We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
4455 replies to this topic

#1 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,247 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM

well, is Donny Trump a hardcase or what. he layed it down for 'em. this is his game and not theirs.

he commands here! they either knock off the HS and vote to pass it tomorrow or Obamacare stays!

that's the card they've drawn. Ihey'd better fold because Donny ain't bluffin'.

raise or call...

So Donny's big gambit is to threaten them with continued Obamacare? 

pointing-and-laughing.gif

74143137.jpg

• mr6666 likes this

#2 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

well, is Donny Trump a hardcase or what. he layed it down for 'em. this is his game and not theirs.

he commands here! they either knock off the HS and vote to pass it tomorrow or Obamacare stays!

that's the card they've drawn. Ihey'd better fold because Donny ain't bluffin'.

raise or call...

"it'll be their doin'." -burt lancaster, lawman

:)

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#3 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

this is what you said ...

barack "I never met a muslim I didn't like" obama

Because you don't recognize the bigotry of that remark I pity you, as I would the village idiot.

I exaggerated to make a point. obama was too anxious to kiss up to the baddies.

#4 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,724 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted Yesterday, 04:29 PM

So much for the art of the deal. :lol:

LMREO! The repeal is so bad even GOP members dont want to vote for it!!! :D

#5 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 04:24 PM

So much for the art of the deal. :lol:

#6 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,226 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:14 PM

And it seems like I read a couple weeks ago that JCPenney is closing stores all over the country.

How much longer will we reap the fallout of Wal-Mart and Amazon?

Forever, probably.

I may live badly but at least I don't have to work to do it.

#7 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 01:44 PM

I shouldn't be bigoted against head-chopping psychopaths who denigrate islam by identifying themselves as muslims?

thank you. :P

can I call them jihadists which seems to be okay with joe biden?

problem is jihad is a muslim word meaning holy war and not all jihadist berserkers are engaged in holy war just murderous carnage.

the left wants to be respectful and polite to murderous 7th century throwbacks.

how tolerantly inclusive of them. :)

this is what you said ...

barack "I never met a muslim I didn't like" obama

Because you don't recognize the bigotry of that remark I pity you, as I would the village idiot.

• TheCid and film lover 293 like this

#8 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,106 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM

I shouldn't be bigoted against head-chopping psychopaths who denigrate islam by identifying themselves as muslims?

problem is jihad is a muslim word meaning holy war and not all jihadist berserkers are engaged in holy war just murderous carnage.

It's this rear view mirror thinking that got us into this Donald Trump mess to begin with.

This white only mentality went out with the 60's.

You can learn from the past if you study Hitler's Holocaust, but I don't think any of us want to go back and live there.

#9 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:10 PM

This is a very bigoted post.  Are all trump supporters bigots or just the one's that post here?

#10 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Saw a political cartoon:  Typical Trump voter standing in front of his dilapidated house with old pick-up on blocks.  Wearing tee shirt: "I voted for Trump and All I Got was this Lousy Hat."

• film lover 293 likes this

#11 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

This is a very bigoted post.  Are all trump supporters bigots or just the one's that post here?

ALL!

#12 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

And it seems like I read a couple weeks ago that JCPenney is closing stores all over the country.

Just read where Payless Shoes is considering bankruptcy.

These are the places where Trump's voters shop.  Of course, not where he or his family or his staff or his appointees shop.

#13 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

so you see, trump doubters. donny is completely right about the isis islamo-berserker threat...always was. 

this is the problem.

barack "I never met a muslim I didn't like" obama and hillary clinton along with the rest of modern progressivism wanna spin a great yarn of touchy-feely sesame streetism. all we hafta do is be friendly and we'll get it right back. problem is such rationale belongs more to the thinking of pre-school children rather than the modern adult human being but progressivism has had this bug up their kazoos for a century or more going back to bleeps like friedrich nietzsche and freud.
modern european intellectual rationalism forever at war with the apparent and common sense. you can't kiss up to berserker fanatics. you must destroy them for all our sakes.

the rational conservative has always understood this.

• TheCid likes this

#14 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 AM

Good move, Nunes. Go run and tell Daddy Trump.

