We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Random Alerts!

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#21 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

The parade is one of those event that is better experience live and in person and if one is not afraid of crowds the post parade can be lots of fun

Yes, but the heat usually gets to me.

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#22 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

It promises to be one of TV's great summertime events.

The parade is one of those event that is better experience live and in person and if one is not afraid of crowds the post parade can be lots of fun

• Jlewis and rayban like this

#23 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

Want to blow Mike Pence's mind?  Have him attend the NYC Gay Pride Parade and then have a solo dinner with a woman who isn't Mrs. Pence.  He'd probably melt like the witch in WIZARD OF OZ!

• Jlewis, jaragon and rayban like this

#24 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

Wonder if it will be as wild and gay as past parades with more watching.

You think Mike Pence will attend?

It promises to be one of TV's great summertime events.

• Jlewis and TopBilled like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#25 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

The New York City LGBT Pride Parade will be televised on network television for the first time this June.

It will be seen, here in the tri-state area, on WABC-TV or Channel 7.

It will be a momentous occasion.

rex_pridefest_parade_new_york_usa_26_jun

Wonder if it will be as wild and gay as past parades with more watching.

You think Mike Pence will attend?

• rayban likes this

#26 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

"Brokeback Mountain", the opera by Charles Wuorinen and Annie Proulx, will make its' New York City debut at the New York City Opera in 2018.

Below, the Madrid production in 2014.

The stars of the New York production have not been announced.

c2fc5a3ed337baf9522c4f0b6c2de5b5_orig.jp

#27 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

The New York City LGBT Pride Parade will be televised on network television for the first time this June.

It will be seen, here in the tri-state area, on WABC-TV or Channel 7.

It will be a momentous occasion.

rex_pridefest_parade_new_york_usa_26_jun

• TopBilled and jaragon like this

#28 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

A gay "From Here to Eternity" moment from "Sense8"https://youtu.be/ATlVc_cUMDY

• rayban likes this

#29 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Julian Sands was offered the role of Maurice Hall in the film, and he did accept it, too, but pulled out of the production at the last minute.

I wonder - does he regret this decision today?

201703049_1_IMG_FIX_700x700.jpg

James Wilby is perfect as Maurice.

• rayban likes this

#30 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:25 AM

Julian Sands was offered the role of Maurice Hall in the film, and he did accept it, too, but pulled out of the production at the last minute.

I wonder - does he regret this decision today?

201703049_1_IMG_FIX_700x700.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#31 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

"Maurice", that glorious gay film from 1987, is celebrating its' 30th anniversary by returning in a 4K restoration at New York City's historic and newly-reopened Quad Cinema in lower Manhattan.

The film, which opens on May 19, will kick off a monthly series of **** classic films.

James Ivory, the director of the film, will conduct a Q&A on May 19th and May 20th.

"Maurice" had a tumultuous reception at the Venice Film Festival in 1987.

It won three major film awards, which included The Silver Lion for director James Ivory and the Best Actor Award for both James Wilby and Hugh Grant.

It then went on to a memorable opening in New York City and elsewhere.

It still remains THE GAY FILM that no gay man can forget.

Below, (from right) James Wilby as Maurice Hall, Rupert Graves as Alec Scudder and Hugh Grant as Clive Durham.

Maurice-630x330-3_lg.jpg

A beautiful movie but personally "Brokeback Mountain" is my choice for gay movie no gay man can forget

• rayban likes this

#32 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:07 AM

"Maurice", that glorious gay film from 1987, is celebrating its' 30th anniversary by returning in a 4K restoration at New York City's historic and newly-reopened Quad Cinema in lower Manhattan.

The film, which opens on May 19, will kick off a monthly series of **** classic films.

James Ivory, the director of the film, will conduct a Q&A on May 19th and May 20th.

"Maurice" had a tumultuous reception at the Venice Film Festival in 1987.

It won three major film awards, which included The Silver Lion for director James Ivory and the Best Actor Award for both James Wilby and Hugh Grant.

It then went on to a memorable opening in New York City and elsewhere.

It still remains THE GAY FILM that no gay man can forget.

Below, (from right) James Wilby as Maurice Hall, Rupert Graves as Alec Scudder and Hugh Grant as Clive Durham.

Maurice-630x330-3_lg.jpg

• Swithin and jaragon like this

#33 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

Noah Ambrose and Brandon Caddell are two gay high school students from North Carolina.

They discovered each other through their love of volunteerism.

They run their high school's Gay/Straight Alliance organization.

They will be featured on MTV's new reality show, "Promposal".

The show will be shown on June 4.

mtv-promposal-gay-couple-students-noah-a

• jaragon likes this

#34 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

FYI:  I read about it on the DAILY BEAST ("TV's most explicit hot gay sex scene ever" or words to that effect).  Click on the entertainment section at the bottom of the main page and it will go to that as well as other entertainment stories.  It's supposed to go further than LOOKING.  There are also articles about the episode and series in EW and VULTURE.COM which I haven't read yet but I look at DAILY BEAST almost every day.

Just stumble across the scene and it was more weird than erotic- yes fairly explicit but I found similar scenes in "Looking" a lot sexier

#35 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Or that just want a reason to make us watch it- "Looking" had some pretty hot gay sex

FYI:  I read about it on the DAILY BEAST ("TV's most explicit hot gay sex scene ever" or words to that effect).  Click on the entertainment section at the bottom of the main page and it will go to that as well as other entertainment stories.  It's supposed to go further than LOOKING.  There are also articles about the episode and series in EW and VULTURE.COM which I haven't read yet but I look at DAILY BEAST almost every day.

• jaragon and rayban like this

#36 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

I don't know if anyone watches AMERICAN GODS on Starz  but I read on a couple entertainment web sites that last night's episode had the most explicit gay  s e x  scene ever on a TV show -  it lasted four minutes and apparently showed a lot.   The show is based on a book by Neil Gaiman and is a "what if" about the gods of mythology being real and here in America today.  I might check out the show, not just for the  s e x , but it's an interesting premise with a diverse cast including  Ian McShane (DEADWOOD) and Orlando Jones (MAD TV).  

Or that just want a reason to make us watch it- "Looking" had some pretty hot gay sex

• rayban likes this

#37 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

Jim Parsons, the star of "The Big Bang Theory", finally married his long-term partner of 14 years, Todd Spiewak.

They married over the weekend at New York City's Rainbow Room.

They had started to date each other in 2002.

Jim Parsons came out publicly in 2012 via an interview in The New York Times

jim-parsons-todd-wedding.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#38 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

I don't know if anyone watches AMERICAN GODS on Starz  but I read on a couple entertainment web sites that last night's episode had the most explicit gay  s e x  scene ever on a TV show -  it lasted four minutes and apparently showed a lot.   The show is based on a book by Neil Gaiman and is a "what if" about the gods of mythology being real and here in America today.  I might check out the show, not just for the  s e x , but it's an interesting premise with a diverse cast including  Ian McShane (DEADWOOD) and Orlando Jones (MAD TV).  

• jaragon and rayban like this

#39 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Randy Rainbow and friends https://youtu.be/77bZFgjM3l8

#40 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Good question. They announced Alison Sweeney was returning as Sami a few weeks ago, but I think her visit is short-term. Probably to facilitate the new story with Will's coming back from the dead. I would assume Ali and Chandler do not come cheap. Chandler earned several Emmys.

Yes, Chandler Massey earned three consecutive Emmys for Best Young Actor in A Soap-Opera Series.

• TopBilled likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users