We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Random Alerts!

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#1 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

1626150.png

• Jlewis, ChristineHoard and jaragon like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#2 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

Guess I will have to find out what the "peach scene" is all about. Ha ha!

I wish that I could tell you.

You could get the book.

It is magnificent.

• Jlewis likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#3 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

Guess I will have to find out what the "peach scene" is all about. Ha ha!

• rayban likes this

#4 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

"Call Me By Your Name" - London Film Festival -

https://youtu.be/10cBzSMFXvY

#5 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

"Call Me By Your Name" - dance clip -

https://youtu.be/dJ_p4Z_yVpM

• ChristineHoard likes this

#6 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

"Call Me By Your Name" - film trailer -

https://youtu.be/Z9AYPxH5NTM

• jaragon likes this

#7 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:32 AM

If I knew how to post this I would:  Armie Hammer from CALL ME BY MY NAME dancing joyously for 40-some seconds in a clip from the movie.  It's on the Vulture.com web site under the heading (paraphrasing here) Six Good Things That Happened This Week.

It's been a rotten news week for reasons I needn't get into here but if you would like a little something to cheer you up, check this out.

I'm looking forward to this movie.

It is based on a terrific book.

But will the filmmakers be faithful to the original?

It is quite GAY.

I do hear that the notorious "peach scene" from the novel has been - lovingly - included in the film version.

I would love to discuss it.

But, here, it would be censored.

31-call-me-by-your-name.w710.h473.jpg

• Jlewis likes this

#8 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

If I knew how to post this I would:  Armie Hammer from CALL ME BY MY NAME dancing joyously for 40-some seconds in a clip from the movie.  It's on the Vulture.com web site under the heading (paraphrasing here) Six Good Things That Happened This Week.

It's been a rotten news week for reasons I needn't get into here but if you would like a little something to cheer you up, check this out.

• TopBilled and rayban like this

#9 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Rampant, aggressive and sometimes abusive sexuality has been a part of Hollywood since the industry began (and probably since humankind began and people assumed positions of power). Everyone's heard tales of the casting couch, and whether it was heterosexual, homosexual or less-savory predilections, those in power have used their position to try and take advantage of those willing to do whatever it takes to find success. Beyond the (sadly typical) piggish heteros like Weinstein, there have been stories about "Lavender Mafia" types using their power in the same way, be it men with men or women with women. And there are sadly too many former child stars that corroborate them to dismiss the many stories about industry power-brokers that like their companions too young. It is a sad but common part of the entertainment industry, and maybe this Weinstein scandal breaking will push more into the light. There's no telling how many careers (justly or not) will be harmed or even ruined in the process. It looks like Ben Affleck's is in a downward trajectory at the moment.

Bryan Singer  the producer/ director of the X Men movies was involved in infamous gay pool parties in which young men were coerced into having sex for a chance to be in movies or tv. 

• LawrenceA and rayban like this

#10 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Watchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,100 posts
  • LocationThe Wild Frontier

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Rampant, aggressive and sometimes abusive sexuality has been a part of Hollywood since the industry began (and probably since humankind began and people assumed positions of power). Everyone's heard tales of the casting couch, and whether it was heterosexual, homosexual or less-savory predilections, those in power have used their position to try and take advantage of those willing to do whatever it takes to find success. Beyond the (sadly typical) piggish heteros like Weinstein, there have been stories about "Lavender Mafia" types using their power in the same way, be it men with men or women with women. And there are sadly too many former child stars that corroborate them to dismiss the many stories about industry power-brokers that like their companions too young. It is a sad but common part of the entertainment industry, and maybe this Weinstein scandal breaking will push more into the light. There's no telling how many careers (justly or not) will be harmed or even ruined in the process. It looks like Ben Affleck's is in a downward trajectory at the moment.

• ChristineHoard, jaragon and rayban like this

#11 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

I wonder if there is a gay Harvey Weinstein in Hollywood .

Yes, back in the 50's and 60's, there was super-agent Henry Willson.

Rad02c.jpg

51s-a6qYuYL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Jlewis, ChristineHoard and jaragon like this

#12 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

http://www.towleroad...ual-harassment/

#13 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Watchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,100 posts
  • LocationThe Wild Frontier

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

Apparently at least one, according to Terry Crews.

https://pagesix.com/...hollywood-exec/

• jaragon and rayban like this

#14 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

• rayban likes this

#15 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

I wasn't that thrilled to see them again.

They seem to be even quirkier than ever.

I laughed a couple of times- but the premise seems tired now- of course my favorite scenes are the one with Kyle Bornheimer as the gay secret service guy.

• rayban likes this

#16 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

I wasn't that thrilled to see them again.

They seem to be even quirkier than ever.

• jaragon likes this

#17 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

So  did you guy see the reboot of "Will and Grace" ?  Any thoughts

#18 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,529 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

Today, on "Days Of Our Lives", just after Paul and Sonny said their personalized wedding vows to each other, the church doors swung open and the crowd gasped in horror - who could it be?, what could it be? - so far, Will, who has returned from the dead, has only appeared in Sonny's and Lucas' dreams -

Days-of-Our-Lives-Spoilers-Paul-and-Sonn

I guess we will see if this raises the show's ratings. 

• rayban likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#19 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

Today, on "Days Of Our Lives", just after Paul and Sonny said their personalized wedding vows to each other, the church doors swung open and the crowd gasped in horror - who could it be?, what could it be? - so far, Will, who has returned from the dead, has only appeared in Sonny's and Lucas' dreams -

Days-of-Our-Lives-Spoilers-Paul-and-Sonn

• TopBilled likes this

#20 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

Fox has announced a live version of the Broadway musical, "A Christmas Story", which is based on the classic film and, of course, the musical itself.

It has music by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, who are now enjoying the Broadway success of "Dear Evan Hansen".

7.181031.jpg

"Dear Evan Hansen" has an amazing score

• rayban likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users