We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

BURIED TREASURE (1921)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drednm

drednm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

Did you enjoy the movie even though there was a reel missing? I've seen some silents that I really loved even though they were missing a lot of film, but I've also seen a few that were not so good because there was too much missing. What did you think of this film?

I always like Marion Davies films. I think she's hugely underrated even by film buffs. I sold The Bride's Play to TCM so that should air in the next few months. Gorgeous films with Davies in two roles. Hopeful that they'll air my Enchantment project again. Yolanda is stunning even with French/German intertitles. I'm hoping to "reconstruct" the missing reel from Buried Treasure from the short story I found. I'll have to research the original film ending as well.

• BelleLeGrand1, TopBilled, nfmslguapo and 2 others like this

#2 Natalie Webb

Natalie Webb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

Yes Norman Kerry is in it. He was also in Getting Mary Married (1919) with Davies.

Did you enjoy the movie even though there was a reel missing? I've seen some silents that I really loved even though they were missing a lot of film, but I've also seen a few that were not so good because there was too much missing. What did you think of this film?

#3 drednm

drednm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

Marion Davies looks stunning in that picture. That movie sounds intriguing, I read online that Norman Kerry is also in it, I'd like to see it sometime.

Yes Norman Kerry is in it. He was also in Getting Mary Married (1919) with Davies.

• Natalie Webb likes this

#4 Natalie Webb

Natalie Webb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:12 PM

Here's a glimpse of Marion Davies from my copy of this incomplete film. A story of reincarnation and possession with Davies playing modern-day Pauline and her former self Lucia.

BT4_zps4nwsr4ct.jpg

Marion Davies looks stunning in that picture. That movie sounds intriguing, I read online that Norman Kerry is also in it, I'd like to see it sometime.

#5 drednm

drednm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:59 AM

Here's a glimpse of Marion Davies from my copy of this incomplete film. A story of reincarnation and possession with Davies playing modern-day Pauline and her former self Lucia.

BT4_zps4nwsr4ct.jpg

• nfmslguapo and LawrenceA like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users