We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Certificates of Completion Sent on Monday 10/24/16

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SantasLilHobbit

SantasLilHobbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Dear Dr. Edwards:

I have been patiently waiting for my certificate, but here we are, nearly three months later, and I have never received mine (I've scoured my email inbox, but there isn't anything from the TCM course regarding a certificate).

If someone could resend and/or get in touch, I'd appreciate it!

SantasLilHobbit@hotmail.com
Thank you!

#2 Mandroid51

Mandroid51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

Hi Dr. Edwards,

Oddly I did not receive the certificate. Perhaps it was attached and I overlooked it somehow. Would it be possible to have the PDF resent? Thanks!

#3 Rejana Raj

Rejana Raj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDubai, United Arab Emirates

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:56 AM

Dear Dr. Edwards,
I have received the Certificate of Completion. I understand that the process of receiving certificate will take time for others as there are many students who took this course. I admire your sincere consideration for all the students who took part in Slapstick comedy course.

THE COURSE WAS AWESOME !

Yours faithfully,
Rejana

#4 CynthiaV

CynthiaV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hi Dr. Edwards, I have not received my certificate. I have not even received an email. Thank you.

#5 Dr. Rich Edwards

Dr. Rich Edwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationBall State University

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

Dr. Rich Edwards,

Will I be mailed a certificate of completion for my participation in the course, "Ouch, Tribute to Slapstick Comedy."  

Thanks,

Angela Clark.

The Certificate of Completion is a PDF document and it will be emailed to all students who complete the course. There is no physical certificate that is mailed, though the PDF is designed to be printed out on your home printers. It is 8.5 x 11 in size. 

Best, Dr. E.

Richard Edwards, PhD

Ball State University

Instructor: TCM Presents: The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock (2017)

Instructor: TCM Presents: Painfully Funny: Exploring Slapstick in the Movies (2016)

Instructor: TCM Presents: Into the Darkness: Investigating Film Noir (2015)

#6 clark2600

clark2600

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

Dr. Rich Edwards,

Will I be mailed a certificate of completion for my participation in the course, "Ouch, Tribute to Slapstick Comedy."  

Thanks,

Angela Clark.

#7 Marianne

Marianne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationGreater Boston area

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

Got your message, and the Certificate has been sent to you again - thanks for letting me know. 

Got it! Many thanks for responding so quickly and many more thanks for a fantastic class.

I'm already looking forward to the next one. (I'm just going to assume there will be another one because the alternative is too depressing!)

#8 Dr. Rich Edwards

Dr. Rich Edwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:03 PM

I received the e-mail stating the I completed the course successfully, and the e-mail mentioned that the certificate was attached, but I didn't find any attachment. Will it be possible to resend?

I'll try contacting you, Dr. Edwards, via Canvas, too.

Got your message, and the Certificate has been sent to you again - thanks for letting me know. 

Richard Edwards, PhD

Ball State University

Instructor: TCM Presents: Painfully Funny: Exploring Slapstick in the Movies (2016)

#9 Marianne

Marianne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationGreater Boston area

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

I received the e-mail stating the I completed the course successfully, and the e-mail mentioned that the certificate was attached, but I didn't find any attachment. Will it be possible to resend?

I'll try contacting you, Dr. Edwards, via Canvas, too.

#10 Dr. Rich Edwards

Dr. Rich Edwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Hi #SlapstickFall Students:

I am putting up a message here in case you aren't receiving your messages on Canvas.net or don't follow the course hashtag #SlapstickFall on Twitter.

The Painfully Funny course is now wrapped, and we just sent out the Certificates of Completion today, Monday, October 24. 

If you believe you completed the course by passing all 4 quizzes + the final exam, then please leave a comment for me in my inbox at Canvas.net. The course is in archive mode, but if you were enrolled in the course, you can still access the course and send me a message through my inbox.

Thanks again for everyone who participated in #SlapstickFall.

The TCM community is simply amazing and it was my honor to have spent September studying and discussing 100 years of slapstick movies. 

Thanks, Dr. Rich Edwards

• Marianne, Mandroid51 and CynthiaV like this

Richard Edwards, PhD

Ball State University

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users