We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
4455 replies to this topic

#21 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

Sears and Kmart in serious trouble.  Only one of many retailers that are in trouble.

What is Trump doing about loss of jobs, low income, scant benefits, etc. in retail industry?  NOTHING.

This is where most workers are employed and where the middle class often becomes the middle class.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/03/22/kmart-sears-face-substantial-doubt-about-finances-as-losses-grow/?utm_term=.d1356d4a4875&wpisrc=nl_evening&wpmm=1

• Bogie56 likes this

#22 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

Secret Service has requested an EXTRA $60,000,000 per year just to cover the Trump family.

Why can't Mr. super-billonaire cover his own costs?  Let taxpayers pay for Washington and official business for Trump.  He pays for his children, his wife and kid staying in NYC and his many, many trips out of town.

• mr6666, Bogie56 and film lover 293 like this

#23 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,226 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

yeah, you're right. king is better than masterton but masterton was a lot less long-winded than king. it took me like three weeks to read IT.

good one!

beep-beep, richie.

I may live badly but at least I don't have to work to do it.

#24 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,245 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

And for that the taxpayers are laying out $3 million a pop for his weekly golf rounds.  But don't worry.  He'll make that up by cutting programs for the poor.  What a bunch of hypocrites.

Maybe he'll have golf instruction programs for the poor.

#25 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,724 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

And for that the taxpayers are laying out $3 million a pop for his weekly golf rounds.  But don't worry.  He'll make that up by cutting programs for the poor.  What a bunch of hypocrites.

PRESIDENT TRUMP!...

THE MAN!

THE STRENGTH!

THE CONVICTION!

HE IS OUR CHOSEN ENGINE OF RETRIBUTION FOR DECADES OF BEING LIED TO AND JERKED AROUND BY THE AFFLUENT THEMSELVES WASHINGTON POLITICIANS.

GIVE 'EM HELL THAT THEY'RE NEVER A GONNA BE A FORGETTIN'.

DONNY TRUMP, YOU MAGNIFICENT SONAFAGUN!

2m674us.jpg

Like DUMP isnt lying and jerking people around????  He's magnificent alright. A magnificent pile of steaming DUMP!

• mr6666, TheCid, Bogie56 and 2 others like this

#26 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

HE IS OUR CHOSEN ENGINE OF RETRIBUTION FOR DECADES OF BEING LIED TO AND JERKED AROUND BY THE AFFLUENT THEMSELVES WASHINGTON POLITICIANS.

• mr6666 and film lover 293 like this

#27 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

I've read 15 or so of Graham Masterton's books, but I never read Pariah. I had the paperback for awhile, but it got destroyed along with a lot of other books. I enjoyed Masterton's books for the most part, especially those that focused on the various demons and monsters from other cultures. His biggest hit was probably The Manitou. He still writes, but it seems he's just doing standard mysteries now. But I don't think I'd say he was better than King, and I'm not even a big Stephen King fan. I liked Robert McCammon, as far as mainstream horror goes.

yeah, you're right. king is better than masterton but masterton was a lot less long-winded than king. it took me like three weeks to read IT. King is that kinda writer who hasda give you the life histories of his characters before gettin' to the story but masterton entertains and intrigues along the way a lot more than king if you ask me.

my all-time masterton favorite is Charnel House. :)

also liked Plague a lot.

• LawrenceA likes this

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#28 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

PRESIDENT TRUMP!...

THE MAN!

THE STRENGTH!

THE CONVICTION!

GIVE 'EM HELL THAT THEY'RE NEVER A GONNA BE A FORGETTIN'.

DONNY TRUMP, YOU MAGNIFICENT SONAFAGUN!

2m674us.jpg

#29 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,245 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Gowdy represents the district next to mine.  I used to work in that district and still visit people there quite often.  Gowdy is a typical extreme right wing politician who hates Obama, the Clintons and any Democrat.  Unfortunately, my representative is more extreme than Gowdy.

Not to mention Gowdy is the only person in DC with a worse haircut that Trump.

Gowdy and Trump became close friends at the weekly meetings of the Bad Haircut Club.

• TheCid and film lover 293 like this

#30 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,226 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Hmm - I figured Olbermann would be in a strait-jacket by now.

Still got a job, huh?

• NipkowDisc likes this

I may live badly but at least I don't have to work to do it.

#31 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

#32 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,247 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

I once read a horror paperback called 'Pariah' written by Graham Masterton who was much better than stephen king. :)

I've read 15 or so of Graham Masterton's books, but I never read Pariah. I had the paperback for awhile, but it got destroyed along with a lot of other books. I enjoyed Masterton's books for the most part, especially those that focused on the various demons and monsters from other cultures. His biggest hit was probably The Manitou. He still writes, but it seems he's just doing standard mysteries now. But I don't think I'd say he was better than King, and I'm not even a big Stephen King fan. I liked Robert McCammon, as far as mainstream horror goes.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#33 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

'How to Make America a Pariah Again'

Watch the tourism numbers drop off a cliff to Trump's America.

I once read a horror paperback called 'Pariah' written by Graham Masterton who was much better than stephen king. :)

#34 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,519 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

'How to Make America a Pariah Again'

Watch the tourism numbers drop off a cliff to Trump's America.

#35 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Oh man, it's not Joe Wilson, is it?

"You lie!"

No, Wilson is south of me.  His brother is the Atty. Gen. for the state.

My Rep. is Jeff Duncan, a founding member of the Freedom Caucus and very early supporter of Trump.

#36 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,247 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Gowdy represents the district next to mine.  I used to work in that district and still visit people there quite often.  Gowdy is a typical extreme right wing politician who hates Obama, the Clintons and any Democrat.  Unfortunately, my representative is more extreme than Gowdy.

Oh man, it's not Joe Wilson, is it?

"You lie!"

#37 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,724 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

I sure wish they will get to the conclusion before Trump is re-elected to a second term. Pay these guys as much overtime as is needed,

At least by 2018! :D

#38 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

A truly pathetic performance at the hearings by S.C. Congressman Gowdy. Whether there was collusion with the Russians is irrelevant. What matters is the leaks. Is he for real?

#39 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,245 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

When they started investigating Watergate, it took them a long time to get to the conclusion. This Investigation has just started and there's just no telling where it will end. It's much it's much too soon to assume anyone's guilt or innocence.

I can remember when they arrested Haldeman and Ehrlichman and put them in jail. Everybody thought that would be the end of it, but it just kept on going-- right to the top.

I sure wish they will get to the conclusion before Trump is re-elected to a second term. Pay these guys as much overtime as is needed,

• NipkowDisc likes this

#40 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,764 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

A truly pathetic performance at the hearings by S.C. Congressman Gowdy. Whether there was collusion with the Russians is irrelevant. What matters is the leaks. Is he for real?

Anybody who is familiar with Gowdy's past

performances would not be surprised with

this one.

• TheCid and LawrenceA like this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users