We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

bumper music

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

I actually found the whole tune...it's by Keith Nichols and it's called Jelly s Blues. Bought the whole album "Keith Nichol's Jazz on Amazon.

That's great you found the music. Knowing this now, maybe we can figure out what film Lawrence heard it in

#2 sallywinddancer

sallywinddancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

I actually found the whole tune...it's by Keith Nichols and it's called Jelly s Blues. Bought the whole album "Keith Nichol's Jazz on Amazon.  

#3 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Watchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,171 posts
  • LocationThe Wild Frontier

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

I suspect it's music that was composed especially for the pop-up book promo.  Probably TCM has staff that whips up a catchy bit of music now and then, just for the promos.

That may be true, but in this case they did use pre-existing music. I was watching a movie fairly recently and that music was used. I don't recall what film it was now, unfortunately.

Edit: I tried doing some research, but found no more info. I did hear the music in something, as I wouldn't mistake it from all the times that I've heard it. As often as these questions get asked, you'd think TCM would put full production credits up on their website for these things.

• mr6666 likes this

#4 misswonderly3

misswonderly3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

I suspect it's music that was composed especially for the pop-up book promo.  Probably TCM has staff that whips up a catchy bit of music now and then, just for the promos.

"....What is it?"

"The stuff that dreams are made of."

#5 sallywinddancer

sallywinddancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

I would love to know the name of the music that plays when they are opening the book and the Eiffel tower pops up ...then King Kong...etc etc..I love that music. Does anyone have an answer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users