We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
4748 replies to this topic

#41 SansFin

SansFin

U. S. Citizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Oh and what a threat Russia is, they still use propeller driven bombers. :lol:

They are more ecologically friendly. 

• darkblue and NipkowDisc like this

My Avatar: Little girl ghost from "義足のMoses"

Russian nesting dolls are full of themselves.

#42 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

Horse ****. 

The U.S. and NATO threaten Russia. They are continually provoking Russia with military build-ups on its borders and Russia responds defensively.

Get your head outta your ***, brainwashee.

The military industrial complex miss the Cold War.  Let's keep rattling the bear cage.

Oh and what a threat Russia is, they still use propeller driven bombers. :lol:

russia-tu-95-bear-bomber-flights-over-am

• darkblue likes this

#43 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

now they're starting to play up kim jung ugg on cnn saying things like he's more unpredictable than trump and that "he is a force to be reckoned with"...

who the BLEEP'S side are they on??? we know that better than 95% of the american news television and print media are liberals but what the bleep is going on?

saying nice respectful things about the chubby little moe foe simply because they doan like trump. :angry:

but that's alright because we dam well know that when we cleaned hillary's clock on november 8th we cleaned theirs too! :D 

phonies.

they keep goin' on day after day hour after hour about trump not having any strategy about north korea or anything...

he has a strategy....

to avoid being the complete weakling sell-out schtootz obama was for eight years and that's a very good strategy. :) 

Right Jake?

:lol:

• JakeHolman and NipkowDisc like this

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#44 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

I watch Pravda-RT for jokes and to hear some of their warped adversarial strategy.

Putin developed it as a brainwashing tool against the West, and apparently sometimes it is successful.

Apparently he taught Hillary everything she knows about it (and used almost successfully) in return for all that Uranium she directed to him.

Luckily for U.S. citizens overall, Hillary is a supreme ****-up as a politician. Even brainwashing has its limits when someone's as stinky as that ****.

• NipkowDisc likes this

I may live badly but at least I don't have to work to do it.

#45 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

I watch Pravda-RT for jokes and to hear some of their warped adversarial strategy.

Putin developed it as a brainwashing tool against the West, and apparently sometimes it is successful.

#46 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

Since Hillary has lost the election, nobody can state with any authority or semblance of intelligence what anybody would be saying about anything.

I can.

It's a gift.

#47 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

Probably because Russia isn't an enemy country. Communism there fell 30 years ago and the cold war ended.

If Hillary hadn't lost the election, her sycophants wouldn't be making up all this "communist Russia is back and is our enemy again" horse****.

I understand how difficult it must be for people to come to terms with Trump supporters having more smarts than glassy-eyed Clintonites now. But that's how the neo-liberal cookie has crumbled.

Since Hillary HAS lost the election, nobody can state with any authority or semblance of intelligence WHAT anybody would be saying about ANYTHING.

Only sure thing is that she would be "handling" the whole Russia "issue" differently. IF indeed Russia BECAME an issue.  But HOW differently, nobody can say for sure.  It's like how all those dimwtted DUBYA freaks thought for sure THEY knew just what AL GORE would have or not have done after 9/11.  We'll NEVER know that. 

And I don't really recall ANY Trump supporters ever displaying ANY "smarts".  I also don't notice many of his detractors displaying any either.

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#48 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

Wrong.  Russia is an enemy country just as much as it was under Communisim.  It is a threat to eastern and western Europe

Horse ****. 

The U.S. and NATO threaten Russia. They are continually provoking Russia with military build-ups on its borders and Russia responds defensively.

Get your head outta your ***, brainwashee.

• hamradio likes this

#49 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

Probably because Russia isn't an enemy country. Communism there fell 30 years ago and the cold war ended.

Wrong.  Russia is an enemy country just as much as it was under Communisim.  It is a threat to eastern and western Europe, the Middle East and probably Asia and therefore not in the best interest of the US.

More importantly, it is a corrupt oligarchy run by a dictator.

Their willingness and ability to interfere and probably throw the presidential election is proof of their "enemy" status.

• mr6666 likes this

#50 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

At this point, I don't know what good his taxes would do anyway. His supporters .......have openly said that collusion with Russia or the Russian government, or any other government for that matter, is not a problem for them. 

If Hillary hadn't lost the election, her sycophants wouldn't be making up all this "communist Russia is back and is our enemy again" horse****.

I understand how difficult it must be for people to come to terms with Trump supporters having more smarts than glassy-eyed Clintonites now. But that's how the neo-liberal cookie has crumbled.

#51 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,901 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

"The election of President Trump has provoked elation, outrage and self-reflection among Americans across the political spectrum. For some, it has even prompted something more drastic: a career change.

In the last few months, professionals across the country have decided to leave conventional jobs and get involved in politics or activism.

“It feels like we are in this existential crisis of democracy,” said Matt Ewing, who abandoned a career at SolarCity to join Swing Left, a group hoping to get out the vote in competitive congressional districts in 2018. “Going back to work in my comfortable corporate job didn’t make sense anymore.”

Here are a half-dozen Americans — Republicans and Democrats — describing how the election has changed the arc of their careers....

https://www.nytimes....times&smtyp=cur

• LawrenceA and Princess of Tap like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#52 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Grump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,690 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

I don't have apathy...cynicism and pessimism, yes, but I still show up to vote every time, and I vote for who and what I think will be best for America and the greatest number of Americans, and not out of self-interest.  

I still don't think Trump's tax revelations would accomplish much, although it would be nice for them to be made public if for no other reason than the debate to be put to rest. As I alluded to in my previous post, it is not possible for me to think less of Trump than I already do. Maybe some more of his supporters would become disillusioned, who knows. 

The left needs good candidates and voter turnout. I haven't heard much about either, so far. Voting booths aren't as exciting as protest marches, and there are plenty of millenials who think tweeting the appropriate hashtag is all that's needed politically. Louis CK isn't a millenial, but this sketch hits the same point.   

• mr6666 and Bogie56 like this

#53 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Yup.....& that's just what he's counting on-cynicism and apathy
-_-

I think the opposite is happening. People all over America are starting to organize and getting to know their neighbors in order to decide their own fate. This is particularly true of the millennials. The future belongs to them and if they want a democratic country, they'll have to fight for it-- just like preceeding generations of Americans.

Grassroot organization starts with these numerous marches and protests in public that we have seen since the election. They are the first step in organizing electoral power at the polls and protecting the people's interests-- not only on the national scene, but also on the local and regional levels.

As Americans organize, they may find out they have a lot more in common than they thought previously as they fight to uphold their constitutional democracy.
  • mr6666 likes this

#54 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,901 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

At this point, I don't know what good his taxes would do anyway. His supporters have shown time and again that they do not care what Trump does, what "crimes or misdemeanors" he may have committed. They have openly said that collusion with Russia or the Russian government, or any other government for that matter, is not a problem for them. If he's not worth as much as he claims, that will endear him more to his base. If he uses every loophole and tax dodge in the book, he will be applauded for being an astute businessman. It will make the left dislike him more, but is it really possible to think less of Trump than most of his opponents already do? If there were some kind of actionable information contained in his returns, who would do something about it? Congress? Not likely. Look how well that's gone so far. And as for the middle-of-the-road, average American, they aren't paying any attention to this stuff one way or the other. They have Candy Crush and The Bachelor and weekend sports to occupy their time. Half of America doesn't even bother to vote anymore. And even with the half that does, many of them don't watch or read the news on any regular basis, beyond their Facebook feed. 

Yup.....& that's just what he's counting on-cynicism and apathy

-_-

• Princess of Tap likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#55 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Grump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,690 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

At this point, I don't know what good his taxes would do anyway. His supporters have shown time and again that they do not care what Trump does, what "crimes or misdemeanors" he may have committed. They have openly said that collusion with Russia or the Russian government, or any other government for that matter, is not a problem for them. If he's not worth as much as he claims, that will endear him more to his base. If he uses every loophole and tax dodge in the book, he will be applauded for being an astute businessman. It will make the left dislike him more, but is it really possible to think less of Trump than most of his opponents already do? If there were some kind of actionable information contained in his returns, who would do something about it? Congress? Not likely. Look how well that's gone so far. And as for the middle-of-the-road, average American, they aren't paying any attention to this stuff one way or the other. They have Candy Crush and The Bachelor and weekend sports to occupy their time. Half of America doesn't even bother to vote anymore. And even with the half that does, many of them don't watch or read the news on any regular basis, beyond their Facebook feed. 

#56 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

He did say he would release them.  Now that he has won what is he waiting for?

The sloooooooowest tax audit of all time.

Poor Donald. He so wants to release them, too. ;)

#57 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,875 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Ham, that's no problem - - I'm old enough to know and certainly well- educated enough to know very well that there's no law about requiring a presidential candidate or president to share his/her tax information with the public. LOL

What I was referring to is that whatever is in his tax returns--that he is hiding-- it will be up to the voter, i.e. every American, to evaluate whether or not he's broken any other kind of laws.

And as you well know, you can go by the letter of the law, but still break the spirit of the law or the spirit of fairness and decency.

He did say he would release them.  Now that he has won what is he waiting for?

#58 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

Problem....there is no law on what you seek (yet). Bill S.26 - Presidential Tax Transparency Act is still in Congress.

Ham, that's no problem - - I'm old enough to know and certainly well- educated enough to know very well that there's no law about requiring a presidential candidate or president to share his/her tax information with the public. LOL

What I was referring to is that whatever is in his tax returns--that he is hiding-- it will be up to the voter, i.e. every American, to evaluate whether or not he's broken any other kind of laws.

And as you well know, you can go by the letter of the law, but still break the spirit of the law or the spirit of fairness and decency.

#59 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

At huge cost to taxpayers, Trump and his entourage left Washington on Thursday so he could play golf at his resort on Friday.

#60 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

No one is above the law.

Problem....there is no law on what you seek (yet).  Bill S.26 - Presidential Tax Transparency Act is still in Congress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users