We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Pres.Trump Republican Agenda > MAGA & AMERICA 1ST

TRUMP NATION!

• Please log in to reply
3837 replies to this topic

#3721 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

FiveThirtyEight (09/21) Summary of Polls (Four Candidates):  270 WINS! Clinton has 57% chance of winning.

Clinton - 280

Trump -  257

This is Nate Silver's polling site.

#3722 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

Nate Silver: Trump surges from 3% to 48% chance of winning

The latest vote projection from elections guru Nate Silver has Republican Donald Trump just six Electoral Votes short of winning and one point away from equaling Hillary Rodham Clinton's popular vote.

WASHINGTON EXAMINER > http://www.washingto...article/2602386

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#3723 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

certainly not insurmountable for donny, is it TheCid? :D

Nor is it insurmountable or unlikely that the closer we get to Nov, the greater the margin of Clinton's lead will be.

Main point is that in the most accurate polling data, Clinton leads in liklihood of exceeding the 270 needed for a win in the Electoral College.

#3724 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

When the cheating in the counting is added for Hillary's benefit, it may be.

White Knights, Manginas and Simps, oh my!

#3725 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

As of 09/18/16:

FiveThirtyEight Summary of Polls (Four Candidates):  270 WINS! Clinton has 61% chance of winning.

Clinton - 290

Trump -  247

Real Clear Politics (Four Candidates):

Clinton - 41.0%

Trump - 40.3

Johnson - 8.6

Stein - 3.1

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#3726 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

As of 09/18/16:

FiveThirtyEight Summary of Polls (Four Candidates):  270 WINS! Clinton has 61% chance of winning.

Clinton - 290

Trump -  247

Real Clear Politics (Four Candidates):

Clinton - 41.0%

Trump - 40.3

Johnson - 8.6

Stein - 3.1

#3727 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:13 AM

75 million plus estimated for the 1st debate. Blood is in the water. Time for the kill for:

the other side wanted this...

they got it!   :D 

"just name the place, baby" -oddball, kelly's heroes

#3728 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:05 AM

75 million plus estimated for the 1st debate. Blood is in the water. Time for the kill for:

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#3729 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

tied across batleground states and donny ain't even declucked her yet in the first debate.

Imperious Donny,

Mighty Man of America

a man like trump loves the feud.

hell is where he's goin'?

uh-uh, he'll be waitin' for them there.

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!!! 

tenth power emanations

:D 

• JakeHolman likes this

#3730 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

Poll: Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton tied across battleground states

CBS NEWS > http://www.cbsnews.c...eground-states/

HAIL TRUMPUS!

#3731 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

TRUMP +7

LA TIMES > http://www.latimes.com/politics/

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s

#3732 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:23 PM

But Clinton still wins the election.

I believe that is the most probable outcome as well.

Puke-worthy, but probable.

#3733 BelleLeGrand1

BelleLeGrand1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:18 PM

I as

I assume you noticed that the post I made showed Trump taking OH and IA, not Clinton.  But Clinton still wins the election.

Oops.  My bad.  Time to step away from the computer for a bit.

#3734 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

I as

I lived in OH before moving to IA, and IMO there's no way she's going to win either one, let alone both.  It's sheer folly to count them in her win column at this point.  In IA, when Harkin retired, his Senate seat went to Ernst, Grassley has no competition from Judge, and we have a Republican governor, who is pretty popular. 

Other than traditional Dem. strongholds like Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus and Youngstown, the rest of OH leans strongly Republican.  Cincinnati is a particularly good example of that, and lots of rural areas also vote Republican.  The DNC has no confidence in Ted Strickland, judging by their withholding campaign funds:  https://www.washingt...io-senate-race/

Poll watching is fun, though.

I assume you noticed that the post I made showed Trump taking OH and IA, not Clinton.  But Clinton still wins the election.

#3735 BelleLeGrand1

BelleLeGrand1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

FiveThirtyEight summary of polls (Electoral Votes)  With Trump taking FL, NC, OH, IA:  270 WINS.

Clinton:  288

Trump:   248

I lived in OH before moving to IA, and IMO there's no way she's going to win either one, let alone both.  It's sheer folly to count them in her win column at this point.  In IA, when Harkin retired, his Senate seat went to Ernst, Grassley has no competition from Judge, and we have a Republican governor, who is pretty popular. 

Other than traditional Dem. strongholds like Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus and Youngstown, the rest of OH leans strongly Republican.  Cincinnati is a particularly good example of that, and lots of rural areas also vote Republican.  The DNC has no confidence in Ted Strickland, judging by their withholding campaign funds:  https://www.washingt...io-senate-race/

Poll watching is fun, though.

• darkblue likes this

#3736 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

It's hilarious how the "mainstream media" is covering up - as in not talking about - all the dirt that was recently released by WikiLeaks.

That's the only reason she's still at 60 percent.

The media is determined to get her elected, just like every official body everywhere. The FBI, the DOJ, the Military, every Corporation in the world.

Voting against Clinton has become the ultimate statement of resistance. 7 more weeks.

• BelleLeGrand1 likes this

#3737 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

Real Clear Politics Average, as or 09/17/16:

Clinton - 41.9;  Trump - 40.8; Johnson - 8.3; Stein - 2.7

FiveThirtyEight as of 09/17/16 Electoral Votes in four-way race;

Clinton -289;  Trump - 248; Johnson - 4; Stein - 0

Clinton has a 60% chance of winning the election.

"for the moment, mr. grady, only for the moment." -jack nicholson, the shining

:D

#3738 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:31 AM

Real Clear Politics Average, as or 09/17/16:

Clinton - 41.9;  Trump - 40.8; Johnson - 8.3; Stein - 2.7

FiveThirtyEight as of 09/17/16 Electoral Votes in four-way race;

Clinton -289;  Trump - 248; Johnson - 4; Stein - 0

Clinton has a 60% chance of winning the election.

#3739 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:00 PM

FiveThirtyEight summary of polls (Electoral Votes)  With Trump taking FL, NC, OH, IA:  270 WINS.

Clinton:  288

Trump:   248

#3740 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

Ever have a nightmare in which you are involved in a slow motion car crash about which you can do nothing?

A bit of-topic but yes.  Last year I had such a dream but only recalled it when I was driving down a familiar road.  I then told my wife, the passenger beside me about my dream the night before of a car going through a red light that I was powerless to avoid.  30 seconds later when approaching an intersection with a green light I spotted a car running a red with my peripheral vision that I was about to t-bone and surely kill the driver.  I hit the brakes and knew right away that that wasn't going to work.  I then hit the accelerator and did a Steve McQueen and served my car right around three lanes and avoided the hit.  The car pulled up behind me at the curb and the fellow's wife was yelling "I told him what are you doing!!"

Co-incidence or prophetic dream?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users