We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump's Appointments

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#1 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

When is Trump going to bring back buggy whip manufacturing jobs to America?

Just after he gives everyone healthcare. It will be totally

fantastic. Great, really great. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#2 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Gorsuch said he is not going back to the horse and buggy era.

Now isn't that reassuring.

When is Trump going to bring back buggy whip manufacturing jobs to America?

• LawrenceA likes this

#3 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

Maybe they could get Eric Trump - - if he could spare some time from killing endangered species animals.
And then there's always 10 year-old Barron Trump, who has probably just completed the fifth grade and certainly is as well educated as his dad.
Why look for qualified professional and experienced candidates to work in high level government jobs when you can just employ your whole family.
I guess I just woke up and the US is back in 19th century where we're still in the spoils system or something.
I know the Trump supporters want to take us back to 1958--but prior to the 1880's that's a little early.
I'd miss air conditioning, Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, The Beach Boys Endless Summer CD and TCM.
But maybe the Trump supporters just really like that horse manure that we used to have in the streets in the 19th century, along with Jim Crow for black people and no voting rights for women.
As Archie Bunker used to sing, "Those were the days!"

It's a fact they love that manure. They constantly cheer at all the C r ap he slings at them at his rallies.

#4 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

Gorsuch said he is not going back to the horse and buggy era.

Now isn't that reassuring.

#5 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Who's he going to find willing to take those jobs? LOL!

Maybe they could get Eric Trump - - if he could spare some time from killing endangered species animals.

And then there's always 10 year-old Barron Trump, who has probably just completed the fifth grade and certainly is as well educated as his dad.

Why look for qualified professional and experienced candidates to work in high level government jobs when you can just employ your whole family.

I guess I just woke up and the US is back in 19th century where we're still in the spoils system or something.

I know the Trump supporters want to take us back to 1958--but prior to the 1880's that's a little early.

I'd miss air conditioning, Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, The Beach Boys Endless Summer CD and TCM.

But maybe the Trump supporters just really like that horse manure that we used to have in the streets in the 19th century, along with Jim Crow for black people and no voting rights for women.

As Archie Bunker used to sing, "Those were the days!"
  • Arturo likes this

#6 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Jim Donovan, Trump's chosen nominee to be Deputy Treasury Secretary, has decided not to join Trump's administration, saying "he wants to spend more time with his family.  Donovan had been an executive with Goldman Sachs.

Isn't he a bachelor?  Kidding.

#7 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

And then there's always 10 year -old Barron Trump,gas who has probably just completed the fifth grade and certainly is as well educated as his dad.

Why look for qualified professional and experienced candidates to work in government jobs when you can just employ your whole family.

I guess I just woke up and the 19th century were still in the spoil system or something.

#8 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,411 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Jim Donovan, Trump's chosen nominee to be Deputy Treasury Secretary, has decided not to join Trump's administration, saying "he wants to spend more time with his family.  Donovan had been an executive with Goldman Sachs.

#9 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

It's being reported that Trump is considering firing Sean Spicer, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon this week. Count Trumpula is said to be furious about the events of the past week and how it has been perceived by the media, so he's looking to fire a lot of people.

Spicer I've been expecting, but Priebus and Bannon I won't believe until it happens.

• Arturo likes this

#10 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

Now why would Trump care what the fake news media is

reporting? Even he doesn't believe his own bs.

#11 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,715 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

It's being reported that Trump is considering firing Sean Spicer, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon this week. Count Trumpula is said to be furious about the events of the past week and how it has been perceived by the media, so he's looking to fire a lot of people.

Spicer I've been expecting, but Priebus and Bannon I won't believe until it happens.

What really makes Trump a moron is his expectation that anyone he hires to replace those he fires will end up doing a better job.

Having to spin,  deceive, be disingenuous and lie on a regular basis is hard work and difficult to pull off.    In addition how does one determine if a job candidate is good at such things?     Of course there are people with experience (e.g. the spokes person for the Syrian government),  but those qualities are not something someone is going to list on their resume.   :blink:

#12 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

• mr6666, TheCid and film lover 293 like this

#13 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

It appears Trump will be able to claim one thing for his first 90 days that no other president could claim - more failed appointments.

Seems that a lot of his appointees either had to resign (fired), were transferred, had duties reduced or just plain quit before taking the position.

• Arturo likes this

#14 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:29 AM

Nice one, Sleepy Ben ...

• film lover 293 likes this

#15 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

"Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry has been added to a core group within the National Security Council in a shakeup of members announced on Wednesday.

