We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Pres.Trump Republican Agenda > MAGA & AMERICA 1ST

• Please log in to reply
3124 replies to this topic

#801 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

so the left is absolutely raving about the paris climate accord pullout.

today after spicer's press briefing they had this schtootz on cnn saying irrational BS that climate change was our greatest existential threat what with this big ol' state of delaware sized broken off piece of antarctic ice shelf floating around somewhere down there....but he assured us that sea levels wouldn't rise immediately.

this is the left today. arrogant schtootzes who regard anyone who doesn't share their personal panic and agree with them immediately at face value as an enemy of the planet.

I don't pretend to know where they got this sick attitude from. sesame street? :lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#802 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:35 PM

On the "micro" scale, when he was Mayor of New York City, I was not always a fan of Michael Bloomberg (I never voted for him). But on the "macro" scale he has done and continues to do some good work:

'Washington can't stop Americans': Michael Bloomberg pledges to pay US share of Paris climate funding

http://www.telegraph...d=tmgoff_fb_tmg

• Arturo and TomJH like this

#803 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

That is to the American people who are former
(and possibly future) employees of Goldman Sachs.
  • Arturo likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#804 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 13h13 hours ago

Top Congressional Republicans Applaud Trump’s Decision To Pull Out Of Paris Climate Agreement http://trib.al/dBfGQUT pic.twitter.com/dK0VXsyBOB

Oil and gas industry has pumped millions into Republican campaigns-

Fossil fuel barons have invested more than $100m in Republican presidential Super Pacs – raising concerns over special interests.....

https://www.theguard...lican-campaigns

<_<

• Arturo, Bogie56 and LawrenceA like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#805 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

The Guardian has an excellent editorial today, endorsing the Labour Party in next week's election. It's very clear about the weaknesses of both parties. Although the Conservatives are not crazy like our right wing, much of The Guardian's criticism of them is relevant to the United States:

Here's an excerpt from the editorial:

The Conservatives do not deserve our vote. Their claim that they will use the power of the state to help people and promise to raise the living wage, build affordable housing and deal with spiralling energy prices is a welcome development but one not matched by their policies. Their uncosted manifesto is a diversion from the consistently callous and negligent record in office. This has seen food banks become a feature of our communities, seen school budgets cut for the first time for 20 years and left patients waiting longer than ever in hospitals that are mired in deficits. Tory economics has created a new working class of people with jobs but in poverty. Instead of being serious about rebuilding the public finances without loading the costs on to the poor, the Tory party wants to bring back foxhunting and ask new mothers who have been raped for verification if they wish to claim benefits for more than two children. 

https://www.theguard...vote-its-labour

• film lover 293 likes this

#806 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

I heard that yesterday during the speech. That has to be one of the stupidest, most-blatantly false BS comments I've ever heard out of Washington, and that's saying something. Who else was this move made for if not the special interests? I know Republicans don't like facts and statistics, but every poll, done on a state-by-state basis, shows that the American people wanted to stay with the accord.

Government by dip-***** for dip-*****.

Not the American people in those rust belt states that won the election for Trump.   This was payback to those folks.     Of course they have their own 'special interest' (e.g.  retaining coal as a primary energy source). 

So yea, BS statement for sure,  but I don't find it unusual coming from a politician.  In fact it is very typical.   

#807 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

JakeHolman, on 02 Jun 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:snapback.png

Wahoo!  Now there's something to be proud of.

I rather they hunted antelope and buffalo than the big cats and elephants.

I'd rather they get Gored by buffalo, or the big cats hunted them. POETIC JUSTICE!
  • LawrenceA likes this

#808 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Democrat Offers $100K Reward For Naked Photos Of Teenage Hunter

http://thelibertaria...teenage-hunter/

So this will turn her into a **** instead of ending the hunting of lions and other big cats. :huh:

How about a reward for a photo of her ILLEGALLY hunting them?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME..the word pin_up is offensive TCM?  What's next, you might delete this next?

88261.jpg

Edited by hamradio, 02 June 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#809 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

JakeHolman, on 02 Jun 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:snapback.png

fOuyjxjY_bigger.jpeg
Free Beacon‏Verified account @FreeBeacon 13h13 hours ago
May 2017 Sets Gun Sales Record http://goo.gl/ZV65H9  via @StephenGutowskipic.twitter.com/Zn4geGz3HY

hunt30n-13-web.jpg

Talking about Jet Set Elites.....is there a more worthless family than this one!

I rather they hunted antelope and buffalo than the big cats and elephants.

#810 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Cineaste

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,095 posts
  • LocationLook Out!

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

The Daily Signal‏Verified account @DailySignal 18h18 hours ago

"America finally has a leader who answers only to the people—not special interests who've had their way too long" 

I heard that yesterday during the speech. That has to be one of the stupidest, most-blatantly false BS comments I've ever heard out of Washington, and that's saying something. Who else was this move made for if not the special interests? I know Republicans don't like facts and statistics, but every poll, done on a state-by-state basis, shows that the American people wanted to stay with the accord.

Government by dip-***** for dip-*****.

• mr6666, Arturo, Bogie56 and 1 other like this

#811 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

hunt30n-13-web.jpg

Talking about Jet Set Elites.....is there a more worthless family than this one!
  • Bogie56 and film lover 293 like this

#812 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

2697121643_64f10e0272_z.jpg

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#813 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

AMERICA FIRST! MAGA!

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#814 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

5UgMNCwA_bigger.jpg

Breitbart NewsVerified account @BreitbartNews 13h13 hours ago

"Articulated better than any world leader has ever done before why environmentalism is in fact such a harmful creed"  DELINGPOLE: That Paris Speech Just Made Trump Great Again http://www.breitbart...mp-great-again/ Donald-Trump-Rose-Garden-White-House-Jun

#815 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

5UgMNCwA_bigger.jpg

Breitbart NewsVerified account @BreitbartNews 12h12 hours ago

Already predicting that the Dems will choke! http://www.breitbart...e-elected-2020/

Bloomberg-Getty-640x480.jpg

#816 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

5UgMNCwA_bigger.jpg

Breitbart NewsVerified account @BreitbartNews 3h3 hours ago 

Monopoly. Report: Google, Facebook Control 85% of Online Ad Growth http://www.breitbart...wth-domination/

#817 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 15h15 hours ago

Gore: Syrian Civil War Caused By Climate Change http://trib.al/EatxICd pic.twitter.com/veNbss7pAg

DBRZph8XoAEvjMY.jpg
Rich lunatic.

#818 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 14h14 hours ago

Two-Thirds Of States Join Fight Against Illegal Immigration http://trib.al/P1H0Gvz pic.twitter.com/b6UW6eK1bO

DBRgc8nWsAIzrU0.jpg

#819 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 14h14 hours ago

Trump Admin Enacts ‘Extreme Vetting’ For Certain Immigrants http://trib.al/RHz7m6g pic.twitter.com/XXhGb0F8zF

DBRkAajXYAE-wyb.jpg

#820 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 13h13 hours ago

Top Congressional Republicans Applaud Trump’s Decision To Pull Out Of Paris Climate Agreement http://trib.al/dBfGQUT pic.twitter.com/dK0VXsyBOB

DBRvExnXoAEloXt.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)