done enough to make the list.

http://www.decodedc....ricans-history/

• mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#4 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts

Posted Today, 08:23 AM

45]

45]
d0Q4voGK_bigger.jpgCBS NewsVerified account @CBSNews

Following

More

AHEAD on @CBSThisMorning: How two men gave up their lives to stand up against anti-Muslim taunting http://cbsn.ws/2qrKT8Q

DA_ZOLKW0AAEc7n.jpg

45]
d87c1ee7fe842b88413a97e0fd14169f_bigger.Peter BeinartVerified account @PeterBeinartllowing
Following
More

Call me crazy but had a Muslim killed two white Christians in Portland I suspect our president would have said something

I'm not exactly surprised that Jake didn't give this Oregon incident a blazing headline.

I guess he's waiting for a Muslim in America to have any kind of charge laid against him (including jaywalking) before he gives it the BOLD TYPE HEADLINE treatment here as a warning for all.

Anyone think Trump might make a comment about this incident of violence? As with Jake, it wouldn't further his political agenda, so don't hold your breath.

CBS REPORTS- - white nationalist ex-convict kills two white men because they were protecting two women--who appeared to be Muslims-- from the felon's threatening harassment.
  • TheCid likes this

#5 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted Today, 08:13 AM

Apparent white supremist was verbally abusing two female passengers on a Portland OR train shouting anti-Islamic hate speech.  Three mean tried to calm him down, but instead he apparently knifed them and two died.

What Trump and the Republicans have wrought.

Of course, this is permissable in "Trump Country" and "God's Country."

www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/05/27/man-fatally-stabs-2-on-portland-ore-train-after-they-interrupted-his-anti-muslim-rants-police-say/?utm_term=.731db48c1c55&wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

I'm not exactly surprised that Jake didn't give this Oregon incident a blazing headline.

I guess he's waiting for a Muslim in America to have any kind of charge laid against him (including jaywalking) before he gives it the BOLD TYPE HEADLINE treatment here as a warning for all.

Anyone think Trump might make a comment about this incident of violence? As with Jake, it wouldn't further his political agenda, so don't hold your breath.

• TheCid and Princess of Tap like this

#6 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 07:58 AM

2633877630_ef499868c3_z.jpg

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#7 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 07:51 AM

JeWrHnoA_bigger.jpeg

Military TimesVerified account @MilitaryTimes 21h21 hours ago

Memorial Day 2017: Remember the sacrifice of our fallen heroes http://trib.al/Xn0vwDc pic.twitter.com/kNwieBD9lw

DA7ILpiU0AAOH6E.jpg

#8 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 07:48 AM

JeWrHnoA_bigger.jpeg

Military TimesVerified account @MilitaryTimes 15h15 hours ago

Navy pilot's remains back on US soil from Vietnam after 52 years http://trib.al/pJgvesb pic.twitter.com/ilDnOydF59

DA8cLoZXoAES9je.jpg

#9 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 07:47 AM

JeWrHnoA_bigger.jpeg

Military TimesVerified account @MilitaryTimes 12h12 hours ago

Rolling Thunder ride draws thousands to nation's capital (GALLERY) #RollingThunder http://trib.al/gmSTENV pic.twitter.com/c1bId58Yuu

DA9HoD-WAAADwTr.jpg

#10 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 07:46 AM

JeWrHnoA_bigger.jpeg

Military TimesVerified account @MilitaryTimes 12h12 hours ago

To many Americans, Memorial Day has lost its meaning http://trib.al/9tPcfhP pic.twitter.com/S6UQYfvO1J

DA9M8mtWAAALzqI.jpg

#11 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 07:45 AM

JeWrHnoA_bigger.jpeg

Military TimesVerified account @MilitaryTimes 10h10 hours ago

Friends recall only nurse killed by hostile fire in Vietnam http://trib.al/l3t9Dwx pic.twitter.com/Yu4SBhq7nY