Perry, the secretary of energy, was one of several officials added to the principals committee, the primary group of policy-makers for national security.

Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump’s chief strategist, was removed from the principals committee......

http://www.statesman...ZhCTCn3380KOhI/

"restores the chairman of the Joint Chiefs and intelligence director and also adds the energy secretary, C.I.A. director and United Nations ambassador....seemed a clear victory for General McMaster as he struggles to assert control over national security. In addition to the changing membership of the principals committee, the new order also puts the Homeland Security Council under General McMaster rather than making it a separate entity, as Mr. Trump’s original order had done.....

https://www.nytimes....hen-bannon.html

• TheCid likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#16 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

"Even Trump’s own UN Ambassador, Nikki Haley, said has broken with his remarks and says there’s a connection between the President’s election and Russia.

On ABC’s “The Week“, Haley said there was no doubt that Russia was involved in the 2016 election.

“I think Russia was involved in the election. There’s no question about that,” said Haley. “And I think when they finish with all of this process, yes, they need to address Russia. They need to act.”

Said Haley: “We don’t want any country involved in our elections, ever. And so once that information comes out, I expect that that will be handled accordingly.”

The President continues to dismiss the allegations,...........

http://resistancerep...ussia-involved/

• Bogie56 likes this

#17 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

No wonder Flynn may be copping a deal with the FBI.  I wonder if Hillary is chanting "Lock Him Up" somewhere?

#18 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

As the Washington Post’s Ashley Parker and Philip Rucker reported on Sunday, Kushner has been tapped to run an entirely new office with the “sweeping authority to overhaul the federal bureaucracy and fulfill key campaign promises....

"Jared Kushner, who comes to Washington with no government experience, no policy experience, no diplomatic experience, and business experience limited to his family’s real estate development firm, a brief stint as a newspaper publisher, and briefly bidding to acquire the Los Angeles Dodgers, will be working on trade, Middle East policy in general, an Israel-Palestine peace deal more specifically, reforming the Veterans Administration, and solving the opioid crisis.

Oh wait, that’s not all! Apparently, this new office will also be responsible for “modernizing the technology and data infrastructure of every federal department and agency; remodeling workforce-training programs; and developing “transformative projects” under the banner of Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure plan, such as providing broadband internet service to every American.”

....two factions of that inner circle seems to openly loathe one another ― the Reince Priebus faction is made up of government careerists who are distrusted by the Steve Bannon faction, who want to humiliate career bureaucrats, dismantle the “administrative state,” .......
the third being “the entire extended Trump family,” of which Kushner is the nominal head......

http://www.huffingto...b02a2eaab6664f?

FDR's presidency was known as the New Deal.

JFK's presidency was known as the New Frontier.

LBJ's presidency was known as The Great Society.

Trump's presidency will be remembered as The Amateur Hour.

Around and around she goes--appointment for this high level federal government advisory post will go to who knows next--which unqualified, inexperienced, inept Trump relative.

After this Administration, no one in the United States should complain about Prince Charles.
  • TheCid and Bogie56 like this

#19 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

As the Washington Post’s Ashley Parker and Philip Rucker reported on Sunday, Kushner has been tapped to run an entirely new office with the “sweeping authority to overhaul the federal bureaucracy and fulfill key campaign promises....

"Jared Kushner, who comes to Washington with no government experience, no policy experience, no diplomatic experience, and business experience limited to his family’s real estate development firm, a brief stint as a newspaper publisher, and briefly bidding to acquire the Los Angeles Dodgers, will be working on trade, Middle East policy in general, an Israel-Palestine peace deal more specifically, reforming the Veterans Administration, and solving the opioid crisis.

Oh wait, that’s not all! Apparently, this new office will also be responsible for “modernizing the technology and data infrastructure of every federal department and agency; remodeling workforce-training programs; and developing “transformative projects” under the banner of Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure plan, such as providing broadband internet service to every American.”

....two factions of that inner circle seems to openly loathe one another ― the Reince Priebus faction is made up of government careerists who are distrusted by the Steve Bannon faction, who want to humiliate career bureaucrats, dismantle the “administrative state,” .......

the third being “the entire extended Trump family,” of which Kushner is the nominal head......

http://www.huffingto...b02a2eaab6664f?

• TheCid likes this

#20 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

What are you talkin' about? President Trump is in the best shape, tremendous, just fantastic.

trump_golfing_fat_ass.jpg

GROSS OUT!!!!! LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users