We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
5871 replies to this topic

#41 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:30 AM

here's the thing...obama knew about the russian interference yet he doesn't clue the public in. to a point I can understand his reluctance. he doan wanna be accused of trying to publically influence the election in favor of hillary. he doesn't wanna come off badly in the eyes of the people but he reasons hillary will probably win anyway so he does nothing. he once belched out rather forcefully before a lectern 'I didn't draw a red line...the world did!" couldn't he have said something like he knows how this might be perceived by some people but he has been presented with reliable intel that tells us the russians are going to make a serious attempt to compromise the coming election....he coulda done that but chooses not to.

so why should trump take the blame for something obama coulda done something about?

no wonder he seemed so nice and resigned when trump won.

:D

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#42 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

Maria Elena Salinas. I wouldn't have remembered it except that the

season finale was on tonight. She's pretty good. Maybe by now Zahn

owns part of the show. I also like the Reasonable Doubt series where the

ex-cop and the lawyer investigate the possibility of a wrongful conviction.

Of course they usually don't change the mind of the relatives.

Yes, I knew it was Maria something. Didnt realize that was the last show. Too bad.  Hopefully, it will return again. Yeah, I think Zahn must've demanded more airtime or something. Her interviews dominate the episodes now. I watch that Reasonable Doubt show, but I think it's rather cruel. They get people's hopes up, then at the end, they tell them they have NO CHANCE. I saw that Windshield Wiper Fluid Wife on another show. Only one episode, did they give them some hope. (They hired a detective! LOL)

#43 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

She must've demanded more stupid air time this season. I used to be able to FF through her segments, but there's just no there, there between her spots. Just not worth it to me. Too bad, because the cases are usually pretty good. For a show with someone who asks GOOD questions, watch the one tonight with the Spanish woman (it's new this year) I forget her name.......

I wont miss all that SOB SISTER STUFF either. I feel better already!!

Maria Elena Salinas. I wouldn't have remembered it except that the

season finale was on tonight. She's pretty good. Maybe by now Zahn

owns part of the show. I also like the Reasonable Doubt series where the

ex-cop and the lawyer investigate the possibility of a wrongful conviction.

Of course they usually don't change the mind of the relatives.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#44 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

The only one he seems incapable of judging is his darling Donny, who is the worst president ever that we've had. And this has been his "Honeymoon" period.

I do cut him a lot of slack because I never expected sinless perfection from him. :P  :D

#45 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

I still watch it. You may be right about the increase in dumb/obvious questions,

but the story is still there, however truncated. Fear Thy Neighbor seems to be

done for this season. I will wait patiently for the next group of crazies to come

forward to argue over dog droppings and tacky garden gnomes.

She must've demanded more stupid air time this season. I used to be able to FF through her segments, but there's just no there, there between her spots. Just not worth it to me. Too bad, because the cases are usually pretty good. For a show with someone who asks GOOD questions, watch the one tonight with the Spanish woman (it's new this year) I forget her name.......

I wont miss all that SOB SISTER STUFF either. I feel better already!!

#46 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

And yet 95% of all of your posts are you judging people. Huh, imagine that.

The only one he seems incapable of judging is his darling Donny, who is the worst president ever that we've had. And this has been his "Honeymoon" period.
  • film lover 293 likes this

#47 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

DITTO. Speaking of speakers, I cannot watch Paula Zahn anymore on On the Case. She has 3x times more stupid questions this season then before. There's no "show" to watch in-between them. UGH.

I still watch it. You may be right about the increase in dumb/obvious questions,

but the story is still there, however truncated. Fear Thy Neighbor seems to be

done for this season. I will wait patiently for the next group of crazies to come

forward to argue over dog droppings and tacky garden gnomes.

#48 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Cineaste

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,094 posts
  • LocationLook Out!

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

it isn't for me to judge them not being the almighty.

And yet 95% of all of your posts are you judging people. Huh, imagine that.

• Arturo, TheCid, Bogie56 and 2 others like this

#49 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

DITTO. Speaking of speakers, I cannot watch Paula Zahn anymore on On the Case. She has 3x times more stupid questions this season then before. There's no "show" to watch in-between them. UGH.

• Arturo likes this

#50 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

And with a new speaker, it would take just one election cycle (2 years) before the new speaker would be the new GOP punching bag. Dem pols are already seen as wusses, caving in to calls for Pelosi to resign will only make them look more so and embolden more GOP attacks for the future. If it worked the first time..........

I don't see much advantage in replacing Pelosi now. Wait until the

2018 elections and see what happens. If the Dems win a majority

in the House, she will be the Speaker. If they don't, she will probably

step aside.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#51 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

I know why you're so happy...

Supreme Court sides with same-sex couples in Arkansas suit

https://www.yahoo.co...--politics.html

That's why you're using the rainbow flag as your avatar, right?

I wasn't even aware of the case. I doan in any way hate or despise gays or lesbians who engage in a mockery of what marriage is supposed to be. I simply consider them terribly misguided. it isn't for me to judge them not being the almighty.

but the bible does tell us that in the last days the lines between sin and reason will become blurred. I would in no way fill my heart with hatred torwards my fellow sinful humanity as there is not one of us guiltless of sin. the bible tells us to pray for the sinner and those who would spitefully use us and asks us that if we only love those who love us then what reward have we?

we should feel joy when those who walk in spiritual darkness eventually come to perceive the light.

New Living Translation
Why do you continue to invite punishment? Must you rebel forever? Your head is injured, and your heart is sick.

:) 

#52 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Cineaste

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,094 posts
  • LocationLook Out!

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

magnificent era of trump

I know why you're so happy...

Supreme Court sides with same-sex couples in Arkansas suit

https://www.yahoo.co...--politics.html

That's why you're using the rainbow flag as your avatar, right?

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#53 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

magnificent era of trump

• JakeHolman and NipkowDisc like this

#54 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Pelosi has been a GOP punching bag for a while now. I recall

an ad from a long time ago with a fat Tip O'Neill lookalike

huffing and puffing while running around. The Dems did increase

their numbers in the Senate and House in 2016.

And with a new speaker, it would take just one election cycle (2 years) before the new speaker would be the new GOP punching bag. Dem pols are already seen as wusses, caving in to calls for Pelosi to resign will only make them look more so and embolden more GOP attacks for the future. If it worked the first time..........

• Arturo likes this

#55 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

This is the best analogy yet Nipkow, because it fits your Donnie perfectly. As ChristineH mentioned, this cautionary tale is to a demagogic fascist politician, loud, blustery and crude. JUST LIKE Donald Trump.

YEP.

• Arturo likes this

#56 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

and so we're movin' right along folks...with donny! :D what did he say this morning? that the reason obama did nothing about the russian interference, and I knew this right off, is because he smugly thought hillary was gonna win...but she didn't. :)

and we do thank him for his most unwitting and inadvertently patriotic act. :lol:

good news about trump's ban on enemy refugee belligerents today, a partial victory that will hold us until october. :D

but before that the AHCA and maybe another scotus opening.

"the golden days are ahead." -claude rains, the adventures of robin hood

well, that ends that.  :) 

#57 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

BOLD NEW LEADERSHIP! no...

no, the the same old tried and true stuff...BUT IT WORKS!  AND THE PEOPLE ARE WITH DONNY BECAUSE OF IT!

This is the best analogy yet Nipkow, because it fits your Donnie perfectly. As ChristineH mentioned, this cautionary tale is to a demagogic fascist politician, loud, blustery and crude. JUST LIKE Donald Trump.

obama ignoring the russian interference that he knew about was just as bad. 

why? why did mister perfect oratory do nothing? oh he did do something. he and the first lady attended a gala celebration replete with rock artists and celebs in philadelphia just two nites before the unthinkable occurred which suggests that he was only concerned with what he knew only in the context of whether hillary clinton would win two evenings later.

since he took it that she would...he did nothing.

so now you can all stop blaming trump.
:P  :lol:

WRONG again! Obama went to Congress about the Russian interference, But Mitch McConnell stated that it would be partisan interference it go public with this, in his own craven act of partisan interference. The story did get leaked , but on the same day as the Access Hollywood story of Trump's lack of (as Prince might've put it) "**** Control". It got buried by the salacious story.

There is MUCH to blame Trump, who kept calling for Russian interference in the election, and possibly, colluding more directly with them in this matter. He is trying to Damn hard to bury the story, for he and his cronies to be totally innocent here.

At minimum, his lack of interest in investigating the Russian attack on our election, is a dereliction of his duty to protect this country. This is treasonous. And the reported attempts even now for him to weaken the sanctions against Russia for these actions shows he values the enemy that attacked us. So despite your hopes and Donnie's hopes, this isn't going away anytime soon. He is in league with the Putin devil, and Trump smells of sulphur.

Edited by TCMModerator1, 26 June 2017 - 11:45 AM.
Edited For Language

• mr6666 and Bogie56 like this

#58 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

BOLD NEW LEADERSHIP! no...

no, the the same old tried and true stuff...BUT IT WORKS!  AND THE PEOPLE ARE WITH DONNY BECAUSE OF IT!

#59 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

Quite right.  Obama did not do enough.  If Trump were in the same position it may have gone like this ....

"Many, many, many people are telling me that the Republican candidate is a willing accomplice of the Russian hacking and has been compromised.  Bad.  You are in very very bigly danger of electing a Putin puppet, believe me.  Sad.  I will be revealing the evidence in two weeks.  Confeve"

- of course you would have to make it more illiterate but you get the point.

and I'm glad he did nothing. :D

because of that it was hello donny! :lol:

#60 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

obama ignoring the russian interference that he knew about was just as bad. 

why? why did mister perfect oratory do nothing? oh he did do something. he and the first lady attended a gala celebration replete with rock artists and celebs in philadelphia just two nites before the unthinkable occurred which suggests that he was only concerned with what he knew only in the context of whether hillary clinton would win two evenings later.

since he took it that she would...he did nothing.

so now you can all stop blaming trump.

:P  :lol:

Quite right.  Obama did not do enough.  If Trump were in the same position it may have gone like this ....

"Many, many, many people are telling me that the Republican candidate is a willing accomplice of the Russian hacking and has been compromised.  Bad.  You are in very very bigly danger of electing a Putin puppet, believe me.  Sad.  I will be revealing the evidence in two weeks.  Confeve"

- of course you would have to make it more illiterate but you get the point.

• mr6666, Arturo, Sepiatone and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users