DA9nWLuUAAAmjgr.jpg

#12 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted Today, 07:42 AM

WR6k1Kqi_bigger.jpg

Stars and StripesVerified account @starsandstripes 2h2 hours ago

Second-oldest living survivor of Pearl Harbor - Lt. Jim Downing, 103 - spoke to hundreds at Rolling Thunder ystrdy https://www.stripes.com/please-don-t-forget-say-family-of-deceased-pearl-harbor-survivor-at-rolling-thunder-1.470776#.WSspMWgrJEZ pic.twitter.com/yOUYEJ2djf

DA8NtVHXgAEdV60.jpg

#13 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,980 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Exactly what we expected from a New York City con artist landlord, but you wouldn't listen:

He played me for a fool’: Kentucky Trump supporter laments he should have voted for Hillary

http://www.rawstory....1vn_zh.facebook

• TheCid, film lover 293 and Princess of Tap like this

#14 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Trump’s “America First“ Infrastructure Plan: Let Saudi Arabia and Blackstone Take Care of It-

"....The two that made the news — a $110 billion arms deal and a $100 million gift to an Ivanka Trump-inspired endowment — are remarkable in their own right.

But the third, which was rolled out much more quietly, is no less stunning: The Saudi kingdom joined forces with a top outside adviser to Trump to build a $40 billion war chest to privatize U.S. infrastructure.

The vehicle would employ the same kind of public-private partnerships, known as P3s, the Trump administration has endorsed for its trillion dollar infrastructure plan. The deal hands over control of projects to rebuild American roads and bridges to the private sector and a foreign country....

https://theintercept...ake-care-of-it/

And isn't Jared Kushner a big part of Blackstone?  Ca-ching $$

• mr6666, Arturo and TheCid like this

#15 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,148 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Trump’s “America First“ Infrastructure Plan: Let Saudi Arabia and Blackstone Take Care of It-

"....The two that made the news — a $110 billion arms deal and a $100 million gift to an Ivanka Trump-inspired endowment — are remarkable in their own right.

But the third, which was rolled out much more quietly, is no less stunning: The Saudi kingdom joined forces with a top outside adviser to Trump to build a $40 billion war chest to privatize U.S. infrastructure.

The vehicle would employ the same kind of public-private partnerships, known as P3s, the Trump administration has endorsed for its trillion dollar infrastructure plan. The deal hands over control of projects to rebuild American roads and bridges to the private sector and a foreign country....

https://theintercept...ake-care-of-it/

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#16 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Apparent white supremist was verbally abusing two female passengers on a Portland OR train shouting anti-Islamic hate speech.  Three mean tried to calm him down, but instead he apparently knifed them and two died.

What Trump and the Republicans have wrought.

Of course, this is permissable in "Trump Country" and "God's Country."

www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/05/27/man-fatally-stabs-2-on-portland-ore-train-after-they-interrupted-his-anti-muslim-rants-police-say/?utm_term=.731db48c1c55&wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

• Arturo likes this

#17 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

exx8EGeZ_bigger.jpeg

The Daily SignalVerified account @DailySignal 22h22 hours ago

Immigration arrests have jumped nearly 40% under President Trump. http://bit.ly/2qW4QEq pic.twitter.com/VWdraFZvRa

I would say the only area where the Trump admin has made major progress is on illegal immigration.    Arrest of criminal illegal immigrants are up,   deportation is up,  and southern border crossing way down. 

While there isn't funding for a border wall,  such a 'wall' was never necessary in the first place.   Instead just patch the high travel areas (mostly in Texas now),  and increase the number of agents in these areas.

Oh, and that travel ban was a poorly designed political stunt;  Instead the admin should have just enhanced the vetting process.  

#18 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,793 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

DA0uBu2W0AE_LWE.jpg

I told you to check the left wing tire pressure!

#19 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,793 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

DAxA5EHUQAAkgFo.jpg

Looks like we share another thing in common beside baseball...ugly graffiti. :o

Was the artist trying to paint Chavez or Al Gore? :lol:

#20 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

DA0uBu2W0AE_LWE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users