We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

General Info about our Message Boards

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ScottZepher

ScottZepher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

I had requested assistance re uploading a profile photo, but received no reply.   I had a image well below the limit, but couldn't even get it into the editing area.  What exactly is necessary to download a photo?

#2 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:20 PM

I've really had a terrible time trying to log in to the message boards.  

I'm sorry to hear that Charlie's Girl. It looks like you've logged in fine now. If you like, you can send me a private message describing what type of issue you were having, and we'll see what steps we can take to make sure it doesn't happen again. 

#3 Charlie's Girl

Charlie's Girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

I've really had a terrible time trying to log in to the message boards.  

#4 Lulu77

Lulu77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

HELLO

I LIKE THE COURSE AND I M VERY HAPPY FOR HE.

#5 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, but sometimes after I post something, the sorting changes. Or maybe I'm crazy? Hummm...  :lol:

No, you're not crazy!  Right after you post, you are probably seeing your reply at the bottom. Hit refresh and it will go to the top :)

#6 Thief12

Thief12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

Hi Thief12

When you first look at a thread, you will be taken to the first unread post (unread by you). Instead of scrolling from the top down though, in our software, you will scroll from the bottom up to read the messages in the order they were posted. There is no way to change that. 

I hope this helps!

Yeah, but sometimes after I post something, the sorting changes. Or maybe I'm crazy? Hummm...  :lol:

#7 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:49 PM

I think I can ask something here, instead of PMing you. Is there a way to sort the replies in a thread by date? If I'm not mistaken, the default setting is to sort them by some priority, or something, but it bugs me. Thanks!

Hi Thief12

When you first look at a thread, you will be taken to the first unread post (unread by you). Instead of scrolling from the top down though, in our software, you will scroll from the bottom up to read the messages in the order they were posted. There is no way to change that. 

I hope this helps!

#8 eg3m

eg3m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

Unfortunately, I missed last year's #NoirSummer, but I'm looking forward to participating in #SlapstickFall!

#9 Dr. Rich Edwards

Dr. Rich Edwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationBall State University

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

Hi Professor Edwards...I took your Summer of Darkness class last year and have been waiting patiently for another course you're presenting.  Thank you so much, I'm looking forward to this one, too!

Thanks! I'm excited about the new course. Thanks for enrolling again!

Much learning and laughter to come in #SlapstickFall.

Best, Dr. E.

Richard Edwards, PhD

Ball State University

Instructor: TCM Presents: The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock (2017)

Instructor: TCM Presents: Painfully Funny: Exploring Slapstick in the Movies (2016)

Instructor: TCM Presents: Into the Darkness: Investigating Film Noir (2015)

#10 Joifuljoi

Joifuljoi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hi Professor Edwards...I took your Summer of Darkness class last year and have been waiting patiently for another course you're presenting.  Thank you so much, I'm looking forward to this one, too!

• TopBilled likes this

#11 Donnalynne

Donnalynne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

I appreciate the overview of policy and procedure regarding this program. 

#12 Thief12

Thief12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:18 PM

I think I can ask something here, instead of PMing you. Is there a way to sort the replies in a thread by date? If I'm not mistaken, the default setting is to sort them by some priority, or something, but it bugs me. Thanks!

#13 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Greetings Slapstick Fans!

To those who joined us last year, welcome back! 

And to those who are new here, we are very happy you've signed up!

I have just a few bits of information I'd like to share with you. 

First off, if there is an existing thread on a topic, please post in there, and do not start a new one. If you do, we will merge yours into the already existing one. This helps to keep the boards from getting too cluttered. 

A few you have emailed Professor Edwards when you've experienced trouble logging into the Forums. That is great! If he isn't sure what the issue might be, he will reach out to me. If you have any issues, or questions at a later time, please feel free to send me a PM (private message). You can do this by clicking on my profile, then clicking, 'Message this Member'. 

Some of you have already noticed that we have a language filter in place. We know that it sometimes stars out words that might seem silly, even we think so at times. However, it's there for a reason, and doesn't generally impede anyone's ability to post their thoughts. These are moderated message boards, and there is always the possibility that one of your posts could be edited and/or removed. We don't have to do that often here, as classic movie fans are the best fans ever! 

We do have a Code of Conduct, which you may read here:

http://www.tcm.com/c...of-conduct.html

As I said, any problems, questions, concerns, please feel free to PM, and we will do our very best to help. We want to make your experience here a memorable one! 

• Drosera, Janeko and eg3m like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users