We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
4748 replies to this topic

#21 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,901 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

Ivanka Trump awarded 3 China trademarks on the same day she dined with Chinese president-

"President Donald Trump’s daughter won provisional approval for three trademarks in China on the same day that she had dinner with China’s president.

The Associated Press, via the Boston Globe, reports that earlier this month, “Ivanka Trump’s company won provisional approval from the Chinese government for three new trademarks, giving it monopoly rights to sell Ivanka brand jewelry, bags and spa services in the world’s second-largest economy.”...

https://www.bostongl...jGuIqqTjI/story.

-thanks, Daddy <_<

• TheCid and Bogie56 like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#22 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

"clickety clickety click, I can see it perkin' " -Humph Bogart, the desperate hours

now here's whatz gonna happen tonite in georgia...nuthin'! :lol:

this scrawny lookin' guy that the dems think is gonna pull an upset. he looks kinda like anthony weiner. :lol:

this is all because there ain't no way that the dems can stay glued together under trump for even 2 years. so ALREADY they're jumping the gun.

the desperate stupes. :lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#23 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

Trump has spent 20% of his time in Palm Beach, FL not counting travel time,  so far.  Much of it playing golf.

From the guy who said he wouldn't leave his chair in the White House and would not play golf.

Amateurs in control of government.

• Bogie56 and film lover 293 like this

#24 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

I don't believe ANYTHING he says. If he said it was raining, I'd look outside to make sure.

It hurts to say this, but we actually need MORE people like Trump's supporters.  I mean, once they buy up all that SWAMPLAND the rest of us have more sense not to, then maybe they'll develop it and THEN there's where some "job creation" will come from!  :)

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#25 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

that's why I packed 'em. cagney's captain is a good guy. :D

in the real world after throwing the captain's palm tree overboard for a 2nd time, the captain woulda had pulver for dinner and then punished him. :lol:

and I'll tell ya something else I've never bought...

the idea that pulver is so moved by Roberts death that he woulda stood up to the captain about anything. sentimental gup that I attribute to LeRoy and not Ford.

#26 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

The Captain in Mr. Roberts was petty, paranoid and suffered from an inferiority complex.

Good pick for identification purposes, Nip, and so very appropriate!

that's why I packed 'em. cagney's captain is a good guy. :D

in the real world after throwing the captain's palm tree overboard for a 2nd time, the captain woulda had pulver for dinner and then punished him. :lol:

#27 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,501 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

Go to the Washington Post for this story ...

The Plum Line •  Opinion This brutal new poll shows that fewer and fewer people believe Trump’s lies Lies, lies and more lies. And Americans know it. By Greg Sargent  •  Read more »

I don't believe ANYTHING he says. If he said it was raining, I'd look outside to make sure.

• mr6666, TheCid and film lover 293 like this

#28 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

that democrats and the msm just doan wanna get it. it's like this. it's kinda like the captain telling off mister roberts...

The Captain in Mr. Roberts was petty, paranoid and suffered from an inferiority complex.

Good pick for identification purposes, Nip, and so very appropriate!

• mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#29 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,875 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:27 AM

Go to the Washington Post for this story ...

The Plum Line •  Opinion This brutal new poll shows that fewer and fewer people believe Trump’s lies Lies, lies and more lies. And Americans know it. By Greg Sargent  •  Read more »

#30 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

that democrats and the msm just doan wanna get it. it's like this. it's kinda like the captain telling off mister roberts...

"you're smart boys, you democrats, but we know how to take care of smart boys. we hate you're guts, you smart college progressives. we've been seeing your kind ever since we were 10 years old. then later when we came of age. scofflaws and scalawags screaming in the streets about your rights and blocking traffic. we took it!...we took for years but we doan hafta take it anymore!
there was just an election...and donald trump won! and now you all can take it for a change.
the worst thing we can do to all of you is ignore the negative hysteria against trump and keep 'em in office...and the oval office is where he's gonna stay...
now, get out!"
:D

#31 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

even mow amid these early days, donald trump has already easily eclipsed the laughably pathetic weakness of his predecessor obama....

The courage, steadfastness and power of Trump

#32 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

and he did not...and still he was elected. :D

the mainstream new media just becomes all unraveled when the ignorant masses (us) divulge from their view of everything.

their job is to report the news to us and not substitute their thinking for us.

the integrity-less journalistic objectivity violating schtootzes! donny won't release his tax returns boo-hoo-hoo. :lol:

it's kinda like what jeff corey tried to tell newman and redford in butch cassidy and the sundance kid...

"don't you two get it?....it's over!"

#33 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Is it possible that these tax returns have something to do with his alleged links to the Russian underworld and/or the Russian government?

and he did not...and still he was elected. :D

the mainstream new media just becomes all unraveled when the ignorant masses (us) divulge from their view of everything.

their job is to report the news to us and not substitute their thinking for us.

the integrity-less journalistic objectivity violating schtootzes! donny won't release his tax returns boo-hoo-hoo. :lol:

#34 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

Activists to Use Tax Day to Tell Trump: Show Us Your Returns-

"Democratic lawmakers and activists plan to hit the streets Saturday at Tax Day protests around the country and demand President Donald Trump release his tax returns.

