We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump's Appointments

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#561 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

This should send a message to our enemies.

Be careful that they don't multiply.

#562 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

This should send a message to our enemies.

http://www.nbcnews.c...tis-dod-n689621

James "Mad Dog" Mattis

2016-11-20t140726z_1721239037_s1aeunxwpy

150607d1362638833-mad-dog-animated-hallo

#563 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

Indeed, he belongs in a home for the Racist and the Ignorant-- Or just make it a place where people who were born liars go when they get old.

Giuliani belongs in a Home for the ____________. (Supply your own word). He would fit like a glove into many categories of "homes".

• Arturo and Princess of Tap like this

#564 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

It would not surprise me in the least if both Pence and Paul Ryan secretly plan to get him impeached just so they can take power.

Already the Republican control of the government has taken effect before Führer Trump has taken office. Once again, in the name of "security" a.k.a. Trump's Law & Order, the FBI has expanded its powers even more so than under Bush the Second. Make sure there isn't anything you are doing on your computer or cell phone that is private that you want to keep private. Any nudie-cutie site you look up on Google or any questionable email you send can now be used against you in a court of law.

This, of course, is the biased LIBERAL news take on it. I haven't checked how Fox News and Breitbart are reporting this. They may see it as a GOOD thing to Keep America Safe.

This reminds me of what happened to the Republican leadership in the House when they were trying to impeach Bill Clinton. They all turned on each other like a mob of cannibal hungry rats.
  • Jlewis likes this

#565 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

Giuliani, in a walk. He now belongs in a home.

Indeed, he belongs in a home for the Racist and the Ignorant-- Or just make it a place where people who were born liars go when they get old.
  • Arturo likes this

#566 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

The better question is who would be the worst.

Giuliani, in a walk. He now belongs in a home.

• Princess of Tap likes this

#567 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

Dont worry, he's not going to last 4 years  (hopefully we will). We'll be dealing with President Pence. Nothing to hope for there either.

It would not surprise me in the least if both Pence and Paul Ryan secretly plan to get him impeached just so they can take power.

Already the Republican control of the government has taken effect before Führer Trump has taken office. Once again, in the name of "security" a.k.a. Trump's Law & Order, the FBI has expanded its powers even more so than under Bush the Second. Make sure there isn't anything you are doing on your computer or cell phone that is private that you want to keep private. Any nudie-cutie site you look up on Google or any questionable email you send can now be used against you in a court of law.

This, of course, is the biased LIBERAL news take on it. I haven't checked how Fox News and Breitbart are reporting this. They may see it as a GOOD thing to Keep America Safe.

• Princess of Tap likes this

#568 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,422 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

Who is best for Secretary of State? Giuliani, Romney, Petraeous, Porker? Not sure....does anyone have an opinion?

The better question is who would be the worst.

#569 newclassicfilmfan1

newclassicfilmfan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

Who is best for Secretary of State?  Giuliani, Romney, Petraeous, Porker?  Not sure....does anyone have an opinion?

#570 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,000 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

If they don't want to get voted out of office, they will.

They have a mandate, remember? :D

#571 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

You think they care???

If they don't want to get voted out of office, they will.

• mr6666 likes this

#572 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,000 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Withdrawing benefits would be EXTREMELY controversial.

You think they care???

#573 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

They can do anything they want, just traditionally have not done it.  The issue would be whether or not the Trump Supreme Court ruled that the current beneficiaries had a "contract" with the government.  Good luck with that.

It also comes down to how much each person has to pay for Part B of Medicare, how much Medicare reimburses on Part A and B, etc.  All that is subject to change at the will of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services.  Trump appointed Seema Verma to head it and along with Tom Price at HHS, current beneficiaries can expect major increases in their "cost-sharing."

Example:  when I joined the Army, I would receive a pension and free medical care for myself and dependents if I stayed 20 years. Surprise!  They have been chipping away at the medical for last 20 years or more.  The Republicans in Congress are determined to reduce both pensions and medical benefits.  Same with the VA, but not quite as obvious.

Withdrawing benefits would be EXTREMELY controversial.

#574 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,000 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:32 PM

Most of Trump's cabinet appointments are friends and business associates - who are just as rich as he is and who certainly have no interest in helping working class or middle class people.

This Mnuchin is probably responsible for putting a lot of middle-class people back into the working class and responsible for putting a lot of Working Class People Into the street, homeless, as he was responsible for innumerable foreclosures.

And Trump is the guy that the lower- class white people have selected to help them out. That would be so funny, if it wasn't so pathetic.

So much for draining the swamp. Business as usual with the Dumpster!

#575 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,000 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

Oh Princess, you know you are enjoying every moment of this Greek Tragic-Comedy. Just think of all of the fun that people many decades in the future will enjoy reading in their history "books" (if such things still exist). The story will all be about how one country's destiny was determined by a certain Access Hollywood bus. Look on the bright side. Two and half million MORE still voted for HER instead of HIM even though their votes didn't count thanks to our backward system. That won't work to HIS benefit four years from now unless he happens to morph into Mother Teresa all of the sudden and the Democrats pick somebody really moronic to compete against him.

Dont worry, he's not going to last 4 years  (hopefully we will). We'll be dealing with President Pence. Nothing to hope for there either.

• mr6666 likes this

#576 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,000 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

They can do anything they want, just traditionally have not done it.  The issue would be whether or not the Trump Supreme Court ruled that the current beneficiaries had a "contract" with the government.  Good luck with that.

It also comes down to how much each person has to pay for Part B of Medicare, how much Medicare reimburses on Part A and B, etc.  All that is subject to change at the will of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services.  Trump appointed Seema Verma to head it and along with Tom Price at HHS, current beneficiaries can expect major increases in their "cost-sharing."

Example:  when I joined the Army, I would receive a pension and free medical care for myself and dependents if I stayed 20 years. Surprise!  They have been chipping away at the medical for last 20 years or more.  The Republicans in Congress are determined to reduce both pensions and medical benefits.  Same with the VA, but not quite as obvious.

They dont have to worry about THEIR benefits. (paid for buy us)..........

#577 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

I don't think they can tamper with the benefits of those already getting them, just those for new people reaching 65.

#578 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

He seems to be appointing orr considering a lot of generals, even though he knows more than the generals, believe him.

Interesting that Gov. Haley's biggest mistake was that she appointed retired military officers as agency heads.  They didn't last long.

One of the problems with retired military officers is that they spent their careers in a very insular system that is a virtual dictatorship. That's how the military works, but it gives you little training or experience for dealing with civilians, civilian agencies, politicians at all levels, etc.

Eisenhower, Marshall and Powell were succesful because they were actually politicians in the military and learned the art of working with others and compromise.  Powell not so well though.

It seems that Trump is "draining the swamp" by taking the biggest alligators, snakes and other predators out and placing them in his government.

• mr6666 likes this

#579 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

Speaking of Trump's appointments---

I was getting the impression that Trump made his decisions based on:

The harder he had to pull to get someone's LIPS off his azz, the more likely they were to get the job.

Sepiatone

He seems to be appointing orr considering a lot of generals, even though he knows more than the generals, believe him.

#580 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,771 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

Speaking of Trump's appointments---

I was getting the impression that Trump made his decisions based on:

The harder he had to pull to get someone's LIPS off his azz, the more likely they were to get the job.

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users