We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
6713 replies to this topic

#4401 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,000 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

I notice you keep posting this with your messages. Does this mean that you admit that the Trump revolution lives outside of reality? I mean, you are saying that reality is greater than the Trump revolution.

LOL!!!

• TheCid likes this

#4402 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,983 posts
  • LocationBreathin' Down Your Neck!

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

REALITY > THE TRUMP REVOLUTION 

I notice you keep posting this with your messages. Does this mean that you admit that the Trump revolution lives outside of reality? I mean, you are saying that reality is greater than the Trump revolution.

• mr6666, TheCid and TomJH like this

#4403 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Yes,  clearly only fools (like 2 at this forum),  took Trump literally.   Man did he play those fools.

But at the end of the day,  the US does need better southern border security so funds to need to be allocated for this.

I believe we should tax money sent from the USA to Mexico (around 55 billion a year),  at around a 10% rate.   But one can't say that is really a tax for building a wall.    That is a tax on Mexican illegal immigrants in the USA that should be spending more of that 55 billion in the USA. 

How on earth do you tax that?

#4404 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

That's not what he campaigned on ... believe me.  Just more political HS.

Yes,  clearly only fools (like 2 at this forum),  took Trump literally.   Man did he play those fools.

But at the end of the day,  the US does need better southern border security so funds to need to be allocated for this.

I believe we should tax money sent from the USA to Mexico (around 55 billion a year),  at around a 10% rate.   But one can't say that is really a tax for building a wall.    That is a tax on Mexican illegal immigrants in the USA that should be spending more of that 55 billion in the USA. 

#4405 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

“The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!” he wrote on Twitter.

I love how he tosses around the word 'dishonest.'  He tweeted this HS while watching CNN this morning as they were pointing out that at no time during the campaign did he say Americans would pay now then Mexico might pay later.  

#4406 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

CoV8077b_bigger.jpg
]James Woods ‏@RealJamesWoods 9h9 hours ago
The Obama era is over. His sad legacy will be #CashForClunkers and #TransexualToilets. A smudge in the history books
proxy.jpg?t=HBhIaHR0cDovLzEwMHBlcmNlbnRm

01-20-2017

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. Exodus 33:23

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#4407 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,000 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, right. LMREO.

#4408 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Donald Trump: Mexico Will Pay for Wall Later

“The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!” he wrote on Twitter.

BREITBART >  http://www.breitbart...pay-wall-later/

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. Exodus 33:23

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#4409 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

US has moved an armored brigade combat team into Eastern Europe to bolster NATO deterrent against possible Russian threat.

#4410 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Trump on border wall: Mexico will pay us back

That's not what he campaigned on ... believe me.  Just more political HS.

#4411 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

NY Times:  Trump acknowledges that Mexico will not pay for border wall.

It will add $BILLIONS to the US deficit. To be added to the $TRILLIONS to be added for other Trump/GOP promises.

#4412 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,417 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:01 PM

Trump on border wall: Mexico will pay us back

WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump on Friday tweeted that Mexico will reimburse American taxpayers for a new border wall and that U.S. money spent will be for the "sake of speed."

His tweet came as congressional Republicans and his top aides consider a plan to ask Congress to ensure money is available in U.S. coffers for the wall without passing any new legislation. Instead, they would rely on existing law that already authorizes fencing and other technology along the southern border.

The potential approach was disclosed Thursday by two congressional officials and a senior transition official with knowledge of the discussions; all spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

AP >> http://bigstory.ap.o...d53c215fdb44438

01-20-2017

John Wayne

#4413 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

The Freedom Caucus (TEA Party) of US House is prepared to create a $1 TRILLION deficit just to get rid of the Affordable Care Act.

Add this to the TRILLION dollar deficit for the tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations.

Add this to the TRILLION dollar deficit for the increased infrastructure promised by Trump.

Add this to the TRILLION dollar deficit for the increased military spending promised by Trump.

FOUR TRILLION added to the deficit and Trump is not even in office yet.

Doesn't bother Trump. He's used to filing for bankruptcy.