Organizers hope the protests — dubbed the Tax March — will resonate with Americans who think the president should release his returns, as his recent predecessors have done. Rallies are scheduled in nearly 150 cities, including Washington, New York, Boston and San Francisco. Activists in West Palm Beach, Florida, will hold the "March a Lago" near the resort where Trump plans to spend the Easter weekend.

http://www.nbcchicag...FlowTwt_CHBrand

TrumpTaxes.png?1473364143

"On a waterfront patch facing Mr. Trump’s resort, where he is spending the weekend, demonstrators chanted “Pay! Your! Taxes!” and held signs calling him “Chicken in Chief” — the chicken being a symbol at the rallies of how Mr. Trump was “scared” to follow decades of presidential practice in releasing the returns.

“This is the closest we have come to making sure he sees us and hears us,” said Debbie Wehking, 66, a school principal from Miami. “He needs to show us his tax returns so that we can tell who’s influencing his decisions, who he owes money to, who he’s doing business with — really so we can figure out whether he needs to be impeached.”....

https://www.nytimes....itics&smtyp=cur

Is it possible that these tax returns have something to do with his alleged links to the Russian underworld and/or the Russian government?

#35 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

I disagree.   Out of respect to Russia which voluntarily granted what were former 'states' of the Soviet Union solvent nation status,  the West should have honored the commitment made to Russia at the time to not have any of these nations that border Russia join NATO.

It was hardly "voluntary" on Russia's part.  There were riots, demonstrations and protests in the "states."  As well as actions by the governments of those states calling for separation from Russia.

It was voluntary in that Russia saw it had no choice other than launching a major multi-front war it would lose.

As for the committment to not let former Soviet or Warsaw Pact nations join NATO, that may be a myth.  Apparently the only documented committment was that once and East and West Germany were reunitied, no NATO forces would be stationed in former East Germany.  No one conceived of the es-Soviet states wanting to join NATO.

http://www.nato.int/...ia/EN/index.htm

Regardless, Putin and his policies have shown that any agreement in the past was violated by him and current Russian government.  Therefore, the "new" NATO members are there because of the threat from Russia.  Current Russian government wants a return to the Russian Empires of the Czars and Stalin.

• Princess of Tap likes this

#36 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

I disagree.   Out of respect to Russia which voluntarily granted what were former 'states' of the Soviet Union solvent nation status,  the West should have honored the commitment made to Russia at the time to not have any of these nations that border Russia join NATO.

Pretty much a waste of energy talking to that increasingly useless old dog, james.

It just can't absorb any knowledge if there's any conflict with its owner's programming. Probably hasn't been able to experience any original critical thinking for about 40 years now. If ever.

I may live badly but at least I don't have to work to do it.

#37 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,447 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

now they're starting to play up kim jung ugg on cnn saying things like he's more unpredictable than trump and that "he is a force to be reckoned with"...

who the BLEEP'S side are they on??? we know that better than 95% of the american news television and print media are liberals but what the bleep is going on?

saying nice respectful things about the chubby little moe foe simply because they doan like trump. :angry:

but that's alright because we dam well know that when we cleaned hillary's clock on november 8th we cleaned theirs too! :D 

phonies.

they keep goin' on day after day hour after hour about trump not having any strategy about north korea or anything...

he has a strategy....

to avoid being the complete weakling sell-out schtootz obama was for eight years and that's a very good strategy. :) 

Right Jake?

:lol:

It is you that is being un-American;   The conflict with North Korea is serious and they are a threat to the USA,  but you care more about politics than your country.       But to be fair I'm seeing some of that from the Trump haters as well.

#38 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,447 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Talk about a brainwashed m o r o n.  That's you by the way.

I'm sure the people of all the countries on Russia's borders know it is a threat, Ukraine for one.

Why do you think so many countries formerly under Soviet control want to join NATO?  It is because Russia is a threat to them and their independence.  

The US and its allies have "military build-ups" and exercises in order to let Russia know it's aggressive attitudes and activities can be countered.

Russia also has military build-ups and exercises, as well as other activities that violate air or sea space of other countries or threaten them.

#39 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Horse ****. 

The U.S. and NATO threaten Russia. They are continually provoking Russia with military build-ups on its borders and Russia responds defensively.

Get your head outta your ***, brainwashee.

Talk about a brainwashed m o r o n.  That's you by the way.

I'm sure the people of all the countries on Russia's borders know it is a threat, Ukraine for one.

Why do you think so many countries formerly under Soviet control want to join NATO?  It is because Russia is a threat to them and their independence.  

The US and its allies have "military build-ups" and exercises in order to let Russia know it's aggressive attitudes and activities can be countered.

Russia also has military build-ups and exercises, as well as other activities that violate air or sea space of other countries or threaten them.

• Sepiatone, film lover 293 and Princess of Tap like this

#40 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

They are more ecologically friendly. 

:lol: