We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Private Message Boards disabled while typing message.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,504 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hi,
I still can't send any Private Messages. IT is still disable. THe mssage that popped out while I was typing one to a friend really meant just that. Until it is fixed I cannot send any and have not received any. I know you are very busy, but really need the matter resolved. I tried to send a PM to you, the Moderator, but cannot get through. You have all my info. and would appreciate some help.
Thanks
Janet

Please try to send me a new one (i.e. NOT a reply to the ones we traded a few days back).

I'll reply back IF \ when I get it.      Sorry for your difficulties.

As for Frank;  Wasn't it great that TCM was finally able to lease those Universal classic horror films?   I hope this is the sign of things to come and TCM increases the number of Universal films they show as well as the Paramount films that Universal owns the rights too.

#2 MCannady1

MCannady1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

Can't send any Private Messages yet. All was well until I had the sign pop up saying it was disabled. Can you please test it again. Thanks!

Hi,
I still can't send any Private Messages. IT is still disable. THe mssage that popped out while I was typing one to a friend really meant just that. Until it is fixed I cannot send any and have not received any. I know you are very busy, but really need the matter resolved. I tried to send a PM to you, the Moderator, but cannot get through. You have all my info. and would appreciate some help.
Thanks
Janet

#3 MCannady1

MCannady1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

Hello 

Are you saying that you were composing a private message to another member, and while you were doing that something popped up that said, "your message board is disabled"? 

I'm not sure what that might have been. If you like, you can try sending me a private message, and we can test this out.

Can't send any Private Messages yet. All was well until I had the sign pop up saying it was disabled. Can you please test it again. Thanks!

#4 MCannady1

MCannady1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

Hello 

Are you saying that you were composing a private message to another member, and while you were doing that something popped up that said, "your message board is disabled"? 

I'm not sure what that might have been. If you like, you can try sending me a private message, and we can test this out.

I am trying, but did not succeed. Will try tomorrow. Thanks!

#5 MCannady1

MCannady1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

Hello 

Thanks! Not sure how to send you a private one. I just noticed that none of my notifications are up in the message windows.I really think there is a problem with it. The only way to communicate right now is to do it on the regular boards. Can you help?
Thanks. I did not even see your message until just now. I

#6 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

Hello 

• MCannady1 likes this

#7 MCannady1

MCannady1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Hello,
I really need help with the Private Messages Forumn. I was typing a message and was told right in the middle of it that my message board is disabled.

I am [...]. I would really appreciate your help.

Also, a day or so ago, I was told by a friend that he received a notification of my message, but did not receive it.

Thanks for your help!
Janet [...]

Edited by TCMModerator1, 07 October 2016 - 05:32 PM.
Edited to Remove Personal Information

• TopBilled likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users