We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

• Please log in to reply
7324 replies to this topic

#6101 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

Immigration-hardliner Sessions could execute crackdown as AG

As the nation’s top cop, Sessions would be able to direct limited department resources to pursuing immigration cases. He could launch federal investigations into what he perceives as discrimination against U.S. citizens caused by immigration. He would be in charge of drafting legal rationales for immigration policies under the Trump administration.

And Sessions, as attorney general, could find ways to choke off funding for “sanctuary cities,” where local officials decline to help federal officials identify undocumented immigrants so they can be deported.

POLITICO >> http://www.politico....rackdown-231800

MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

• NipkowDisc likes this

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#6102 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:18 AM

One news commentator thought that Trump and Conway are making such a big thing over the possibility of a Romney Sec. of State nomination in order to keep the media from talking about his financial interests, conflicts of interests, etc.  Probably includes his son-in-laws probable posting as de facto chief of staff.

Of course. Paul Bagala referred to Trump's tweets as "weapons of mass distraction". Every time there is a potentially devastating revelation (the Trump University settlement), he does some tweets about something else to take the attention away.

• mr6666, TheCid and LawrenceA like this

#6103 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,723 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:35 AM

One news commentator thought that Trump and Conway are making such a big thing over the possibility of a Romney Sec. of State nomination in order to keep the media from talking about his financial interests, conflicts of interests, etc.  Probably includes his son-in-laws probable posting as de facto chief of staff.

#6104 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,723 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:28 AM

Not likely. Those who vote for Trump are not kind.

:lol:

See the clip of the pro-Trump passenger on a Delta flight from Atlanta to Allentown PA.  I'm sure it is out there somewhere (Huffington Post).  Delta banned him for life and refunded all the passengers tickets who had to endure his rant.

This is what the next four years will be like.  I have already run into it myself.

#6105 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

Share prices in American Insurance companies were through the roof yesterday no doubt in anticipation of the renewed reaming of the middle class that is about to take place.  It's a good time to be one of the rich.  Not so good, if you are one of the disaffected middle class that chose to vote for Trump.

#6106 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:12 AM

Mr. Gloat? :huh:  I like it! :D

and now...

a deplorables family xmas. :)

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#6107 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:08 AM

:D

The NipkowDisk gloat. You remind me of my fellow pupils in that Fifth Grade class.

yourself

BTW, Mr Gloat, you'd better hope that your idol doesn't get upended and the other one takes over because I have a lot of wonderful music to advance the theme of Legends of the Fall as well as themes which include The Resurrection of Hillary Clinton which I will post for your enjoyment. You will be so crestfallen that tuna and saltines won't have any taste. Go Stein, Go Hillary ... no mercy for Mr Gloat!!

B) 

#6108 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:56 AM

I had to entangle this.

Bad question. It affirms your view (which I agree with) but I still misread your question.

I was so unable to "pay attention!" in the Fifth grade that my teacher, a rather attractive lady named Mrs McNeese (see how readily I besmirch her name publicly) grabbed me by the hair and said "I may have to do something drastic with you," which scares me now in the memory of it than it did when it was potentially stark reality. She should have been drastic, maybe I would be paying attention today (but probably not).

:blink:

#6109 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:53 AM

no, you asked me why any illegals would vote for trump. :lol:

I had to entangle this.

You wrote: so who's to say enough illegals didn't vote to tip the popular vote in her favor?

I wrote: On the face of it, this seems more likely than the other way around. Why would an illegal vote for Trump?

Bad question. It affirms your view (which I agree with) but I still misread your question.

I was so unable to "pay attention!" in the Fifth grade that my teacher, a rather attractive lady named Mrs McNeese (see how readily I besmirch her name publicly) grabbed me by the hair and said "I may have to do something drastic with you," which scares me now in the memory of it than it did when it was potentially stark reality. She should have been drastic, maybe I would be paying attention today (but probably not).

:blink:

#6110 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:50 AM

here's how donny win!...

he talked and people listened!

#6111 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

Donny's headin' out. He's on his way! :) 

fo2n43.png

• JakeHolman likes this

#6112 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

no, you asked me why any illegals would vote for trump. :lol:

#6113 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

"kindness." -del griffith, planes, trains and automobiles :lol:

#6114 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

On the face of it, this seems more likely than the other way around. Why would an illegal vote for Trump?

"kindness." -del griffith, planes, trains and automobiles :lol:

#6115 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:52 PM

so who's to say enough illegals didn't vote to tip the popular vote in her favor?

and lets be QUITE fair here...

Trump wouldn't be commenting on the popular vote at all if it wasn't for jill stein and her recount HS. :D

On the face of it, this seems more likely than the other way around. Why would an illegal vote for Trump?

#6116 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:52 PM

so what is left for you forum anti-trump slash pro-hillary people to do but continue and knock trump?

only two people here hightlighted their belief and support of trump, JakeHolman and myself and we both stuck to our guns despite the polls and most of the sentiments expressed here about trump and it is still going on.

why shouldn't jake and me call it sour grapes? that's what it is. a lot of you thought hillary clinton was a done deal and it didn't happen. boo-hoo!  :lol:

I didn't expect donny to pull it off on election night. no sir! I sat in front of my TV girding myself for the blowout...that never happened!  :lol:

so what is left for children to do but cheat at a game they lost?

pathetic...right Jake?  :)

DITTO

• NipkowDisc likes this

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#6117 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

I love obama for saying the election's over and trump won.

whatta great guy! :D 

#6118 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:48 PM

so who's to say enough illegals didn't vote to tip the popular vote in her favor?

Trump wouldn't be commenting on the popular vote at all if it wasn't for jill stein and her recount HS. :D

so this is all really jill stein's fault! Her Fault! :) 

#6119 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

Breaking news--

Trump won the popular vote.

SOURCE:ALEX JONES-- the man who can make you believe anything-- if you're stupid enough.LOL

• JakeHolman likes this

#6120 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

Breaking news--

Trump won the popular vote.

SOURCE:ALEX JONES-- the man who can make you believe anything-- if you're stupid enough.LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users