We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
7332 replies to this topic

#1 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,317 posts

Posted Today, 09:54 PM

45]tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpgThe HillVerified account @thehill

More

"West Wing" actor: Trump's rhetoric goes against the values America was built on http://hill.cm/5S6xQbs

DKniXhHVoAANokC.jpg

#2 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,317 posts

Posted Today, 06:06 PM

it won't be just HS when some msm schtootz who imagines himself or herself a journalist finally finaly asks colin kaepernick to explain the connection between rogue white cops unjustifiably shooting black criminal suspects and the american flag and national anthem...

I think he may have some difficulty explaining the connection.
:lol:
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPlAAAAJDE3MDg4MWJiLWFmM2Mt
maxresdefault.jpg

Make America predominantly white again, ruled by white supremacy--

That train left the station more than 20 years ago and it's not coming back.

#3 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hothead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,722 posts
  • Locationaround the neighborhood

Posted Today, 05:29 PM

if anyone be interested.....

I be having provolone sub sandwiches tonite.

giphy.gif

• NipkowDisc likes this

#4 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted Today, 05:22 PM

if anyone be interested.....

I be having provolone sub sandwiches tonite.

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#5 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts

Posted Today, 01:48 PM

It's not him.  He's doing it for those that are oppressed.  Something that people without the ability to empathize like you and Trump would never understand.

But I'm the stupid one for engaging you in conversation.  For if Trump were to take the exact opposite stance on each and every issue you would flip flop and still be arguing that he is right.  The issues have become meaningless to you.  He really is your emperor.  Maybe you should apply for a job cleaning his behind.

I cannot help in the name of all that is sensible and reasonable rejecting idiocy that disrespect is really respect.

yeah, whenever liberals want it to be. this time liberalism has made a big mistake that will eventually weaken any detractions against president donald trump.

in the ensuing weeks this will become painfully apparent to liberals.

"oh, you've earned my wrath!"

tumblr_m8mryyb7DX1rc1690o1_500.gif

tumblr_m8mumyjBet1rc1690o1_400.gif

#6 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts

Posted Today, 01:40 PM

They do want to make America a better place for everyone to live.  Trump by calling them sons of while saying that the nazis included some very nice people is bringing this protest down upon his own head.

leave it to liberalism to suggest that wrong is right everytime. :P

#7 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,073 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Today, 12:18 PM

Perhaps, Nipkow, what the players who kneel are doing is actually respecting the flag. 

They do want to make America a better place for everyone to live.  Trump by calling them sons of while saying that the nazis included some very nice people is bringing this protest down upon his own head.

• film lover 293 likes this

#8 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hothead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,722 posts
  • Locationaround the neighborhood

Posted Today, 12:05 PM

I dare any trump detractor to answer and elaborate on the following question...

what is the correlation between rogue law enforcement individuals and the american flag and national anthem???

kaepernick is supposed to be protesting what he sees as undue police brutality against black criminal subjects.

so why is he disrespecting the american flag and national anthem?...

and why is the NFL encouraging him to continue to do so???...

and why does the NFL imagine that the vast majority of americans are as unpatriotically apoplectic as skunk kaepernick and his equally confused buddies?

https://en.wikipedia..._anthem_protest

Try doing your own reading. People around here, myself included, try explaining things to you all the time with apparently no success. 

• film lover 293 likes this

#9 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,664 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

that was not my question so why doan you at least try to answer it so I will cull it down to 3 words...

why disrespect it?

Perhaps, Nipkow, what the players who kneel are doing is actually respecting the flag. 

• Arturo likes this

#10 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,073 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Today, 09:59 AM

but how does kaepernick hope to advance his cause by disrespecting the american flag and anthem???

oppressed?

how poor is colin kaepernick? :huh:

It's not him.  He's doing it for those that are oppressed.  Something that people without the ability to empathize like you and Trump would never understand.

But I'm the stupid one for engaging you in conversation.  For if Trump were to take the exact opposite stance on each and every issue you would flip flop and still be arguing that he is right.  The issues have become meaningless to you.  He really is your emperor.  Maybe you should apply for a job cleaning his behind.

• Hibi and Arturo like this

#11 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts

Posted Today, 09:40 AM

I know what donny oughta say months from now when he wins this kaepernick controversy...