I have doubts about the cookies of the mainstream news media. they're gonna rah-rah the democrats into trying impeachment...to what effect?

a congressional censure?

that would just crush Donny. :lol:

#15 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,245 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 AM

Schiff is a bleeping phony. he's like obama feigning bipartisan objectivity.

Good move, Nunes. Go run and tell Daddy Trump.

• TheCid likes this

#16 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 AM

so you see, trump doubters. donny is completely right about the isis islamo-berserker threat...always was. 

this is the problem.

barack "I never met a muslim I didn't like" obama and hillary clinton along with the rest of modern progressivism wanna spin a great yarn of touchy-feely sesame streetism. all we hafta do is be friendly and we'll get it right back. problem is such rationale belongs more to the thinking of pre-school children rather than the modern adult human being but progressivism has had this bug up their kazoos for a century or more going back to bleeps like friedrich nietzsche and freud.
modern european intellectual rationalism forever at war with the apparent and common sense. you can't kiss up to berserker fanatics. you must destroy them for all our sakes.

the rational conservative has always understood this.

#17 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:29 AM

They must move to have an independent investigation in tandem with the FBI probe.  Nunes is just a Trump stooge and he is chairman of the investigation?  From the article...

Tensions grew among members of the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday, after the panel’s chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) announced that he had seen evidence that the intelligence community incidentally collected information on Trump transition team members as part of routine surveillance of foreign targets.

Without discussing the matter with the Intelligence Committee, Nunes went to the White House to brief Trump on the information, sparking fury among committee Democrats. Ranking Member Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) slammed Nunes’s decision, accusing him of routing the panel and muddying the investigation.

"The Chairman also shared this information with the White House before providing it to the committee, another profound irregularity, given that the matter is currently under investigation,” Schiff said in a statement on Wednesday.

“I have expressed my grave concerns with the Chairman that a credible investigation cannot be conducted this way."

Schiff is a bleeping phony. he's like obama feigning bipartisan objectivity.

• JakeHolman likes this

#18 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 AM

FBI has info suggesting coordination between Trump aides, Russia: report

The FBI has information suggesting that associates of President Trump may have worked with Russian operatives to release information aimed at hurting former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's campaign, CNN reported Wednesday, citing U.S. officials.

FBI Director James Comey on Monday revealed that his agency is investigating Trump and his aides' potential ties to Russia, as well as possible coordination with Moscow.

The revelation confirmed months-long speculation that Trump's aides were included in federal probes of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

http://www.msn.com/e...cid=mailsignout

They must move to have an independent investigation in tandem with the FBI probe.  Nunes is just a Trump stooge and he is chairman of the investigation?  From the article...

Tensions grew among members of the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday, after the panel’s chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) announced that he had seen evidence that the intelligence community incidentally collected information on Trump transition team members as part of routine surveillance of foreign targets.

Without discussing the matter with the Intelligence Committee, Nunes went to the White House to brief Trump on the information, sparking fury among committee Democrats. Ranking Member Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) slammed Nunes’s decision, accusing him of routing the panel and muddying the investigation.

"The Chairman also shared this information with the White House before providing it to the committee, another profound irregularity, given that the matter is currently under investigation,” Schiff said in a statement on Wednesday.

“I have expressed my grave concerns with the Chairman that a credible investigation cannot be conducted this way."

• mr6666 and TheCid like this

#19 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,942 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:00 AM

FBI has info suggesting coordination between Trump aides, Russia: report

The FBI has information suggesting that associates of President Trump may have worked with Russian operatives to release information aimed at hurting former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's campaign, CNN reported Wednesday, citing U.S. officials.

FBI Director James Comey on Monday revealed that his agency is investigating Trump and his aides' potential ties to Russia, as well as possible coordination with Moscow.

The revelation confirmed months-long speculation that Trump's aides were included in federal probes of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

http://www.msn.com/e...cid=mailsignout

• mr6666, TheCid and Bogie56 like this

#20 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Sears and Kmart in serious trouble. Only one of many retailers that are in trouble.
What is Trump doing about loss of jobs, low income, scant benefits, etc. in retail industry? NOTHING.
This is where most workers are employed and where the middle class often becomes the middle class.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/03/22/kmart-sears-face-substantial-doubt-about-finances-as-losses-grow/?utm_term=.d1356d4a4875&wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users