We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Handsome men who did not become movie stars

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

As I already mentioned, I watch NCIS: Los Angeles. Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J (both of which are ineligible for this thread) have a bromance and have good chemistry with one another. But Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan have better chemistry on the Hawaii Five-O reboot. (I've only seen a few episodes, but I admire both Alex and Scott.)

Here's the difference:

bfd48fd30dc9cadd380b8a33be134e1b.jpg

46f2603ec03277c6e22fa679550be6d0.jpg

Yes I saw this in the clips Alex and Scott don't have any problems hugging actually it's nice to see straight men who are not afraid to show their love for each other.

• rayban and jinsinna13 like this

#2 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

As I already mentioned, I watch NCIS: Los Angeles. Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J (both of which are ineligible for this thread) have a bromance and have good chemistry with one another. But Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan have better chemistry on the Hawaii Five-O reboot. (I've only seen a few episodes, but I admire both Alex and Scott.)

Here's the difference:

bfd48fd30dc9cadd380b8a33be134e1b.jpg

• jaragon, rayban and jinsinna13 like this

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#3 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Alex's and Scott's love in a nutshell! :wub:

a27b7c42cd36313ecadb2b9109dae1c2.jpg

They have real chemistry and the show plays on their bromance

#4 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

Alex's and Scott's love in a nutshell! :wub:

a27b7c42cd36313ecadb2b9109dae1c2.jpg

"Believe in what your heart is saying. Hear the melody that's playing. There's no time to waste. There's so much to celebrate. Believe in what you feel inside. And give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need. If you just believe."  Josh Groban- "Believe"

#5 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

Alex O'Loughlin

10643952-large.jpg

f1edde052a8659c1d6d65f9367bda757.jpg

#6 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Scott Caan and his Hawaii Five-O co-star Alex O'Loughlin (a possible contender for this thread) make a cute couple. :wub:

cf57ed09863e701cbcc2a0a6b8aa5acf.jpg

The do make a handsome couple- bet you there is plenty of fan fiction about these two.

#7 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

Scott Caan and his Hawaii Five-O co-star Alex O'Loughlin (a possible contender for this thread) make a cute couple. :wub:

cf57ed09863e701cbcc2a0a6b8aa5acf.jpg

• jaragon and jinsinna13 like this

#8 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Scott Caan appeared in Varsity Blues and Into the Blue with his buddy Paul Walker but has left movies (and Walker) in favor of the sun and sand on the Hawaii Five-O reboot.

scott-caan-1-sized.jpg

scott-caan-height-weight-body-fat-percen

• jinsinna13 likes this

#9 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Russell Tovey might still become a movie star but he likes to get naked a lot on tv https://youtu.be/XOdTuIYsW8s   

• rayban likes this

#10 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Mr Donovan is ready for his close up :) https://youtu.be/auAcDyX7qV4

• rayban likes this

#11 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Actor Trevor Donovan should've been A STAR ten years ago -

43.jpg

He looks very inviting... ;)

• rayban likes this

#12 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Actor Trevor Donovan should've been A STAR ten years ago -

43.jpg

• TopBilled, ChristineHoard and jaragon like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#13 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Agree. He's great in that film.

And his swim team mates are cute

• TopBilled and rayban like this

#14 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,141 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Timothy Hutton really earned his Oscar for "Ordinary People"

Agree. He's great in that film.

• jaragon and rayban like this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#15 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

Timothy Hutton really earned his Oscar for "Ordinary People" https://youtu.be/rkh_jXurmo8

• TopBilled and rayban like this

#16 chandler5710

chandler5710

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

In Latino culture there is as a lot of down low relationship - men who get married and have gay lovers on the side

Yes! That is so.

• rayban likes this

#17 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

I'm only going by what a doctor said, and my experiences in Los Angeles. I have a friend who likes Latin men so I've met a lot of them. The doctor said in his experience in discussing, for instance, AIDS or an STD with them, they become quite angry at any implication that they are gay, even though they are gay or bisexual. I should not have generalized because of course that isn't true of all Latino men, obviously.

In Latino culture there is as a lot of down low relationship - men who get married and have gay lovers on the side

• rayban likes this

#18 chandler5710

chandler5710

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

All Latino men are not "extremely homophobic".   Macho culture does not tolerate homosexual relationship- specially if the men are not effeminate - it also reflects their treatment of women as passive sex objects.  In recent times Latino culture has become a bit more tolerant of gay men- but it still takes a lot of courage to be out and proud in Latin American Country.

I'm only going by what a doctor said, and my experiences in Los Angeles. I have a friend who likes Latin men so I've met a lot of them. The doctor said in his experience in discussing, for instance, AIDS or an STD with them, they become quite angry at any implication that they are gay, even though they are gay or bisexual. I should not have generalized because of course that isn't true of all Latino men, obviously.

#19 jinsinna13

jinsinna13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

DeForest Kelley

dfkelley2-med.jpg

#20 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Joe is suppose to be a tragic character and a beautiful looser- I imagine than when he ended up in prison perhaps he finally met a man who made him happy ;)

Naww. He told Ratzo... Rico, I mean... that he wasn't cut out to be a hustler but was thinking of some sort of outdoor construction work. This will give him further bro-bonding opportunities with fellow shirtless guys suffering in the Miami heat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users