We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The President Trump Republican Agenda

• Please log in to reply
2069 replies to this topic

#801 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts
  • LocationTRUMP COUNTRY -- GOD'S COUNTRY -- PROUD DEPLORABLE

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

nf8OCM2A_bigger.jpg

FOX BusinessVerified account @FoxBusiness 3h3 hours ago

AG Jeff Sessions: 'The border is not open. Please don't come' http://fxn.ws/2prUYNP 

694940094001_5394751782001_5394753929001

• JakeHolman likes this

All glory is fleeting. General George Patton 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American dream does not come to those who fall asleep. Pres. Richard Nixon  

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#802 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

XYcUsJUI_bigger.jpg

Tucker Carlson‏Verified account @TuckerCarlson

Apr 11.@KTHopkins: Assad is a monster, but we need to choose our monsters.pic.twitter.com/GfmcCDBgtv

S29hbzb1_bigger.jpg

• JakeHolman likes this

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#803 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

All is Not Well with Trump voters--unhappiness with Trump's performance as President is now evident on a National level:

http://www.politico....n-on-him-237200

That's a shame. :rolleyes:

• film lover 293 and Princess of Tap like this

#804 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

#805 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

#806 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

All is Not Well with Trump voters--unhappiness with Trump's performance as President is now evident on a National level:

http://www.politico....n-on-him-237200

• Princess of Tap likes this

#807 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

You sure like to go on about those dead Syrian babies, Nip, primarily to try to score partisan political points.

But how about the living ones? You want to see their parents vetted now to gain access to America so they can avoid a possible repeat of a tragedy like this?

No response to this question.

Yup, that's just about what I expected, Nip. What happened to all those great Christian values (that includes kindness and extending a helping hand to others, doesn't it?) you so love to spout about?

• TheCid likes this

#808 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln won elections and they didn't drive cars.

I don't think there's any criteria in the Constitution about the president needing to drive a car.

Although, I think Henry Ford would have probably liked to put that criteria in there.LOL

While he did drive a vehicle on his property, you could add FDR to the list of non-drivers.  A mid-20th century president.

Movie Moron has never understood why Clinton chose not to drive and that for much of her life after Bill Clinton's elections, she was not supposed to drive.  That's why the governments furnished a driver and vehicle for her.

Trump drives some, but is it just to show off his very expensibe car collection.  After all, I am sure he was chauffered around most of his life.

Regardless, driving or not driving has nothing to do with the ability to hold office, to run a company or to work at all.

Apparently MM believes that all non-drivers should not be allowed to vote, go to school or work.

As for Pres. Obama's golf playing, Trump has probably played more in his first 80 days than Pres. Obama did in first four years.

In addition, Trump chooses to often play in for off resort locations incurring YUGE expenses for the taxpayers to pay.

#809 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,220 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

These two photos represent the democrat party over the last 8 years. Playing golf or sitting in limos because they can't drive a car. And they wonder why they lost the election.

trump_golf-620x412.jpg

4b64e706-91b6-473c-9f8a-2aa423c585b4-tru

Yeah, what kind of jackass would vote for a golf-playing limo-rider?

• Bogie56 and film lover 293 like this

#810 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln won elections and they didn't drive cars.

I don't think there's any criteria in the Constitution about the president needing to drive a car.

Although, I think Henry Ford would have probably liked to put that criteria in there.LOL

#811 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

These two photos represent the democrat party over the last 8 years. Playing golf or sitting in limos because they can't drive a car. And they wonder why they lost the election.

Obama-golfing.jpg

Hillary-Clinton-limo-Getty-Images-Mario-

they're so grass roots. :lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#812 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

Obama-golfing.jpg

Hillary-Clinton-limo-Getty-Images-Mario-

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#813 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

All the Trump supporters are not racist and poorly educated - - but obviously he has a great many who are.

So, I wouldn't expect them to understand the nuances of what you're talking about or, even if they did, they would never desert their Great White Hope.

obviously a lot are choosing to regard his rhetoric not as lies but merely excessive pre-victory hyperbole...

their prerogative, mister  :P

#814 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

What continues to be amazing is how dedicated his base is after all the proof that he lied to them, had no intention of doing anything he said, has enlarged the "swamp" rather than draining it, failed to do any of the things he said he would do on day one (even at 80 days later) and often does the opposite of what he said he would do.

All the Trump supporters are not racist and poorly educated - - but obviously he has a great many who are.

So, I wouldn't expect them to understand the nuances of what you're talking about or, even if they did, they would never desert their Great White Hope.
  • TheCid likes this

#815 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,365 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

those dead syrian mothers and their babies can sure attest to that.

oh wait, they're dead.

You sure like to go on about those dead Syrian babies, Nip, primarily to try to score partisan political points.

But how about the living ones? You want to see their parents vetted now to gain access to America so they can avoid a possible repeat of a tragedy like this?

• TheCid and film lover 293 like this

#816 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

Apparently Trump has a new title:  King of flip-flops.

• film lover 293 likes this

#817 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

What continues to be amazing is how dedicated his base is after all the proof that he lied to them, had no intention of doing anything he said, has enlarged the "swamp" rather than draining it, failed to do any of the things he said he would do on day one (even at 80 days later) and often does the opposite of what he said he would do.

• mr6666 and Bogie56 like this

#818 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

So Carter Page was being surveilled under a FISA order because

it was possible that he was an intelligence agent for the Ruskies

and that is the same as Donny being wiretapped at Trump Tower.

Windbaugh, still a clueless idiot.

• mr6666, TheCid, LawrenceA and 1 other like this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#819 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

10056721316_e92f8a996e_z.jpg

#820 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

fOuyjxjY_bigger.jpeg

Free Beacon‏Verified account @FreeBeacon 9h9 hours ago

Former Obama Official Scrambles to Defend Obama-Era Syria Chemical Weapons Agreement, Says It Was Not ‘Perfect’

http://freebeacon.co...ys-not-perfect/

those dead syrian mothers and their babies can sure attest to that.

oh wait, they're dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bogie56