We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

NEXT YEAR!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Whipsnade

Whipsnade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationArroyo Grande, California

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

Courses covering the following genres would be great:

Westerns, Musicals, Detectives/Mysteries, Theatrical Cartoons & Short Subjects, Gangsters/Prison.

Other possibilities:  Focus on directors such as Hitchcock, Ford, Capra and Hawks.

Focus on decades such as 1930's or 1930's & 1940's.

Focus on studios, either individually or in comparison.

Focus on eras such as silent, pre-code or pre-WW2/post-WW2 

• Rejana Raj likes this

#2 T-Newton

T-Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

I vote for theatrical cartoons including (especially?) the shorts that preceded features. And, in the meantime, loved the noir & slapstick classes!

I am all for that!

• Rejana Raj likes this

#3 1924sherlockjr

1924sherlockjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

I would like Silent films as a first choice and as a second, Imported Films.  I hope to see another class tied to TCM no matter what the next topic is.  Thank you.

• Marianne and Rejana Raj like this

#4 mandog917

mandog917

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

Next year: westerns. For some reason I refused to watch westerns growing up. And now here in my older age… 50s… I've discovered westerns. They're pretty freaking good. Of course you've got the spaghetti. The bees. More historical facts. I mean there could be a genre in the genre. I love these courses! I learned a lot, and it's a lot of fun. Thank you again.

Westerns would be great! I became a big fan later in life, too. Matinee cowboys, the side kicks, scenery, good topic.

• Rejana Raj likes this

#5 melkirsch

melkirsch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

Musicals, Hitchcock, the Melodrama, historical/autobiographical films, coming of age/family films, moral conflict/compass films, the war and home front films, the detective/mystery films. Peter Weir films. 

• Rejana Raj likes this

#6 Kinokima

Kinokima

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

Love the Precode Suggestion
  • Rejana Raj likes this

#7 Heather Mary

Heather Mary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

Next year: westerns. For some reason I refused to watch westerns growing up. And now here in my older age… 50s… I've discovered westerns. They're pretty freaking good. Of course you've got the spaghetti. The bees. More historical facts. I mean there could be a genre in the genre. I love these courses! I learned a lot, and it's a lot of fun. Thank you again.
  • Rejana Raj likes this

#8 ElleRoushan

ElleRoushan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

I vote for theatrical cartoons including (especially?) the shorts that preceded features. And, in the meantime, loved the noir & slapstick classes! 🍌🌟
  • T-Newton and Rejana Raj like this

#9 Joe69

Joe69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

I would like something on precode Hollywood or the horror genre with hammer being more than a footnote.
  • Rejana Raj likes this

#10 Joe69

Joe69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:19 PM

Votes on what next year's class should be on (if this happens again next year[please let it happen again next year!]).
  • oscmy and Rejana Raj like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users