We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Random Alerts!

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#1 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:13 AM

Mr. John Raspado - Mr. Gay World - 2017 -

_RMR3893.jpg

• jaragon likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#2 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

2ljgtw9.jpg

Mr. Raspado will serve as the ambassador for the global LGTB community and, of course, he will definitely focus on HIV advocacy. 

And his costume would be perfect for "The Gay Adventures of Simbad"

• rayban likes this

#3 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

2ljgtw9.jpg

Mr. Raspado will serve as the ambassador for the global LGTB community and, of course, he will definitely focus on HIV advocacy. 

• jaragon likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#4 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

George Michael, one of the world's greatest musical talents, will be receiving the Elizabeth Taylor Humanitarian Award at the 27th Annual Project Angel Food Gala on August 19th in Los Angeles.

Project Angel Food is an organization that encourages and supports sick people who are battling a critical illness.

Mr. Michael, who will, of course, be receiving the award posthumously, began to support the organization in 1993.

aboutfaith.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#5 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

Producer/director Ryan Murphy, who has achieved enormous success on television, is bringing Mart Crowley's classic play, "The Boys In The Band", to Broadway.

An all-star cast is under consideration.

Will Matt Bomer and Zachary Quinto and Jim Parsons be among them?

How about Finn Wittrock, too?

maxresdefault.jpg

Add Russell Tovey to the mix

• rayban likes this

#6 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

Producer/director Ryan Murphy, who has achieved enormous success on television, is bringing Mart Crowley's classic play, "The Boys In The Band", to Broadway.

An all-star cast is under consideration.

Will Matt Bomer and Zachary Quinto and Jim Parsons be among them?

How about Finn Wittrock, too?

maxresdefault.jpg

• TopBilled and jaragon like this

#7 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

"Broadway Bares" celebrated its' 27th anniversary this Sunday with a brand-new edition - "Strip U".

The event, always a joy, raised $1,568,114 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights/Aids.

Below is a dazzling pic of one of the TEN PRODUCTION NUMBERS.

Bares2017home.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#8 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

It is just a silly thing I noticed in two back to back film trailers. Probably mere coincidence.

• jaragon likes this

#9 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

I watched this trailer. Then it was followed by another for a recent film featuring James Franco called I Am Michael. What tickles me is that both movies have shots of hands at piano keys. Is that the new gay stereotype trending in indy films? You must be piano literate in order to be a struggling gay man?

Maybe- Michael Grant actually plays the piano on screen- and he is very good.  I avoided "I Am Michael" based on a true story about a man who went from gay to straight (?!)   "Fair Haven"is like a gay movie for the Hallmark channel

• Jlewis likes this

#10 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

"Fair Haven" (2016) I just saw this on show time is a well made gay theme drama about James ( Michael Grant) who comes back to his farm town after undergoing a gay-conversion therapy.  Tom Wopat plays his conservative father.  Grant who looks like a young Tom Cruise and Josh Green make a cute couple.   https://youtu.be/3tdhLaOmXds

I watched this trailer. Then it was followed by another for a recent film featuring James Franco called I Am Michael. What tickles me is that both movies have shots of hands at piano keys. Is that the new gay stereotype trending in indy films? You must be piano literate in order to be a struggling gay man?

• jaragon likes this

#11 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

"Fair Haven" (2016) I just saw this on show time is a well made gay theme drama about James ( Michael Grant) who comes back to his farm town after undergoing a gay-conversion therapy.  Tom Wopat plays his conservative father.  Grant who looks like a young Tom Cruise and Josh Green make a cute couple.   https://youtu.be/3tdhLaOmXds

• rayban likes this

#12 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Theo James :wub:  strips for Richard Gerehttps://youtu.be/TLOt8lQ0_iI

• Swithin and rayban like this

#13 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

You can't say enough about Rupert Graves.

I just bought a DVD of his readings of Shakespeare's sonnets.

Of course, you know that most of them were written to a beautiful red-headed young man of royal birth.

Henry Wriothesley, the third Earl of Southhampton.

HenryWriothesley_1594.jpg

They knew how to dress in those days ;)

• rayban likes this

#14 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:25 AM

You can't say enough about Rupert Graves.

I just bought a DVD of his readings of Shakespeare's sonnets.

Of course, you know that most of them were written to a beautiful red-headed young man of royal birth.

Henry Wriothesley, the third Earl of Southhampton.

HenryWriothesley_1594.jpg

• Swithin and jaragon like this

#15 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

I only saw Gabriel Ebert in "Gently Down The Stream".  He's a very magnetic presence on stage.

In the play, he falls in love with Harvey Fierstein, a much older man.

Then, he falls in love with Christopher Sears, who's younger than Gabriel Ebert's character is.

Luckily, I ran across Harvey Fierstein in the lobby of the Public Theater.

He's a very friendly person.

He even shook my hand.

I asked him how he found the play.

He told me that Martin Sherman sent the play to him.

I am hoping that this play will be available on DVD.

I wonder if Gently Down the Stream will get to London, which is where I saw a few of Martin Sherman's plays: Bent, When She Danced, and A Madhouse in Goa. Bent starred Ian McKellen and Tom Bell; the other two plays starred Vanessa Redgrave, but for me the real star of A Madhouse in Goa was a brilliant Rupert Graves. 

Britain's National Theatre will be doing a reading of Bent as part of their Q ueer Theatre series, which includes many interesting readings (including a play by Mae West) and a full production of Angels in America.

https://www.national...s/queer-theatre

https://www.national...gels-in-america

• rayban likes this

#16 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

Sorry I missed it. I met Gabriel Ebert once -- lovely, talented actor, who also plays the ukelele.  Saw him in Brief Encounter, 4000 Miles, and Casa Valentina. Here he is in Casa Valentina:

eber.jpg

I only saw Gabriel Ebert in "Gently Down The Stream".  He's a very magnetic presence on stage.

In the play, he falls in love with Harvey Fierstein, a much older man.

Then, he falls in love with Christopher Sears, who's younger than Gabriel Ebert's character is.

Luckily, I ran across Harvey Fierstein in the lobby of the Public Theater.

He's a very friendly person.

He even shook my hand.

I asked him how he found the play.

He told me that Martin Sherman sent the play to him.

I am hoping that this play will be available on DVD.

• Swithin, TopBilled and jaragon like this

#17 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

It's over now - I was lucky enough to get two of the few remaining seats - but Martin Sherman's "Gently Down The Stream" with Harvey Fierstein, Gabriel Ebert and Christopher Sears was one of the great theatrical events of this past theater season here in New York City -

Sorry I missed it. I met Gabriel Ebert once -- lovely, talented actor, who also plays the ukelele.  Saw him in Brief Encounter, 4000 Miles, and Casa Valentina. Here he is in Casa Valentina:

eber.jpg

• rayban likes this

#18 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

Archie and Jughead having fun https://youtu.be/cxDXt3SjpRc

K J and Cole make a cute couple

• rayban likes this

#19 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,234 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

It's over now - I was lucky enough to get two of the few remaining seats - but Martin Sherman's "Gently Down The Stream" with Harvey Fierstein, Gabriel Ebert and Christopher Sears was one of the great theatrical events of this past theater season here in New York City -

05gently2-master675.jpg

Sounds fun! 

• jaragon and rayban like this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#20 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

05gently2-master675.jpg

• Swithin and TopBilled like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users