We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
5871 replies to this topic

#4401 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

after almost a month the triumph of Donald Trump is still sweet.

:) 

HEE HEE

• NipkowDisc likes this

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#4402 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

Indiana: The deplorables are beginning to learn that Trump is not on their side.

• TheCid likes this

#4403 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:48 PM

trump16_zps6nhasqmf.jpg

Time magazine had to make a correction.

• TheCid, NipkowDisc, LawrenceA and 1 other like this

#4404 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:55 PM

Trump's EPA Pick Spooks Liberals and the Environmental Lobby

Pruitt, 48, is a sharp critic of President Obama's "exceeding" of federal law in environmental and other cases. "He's kept his promise that Washington knows best," Pruitt told me in 2013. But Obama's executive orders are "not consistent with our Constitution and our rule of law."

THE WEEKLY STANDARD >> http://www.weeklysta...article/2005733

b32e7001078a5ffd31387934fd803f39.gif

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#4405 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,548 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

US Steel wants to accelerate investments, bring back jobs, CEO says

"I'd be more than happy to bring back the employees we've been forced to lay off during that depressive period," he said, which could be close to 10,000 jobs."

CNBC >> http://www.cnbc.com/...s-ceo-says.html

JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!...GOOD JOBS...JOBS!

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s

#4406 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,364 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

The guy's point was that Trump has no interest in the welfare of the USA. Only the welfare of Donald Trump matters.

A good comment is worth repeating.
  • TheCid likes this

#4407 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,254 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

Does Trump really "court" others.

Seems like he just boasts.

I think he may well be over-compensating for an inferiority complex.

He makes it clear that he wants to be praised and minions and/or anyone who wants to get on his good side will do it. He fishes for them and gets a lot of bites. Just like any dictator type.

Your last sentence is what I said, just a different way of saying it.

#4408 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

It appears that the Trump administration will have more generals and admirals running the country than some military dictatorships.

And no NIp, I don't hate the military or generals and admirals.  Just have strong belief in civilian control of government.  Also a lot of experience with military officers and how they are trained and developed and how they exercise authority.

• mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#4409 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

because putin grabbed crimea for more than any other reason the inherent weakness he so easily perceived in president barack "more flexibility" obama.

obama canceling that european missile defense sheld didn't exactly help either.

of course he grabbed the crimea. he never saw a better opportunity. :lol:

as far as taiwan, they happen to like their liberty. 

maybe you have a problem with that, TheCid. :)

a tiny island like taiwan loving liberty.

how dare they?

You missed the point.  It is the principle.  Has nothing to do with Obama, removal of a "defense shield," opportunity or liberty.  I'm sure the people of Crimea like their liberty also.

The question is how can Trump say it is OK for Russia to do it, but threaten US lives and world peace if the Chinese do the same thing?

#4410 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,931 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

If you have to court others to constantly praise you, you have no self-esteem.

Does Trump really "court" others.

Seems like he just boasts.

I think he may well be over-compensating for an inferiority complex.

A guy once told a chick he didn't agree with her and that's why feminism is needed - he shouldn't be allowed to do that.

#4411 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,254 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

now all of a sudden liberals are against self-esteem. :lol:

If you have to court others to constantly praise you, you have no self-esteem.

#4412 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:03 PM

The guy's point was that Trump has no interest in the welfare of the USA. Only the welfare of Donald Trump matters.

• TheCid likes this

#4413 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

A guy that has covered Trump for years told Chris Matthews last night that Trump is interested in only one thing, the glorification of his massive ego. This guy must have seen the "Seinfeld" episode in which George Costanza said that to George Steinbrenner.

• NipkowDisc likes this

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#4414 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

trump3_zpskxn7p860.jpg

A guy that has covered Trump for years told Chris Matthews last night that Trump is interested in only one thing, the glorification of his massive ego. This guy must have seen the "Seinfeld" episode in which George Costanza said that to George Steinbrenner.

#4415 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

If Trump believes that Russia has a right to Crimea, why can't China have a right to Taiwan?

because putin grabbed crimea for more than any other reason the inherent weakness he so easily perceived in president barack "more flexibility" obama.

obama canceling that european missile defense sheld didn't exactly help either.

of course he grabbed the crimea. he never saw a better opportunity. :lol:

as far as taiwan, they happen to like their liberty. 

maybe you have a problem with that, TheCid. :)

a tiny island like taiwan loving liberty.

how dare they?

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#4416 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,931 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

If Trump believes that Russia has a right to Crimea, why can't China have a right to Taiwan?

I doubt that Trump really believes in "rights".

I think the philosophy for him is "might is right".

So, if China has the might to take and keep Taiwan, then - in his philosophy - it has the right. Just as Russia has the right to take and keep Crimea - it has the might to do it.

This has always been the way of the world throughout history. America should belong to the first nations peoples - but it doesn't because the Europeans had the might to take it for themselves.

A guy once told a chick he didn't agree with her and that's why feminism is needed - he shouldn't be allowed to do that.

#4417 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

#4418 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

trump7_zpsjd7d5kxq.jpg

close enough

• NipkowDisc likes this

#4419 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc