We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Lost Silents?

lost film silent film

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Natalie Webb

Natalie Webb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:30 AM

film lover 293, London After Midnight (1927) sounds intriguing, I'd like to see that one too. It's nice when they are able to use stills to piece them together, but it's also very sad that you cannot see the whole thing as it was meant to be, and it makes you want to see the movie even more. I saw The Young Rajah (1922) in the version made with stills and the surviving film, but I wanted so badly to see the entire thing, especially at the beginning and where the guy falls out of the window, you just can't recreate that in stills. I did feel very lucky to see it even in that way though, and I'm glad that there was some surviving footage, its in better shape than some of these with no known footage. Wouldn't it be great if they found a big stash of these somewhere and they were in great condition, and all these movies we've been wanting to see were finally available? That'd be so great... I know what I'll be dreaming of tonight  :)

• film lover 293 likes this

#22 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

(1)--"London After Midnight" (1927)--With Lon Chaney Sr., directed by Tod Browning.  I've seen the version that is stills from the production; now if the film would be discovered and shown.

(2)--"Yolanda" (1924)--Marion Davies film I've never heard whether it was available to view or not.  I certainly would like to see it.

• TopBilled, LawrenceA and Natalie Webb like this

#23 Natalie Webb

Natalie Webb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:30 AM

There are so many lost films, it is such a shame that many of these unique pieces of art have been lost! I am always reading about a lost film that sounds so good and wish that I could see it. What lost silents would you most like to see? Here's my top 3:

1. The Big Little Person (1919) so sad that I will probably never see this one, it sounds so interesting.

2. Uncharted Seas (1921) I would love to see it. Who knows, maybe it will turn up somewhere like Beyond the Rocks (1922) did :D.

3. The Glimpses of the Moon (1923)

What are some that you would love to be discovered?

• TopBilled and LawrenceA like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lost film, silent film

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users