"hey, I didn't start this. kaepernick did when he developed his knee problem."

hqdefault.jpg

#12 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts

Posted Today, 09:35 AM

Be grateful the protest is not a violent revolution by those that are sick and tired of being oppressed.  The double standards by some police forces when treating a white person or a black person is undeniable.

but how does kaepernick hope to advance his cause by disrespecting the american flag and anthem???

oppressed?

how poor is colin kaepernick? :huh:

#13 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,073 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Today, 09:28 AM

it won't be just HS when some msm schtootz who imagines himself or herself a journalist finally finaly asks colin kaepernick to explain the connection between rogue white cops unjustifiably shooting black criminal suspects and the american flag and national anthem...

Be grateful the protest is not a violent revolution by those that are sick and tired of being oppressed.  The double standards by some police forces when treating a white person or a black person is undeniable.

• Arturo likes this

#14 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAPlAAAAJDE3MDg4MWJiLWFmM2Mt

maxresdefault.jpg

#15 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,073 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Today, 09:11 AM

that was not my question so why doan you at least try to answer it so I will cull it down to 3 words...

why disrespect it?

instead of answering a simple question you go off on the anthem being antiquated. why is kaepernick disrespecting the flag and anthem? what do they have to do with police brutality?

I honestly doan see the connection. trump? is he wrong to think both flag and anthem shouldn't be disrespected? no. on this issue he has the moral authority of being completely correct. it is a winning issue. is the NFL eventually going to take and defend the position that disrespecting the american flag and national anthem doesn't mean anything???

in the coming weeks reality will catch up with the NFL who have made themselves the latest current enablers of America-rotting political correctness....

then they will rescind their current weakness and kaepernick will go ballistic and flip out. :lol:

If you think this is a genuine concern for Trump then I have swampland in Florida or a Real Estate University Coarse that you may be interested in.  It's just HS.

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#16 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts

Posted Today, 08:55 AM

It's not a particularly well written anthem anyway.  Some may prefer to listen to La Marseillaise or in Trump's case The State Anthem of the Soviet Union.

:D

why disrespect it?

instead of answering a simple question you go off on the anthem being antiquated. why is kaepernick disrespecting the flag and anthem? what do they have to do with police brutality?

I honestly doan see the connection. trump? is he wrong to think both flag and anthem shouldn't be disrespected? no. on this issue he has the moral authority of being completely correct. it is a winning issue. is the NFL eventually going to take and defend the position that disrespecting the american flag and national anthem doesn't mean anything???

in the coming weeks reality will catch up with the NFL who have made themselves the latest current enablers of America-rotting political correctness....

then they will rescind their current weakness and kaepernick will go ballistic and flip out. :lol:

#17 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,073 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Today, 08:20 AM

A better question is why must the National Anthem be played before sports events? In the UK, they used to play "God Save the Queen" at the theatre. They stopped doing that decades ago. 

Playing a song before or after a cultural/sport events is silly. What next, should they play it every day when supermarkets open?

It's not a particularly well written anthem anyway.  Some may prefer to listen to La Marseillaise or in Trump's case The State Anthem of the Soviet Union.

:D

• Arturo likes this

#18 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,664 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted Today, 08:00 AM

what is the correlation between rogue law enforcement individuals and the american flag and national anthem???

A better question is why must the National Anthem be played before sports events? In the UK, they used to play "God Save the Queen" at the theatre. They stopped doing that decades ago. 

Playing a song before or after a cultural/sport events is silly. What next, should they play it every day when supermarkets open?

• Arturo, Bogie56 and LawrenceA like this

#19 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,834 posts

Posted Today, 07:55 AM

kaepernick is supposed to be protesting what he sees as undue police brutality against black criminal subjects.

so why is he disrespecting the american flag and national anthem?...

and why is the NFL encouraging him to continue to do so???...

and why does the NFL imagine that the vast majority of americans are as unpatriotically apoplectic as skunk kaepernick and his equally confused buddies?

#20 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted Today, 01:33 AM

I think football is the most popular sport in the United States.
People really love the Chiefs down here; it's almost like a religion.

Pro Football is the most popular sport in the USA.  I think college football is #2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users