#4414 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

The Freedom Caucus (TEA Party) of US House is prepared to create a $1 TRILLION deficit just to get rid of the Affordable Care Act.

Add this to the TRILLION dollar deficit for the tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations.

Add this to the TRILLION dollar deficit for the increased infrastructure promised by Trump.

Add this to the TRILLION dollar deficit for the increased military spending promised by Trump.

FOUR TRILLION added to the deficit and Trump is not even in office yet.

Not to mention the BILLIONS that US taxpayers will pay to build "The Wall."

#4415 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Low paying service jobs are the next on the chopping block in the pursuit of corporate profits.   Everything is moving toward self-serve. They are getting rid of bank tellers in England.  And all those dollar products that are currently made in Chi-Na ... are poor Americans willing to pay twenty times what they do now so they can be manufactured at home?

It's all HS designed to get votes and keep people in debt.  Meanwhile Trump clothing is still made in Chi-Na and he still buys Chinese steel.

In the situation with retail stores in US, it is about online shopping vs. brick and mortar stores.  There is some degree of automation/self-serve, but that is not the main issue where retail is concerned.  Some companies don't even permit you to let the store order some things for you anymore.  They have to be ordered (and paid for) online and can then be delivered to the store or your home.

One of the controversies is that online companies do not have to collect state and local sales taxes unless they have a physical retail store in the state.  Congress has refused to correct this discriminatory practice.  

#4416 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

More troubling is the thousands of jobs being lost in the retail industry.  Sears, Kmart, Macy's, etc. are closing stores and laying off people in many, many locations.  What is Trump doing about that?  This is a harbinger of more to come as online sales displace retail stores.  What is Trump going to do about it?   Most of the laid off workers are people who probably voted for Trump.

Low paying service jobs are the next on the chopping block in the pursuit of corporate profits.   Everything is moving toward self-serve. They are getting rid of bank tellers in England.  And all those dollar products that are currently made in Chi-Na ... are poor Americans willing to pay twenty times what they do now so they can be manufactured at home?

It's all HS designed to get votes and keep people in debt.  Meanwhile Trump clothing is still made in Chi-Na and he still buys Chinese steel.

#4417 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

it's all about garnering the biggest electoral vote tally which trump did a better job at..

so we doan care about trump's failures and lies? to what degree? that we shoulda voted for hillary or stayed home?

I doan know. donny will either be a nightmare, mediocre or the best dam potus anyone's ever seen. :)

"it looks frozen!"

"we're going to find out."  -when worlds collide

:)

If Hillary had  gotten a total of 35,000 or so more votes in Philadelphia, Detroit, and Milwaukee, she would have won.

#4418 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Trump has now attacked Toyota for building its new plant to make Corollas in Mexico.  Of course, he got the location wrong.  Toyota says they will continue building the plant.

Incidentally, Toyota is moving its American HQ from KY to TX.  So will Ted Cruz and the rest of the Texas Republicans support Trump on their own state's best interest?

Who is next?  When will he impose an import tax on vehicles made in CANADA?

One interesting aspect is that Trump will find his staunchest Southern supporters and Southern Republican allies having to choose between the massive automobile manufacturers in their states and Trump's bufoonery.

Also, the jobs he saved by forcing Ford to cancel it's new plant in Mexico?  There are no jobs being saved or added. Ford just decided to not build more Focus cars as the market has dried up.  So the plant is not needed.

More troubling is the thousands of jobs being lost in the retail industry.  Sears, Kmart, Macy's, etc. are closing stores and laying off people in many, many locations.  What is Trump doing about that?  This is a harbinger of more to come as online sales displace retail stores.  What is Trump going to do about it?   Most of the laid off workers are people who probably voted for Trump.

#4419 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:56 AM

it's all about garnering the biggest electoral vote tally which trump did a better job at..

Your point was that it wasn't Trump's fault that he got 3 million less votes than Clinton.  Sounds like a convenient truth.  Go back and read it.

I responded that it was his failing.

#4420 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

it's Kellyanne, just one word. :P  :lol:

I guess that makes my point invalid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic