We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
5245 replies to this topic

#41 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:12 AM

I just saw a soundbite of the Trump statement after the recent Manchester bombing and I would like to commend him on it.  He simply labelled the bomber a "loser" and said that this was how he would describe these people from now on.  This is how the Uncle of the Boston bombers described his nephews ..."complete losers" plain and simple.  Do not glamourize these losers by linking them to some cause.

• Arturo and NipkowDisc like this

#42 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

President Trump: I did reveal highly classified information to Russian operatives but

"Just so you understand, I never mentioned the word or the name Israel,"

• mr6666 and film lover 293 like this

#43 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,159 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Melania Trump meanwhile earlier today went to the American International School of Riyadh where she visited classrooms and gave several Dr. Seuss books to a preschool class. A chorus at the school sang the song "Lean on me” to the first lady and she clapped along.

Strange name for the above link, Dr Seuss News. :huh:

GTY-potus-trip1-melania-trump-1-jt-17052

she's a very, very sweet lady. :)

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#44 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

Melania Trump meanwhile earlier today went to the American International School of Riyadh where she visited classrooms and gave several Dr. Seuss books to a preschool class. A chorus at the school sang the song "Lean on me” to the first lady and she clapped along.

Strange name for the above link, Dr Seuss News. :huh:

GTY-potus-trip1-melania-trump-1-jt-17052

#45 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

Right now Donny is the poster boy for moral and ethical

(and good old financial) bankruptcy.

• mr6666, Arturo and film lover 293 like this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#46 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

If we sell $10 Billion of military items to an Arab country are we required to give $10 Billiton to Israel to balance it out?

#47 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

Our attitude toward the national debt.

Trump's doing his best to help it skyrocket upwards even more.

• TheCid, Bogie56 and film lover 293 like this

#48 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

1425_3.jpg

Our attitude toward the national debt.

• Arturo likes this

#49 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

you were all so sure he was gonna face his most abject routing last november 8th...and you all completely guessed wrong and history was made.

of course the man is having some minor difficulties...he HAS NOT been an egg-sucking politician for most of his adult life.

MINOR difficulties?

1425_3.jpg

White House lawyers are reportedly looking into the possibility of impeachment.

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#50 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,159 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

you were all so sure he was gonna face his most abject routing last november 8th...and you all completely guessed wrong and history was made.

of course the man is having some minor difficulties...he HAS NOT been an egg-sucking politician for most of his adult life.

we deplorables fairly and maturely cut him some slack while you others desperately wait to glom on to anything to condemn him.

for desperation read moral and ethical bankruptcy.

why should we believe there is any case to be made against him? did obama after november 8th make it? he did not! :D

#51 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,159 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

Trump could give a speech listing his favourite kinds of ketchup and you'd applaud.

sure! he's a great guy. he cleaned the democrats' clocks, didn't he?

:D

#52 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

Donny Trump lays it down to the muslim world in a powerfully bold speech. it's the kinda speech a real leader gives and that mister perfect obama NEVER GAVE.

Trump could give a speech listing his favourite kinds of ketchup and you'd applaud.

• film lover 293 likes this

#53 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,159 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

five months into Trump administration we get CNN Special Report White House in Crisis (aired on

May 19)....I can't wait to see the next five months

interesting view on Trump

well, it is really very simple....ego. the very thing they damn trump for. they figure their egg-sucking exploitative coverage throughout 2016 made him president so now they figure they can unmake him president.

now we're supposed to see how right they are about trump when they ALL completely screwed the pooch last november?

I doan think so and to you trump mockers, mock him all you want...

you were doing that HERE and BEFORE his historical victory last year so you're just mocking him with your unchanged empty arguments.

YOU ALL were disproved last november. :lol:

"that's why you hate him! hate his friends!...and that's why you're beaten!" -franchot tone, mutiny on the bounty

:)

#54 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,159 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

Donny Trump lays it down to the muslim world in a powerfully bold speech. it's the kinda speech a real leader gives and that mister perfect obama NEVER GAVE.

almost immediately you could see the disconnection on the part of the cable news pundits. this woman on cnn said she was scared. by what? true leadership or the absence of egg-sucking political correctness?
they can't understand the lack of undefined moral diffusion. trump spoke of things long removed from their disconnected hoy-faloy psyches. of good vs. evil and of civilization vs. medieval barbarism.

all I heard from this one female dipsheet on cnn was about how trump might have offended the iranians! and all because obama sucked up to evil instead of opposing it like any american potus should!

it was a helluva great speech but this phony cable news moe foes will never see it...because they doan want to...they're closet democrats the lot of 'em!

#55 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

1ii7ln.jpg

"Oh, Kellyanne, between your alternative facts and my fake news, we make such beautiful music together."

• Bogie56 and film lover 293 like this

#56 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

five months into Trump administration we get CNN Special Report White House in Crisis (aired on

What kind of odds are the Piccadilly Circus bookmakers giving on if there's going to be another five months of this Amateur hour-Keystone cop imitation of a government?

#57 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

five months into Trump administration we get CNN Special Report White House in Crisis (aired on

#58 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

"upon arriving in Saudi Arabia, Trump signed an arms deal worth $110 billion, in addition to over $350 billion over the next 10 years.
Per NBC News, “[t]he White House trumpeted the agreement as a “significant expansion” of the two nation’s “security relationship” that includes promises for future defense capabilities to support Saudi Arabia’s defense needs.” The White House’s verbiage, of course, is a thinly-veiled attempt to disguise what is nothing more than an arms deal between the United States and the ultraconservative kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the country from which 15 of the 19 September 11th hijackers came....

Today’s arms deal is the latest signal of Trump’s complete reversal from his rhetoric on the campaign trail. The fact that he is so quick to sell weapons to the country he once decried as wanting “women as slaves and to kill gays” and being “people that push gays off buildings” is evidence that Trump will forego any ethical principles for money.

While Trump may try to pass this deal off as a victory for the American worker, he will, in actuality, only enrich the already bloated defense industry, which may see its resources balloon if Trump’s $54 billion proposed increase takes effect.....

http://occupydemocra...-sucking-trump/

I heard last year that some families of the 9/11 victims were trying to sue Saudi Arabia in a civil suit for the loss of their loved ones.

I wonder if they're still trying to do that and what they would think about all of this Trump-Saudi business today?

#59 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,130 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

"upon arriving in Saudi Arabia, Trump signed an arms deal worth $110 billion, in addition to over $350 billion over the next 10 years.

Per NBC News, “[t]he White House trumpeted the agreement as a “significant expansion” of the two nation’s “security relationship” that includes promises for future defense capabilities to support Saudi Arabia’s defense needs.” The White House’s verbiage, of course, is a thinly-veiled attempt to disguise what is nothing more than an arms deal between the United States and the ultraconservative kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the country from which 15 of the 19 September 11th hijackers came....

Today’s arms deal is the latest signal of Trump’s complete reversal from his rhetoric on the campaign trail. The fact that he is so quick to sell weapons to the country he once decried as wanting “women as slaves and to kill gays” and being “people that push gays off buildings” is evidence that Trump will forego any ethical principles for money.

While Trump may try to pass this deal off as a victory for the American worker, he will, in actuality, only enrich the already bloated defense industry, which may see its resources balloon if Trump’s $54 billion proposed increase takes effect.....

http://occupydemocra...-sucking-trump/

• TheCid, Bogie56 and LawrenceA like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#60 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Wall Street Journal editorial:

“Mr. Trump needs to appreciate how close he is to losing the Republicans he needs to pass the agenda that will determine if he is successful. Weeks of pointless melodrama and undisciplined comments have depleted public and Capitol Hill attention from health care and tax reform, and exhaustion is setting in.

America holds elections every two years, and Mr. Trump’s policy allies in Congress will drift away if he looks like a liability.”

Did Trump every really have an agenda?  Almost everything he campaigned on was slogans, phrases and sound bites meant to stir up his base and get media attention.  As we now know, he was not actually interested in any of them.  His remaining interest is just so he won't look bad if the fail.

Most of his early supporters and staff have an agenda, but that is not Trump's.

While the Republicans may tire of his antics, tweets, buffonary, etc., they will not desert him.  They need him to sign off on their agendas.  And as we have learned, woe be unto anyone who crosses Trump or proves less than a stellar loyalist.

I am sure the Republicans are concerned about Trump's effect on the 2018 races, but then they know that his base is also their base in most of the races.

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Vautrin