We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump's Appointments

• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#561 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:01 PM

Bolton's philosophy is bomb first, ask questions later. And I don't like his moustache.

Yep, it he had to rely solely on his face for his

fearsome reputation, he'd be in a world of trouble.

Non-hipster doofus.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#562 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

The background of some of the instructors for TU were

investigated and some were much worse than just salesmen.

I can see Bolton, he does have foreign policy experience, but

I don't get Giuliani. Maybe Rudy just wants to fly around the

world for free.

Bolton's philosophy is bomb first, ask questions later. And I don't like his moustache.

#563 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Palin will get Secretary of the Environment so she can oversee its total destruction.

LMREO!!!!! It doesnt pay enough and she'd have to work............

#564 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

For those who wish to take comfort in the idea that the Donald will surround himself with good people to run the government it might be worth remembering that he staffed his Trump University with salesmen who had false credentials and no or little experience.

The background of some of the instructors for TU were

investigated and some were much worse than just salesmen.

I can see Bolton, he does have foreign policy experience, but

I don't get Giuliani. Maybe Rudy just wants to fly around the

world for free.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#565 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:21 PM

it's a hard choice because I them both, guiliani and bolton are both a-1 standup guys.  :)

I'm hoping for sarah palin as secretary of the interior. :lol:

Palin will get Secretary of the Environment so she can oversee its total destruction.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#566 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,662 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:11 PM

it's a hard choice because I like them both, guiliani and bolton are both a-1 standup guys.  :)

I'm hoping for sarah palin as secretary of the interior. :lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#567 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:09 PM

This is a very entertaining and eye-opening Washington Post story.  It should certainly make one think twice about ever voting for a rank amateur again.

https://www.washingt...st-draw5&wpmm=1

The Trump administration hasn’t even started yet, and it’s already a fiasco

said people familiar with the meeting.----- Trump aides were described by those people ----

Those of us who 

breaking-news-logo.jpg

#568 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

Rudy Giuliani and John Bolton announce publicly that they want to be Secretary of State. They are immediately listed as the frontrunners for the job, even though both are uniquely unqualified or ill-suited for the job. Am I missing something?

Maybe they could both do it just to add to the confusion.

#569 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

This is a very entertaining and eye-opening Washington Post story.  It should certainly make one think twice about ever voting for a rank amateur again.

Some little bits but one should read the entire short article ...

And as it begins to take shape, Trump’s administration is looking like some kind of mash-up of “Being There” and “American History X,” with just the combination of cluelessness and malice that you would have expected.

During their private White House meeting on Thursday, [President] Obama walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr. Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.

The man ran for president for a year and a half, and is surprised that the presidency is such a big job. Meanwhile, his aides were under the impression that the Obama staffers would stick around and be working for them now.

This is appalling, but it shouldn’t be surprising. Those of us who actually contemplated a Trump presidency during the campaign were particularly disturbed not just by Trump’s ignorance, but also by the fact that it was accompanied by a certainty that he knew everything he needed to know, despite the fact that he knew virtually nothing.

Too funny. Going to be one thrill ride.........

• TheCid and Princess of Tap like this

#570 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

Rudy Giuliani and John Bolton announce publicly that they want to be Secretary of State. They are immediately listed as the frontrunners for the job, even though both are uniquely unqualified or ill-suited for the job. Am I missing something?

Nope. Heaven help us.........

#571 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

What exactly is his son-in-law's background? He is one of Trump's top advisers.

35 year old husband of Ivanka, current owner of Kusher family real estate development company, BA Harvard, JD & MBA NYU, owner of New York Observer for a few things.  He was very involved in the campaign.

#572 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

Trump is seeking Top Secret security clearances for his children to include his son-in-law.  These are the same children who will be running his companies.

What exactly is his son-in-law's background? He is one of Trump's top advisers.

#573 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

Trump is seeking Top Secret security clearances for his children to include his son-in-law.  These are the same children who will be running his companies.

#574 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

I'd go with Giuliani.  He's the more demonstative A H arrogant one of the two and will be a fitting representative of the Trump administration for the rest of the world.

Giuliani would have been terrible in his younger days. Now he's adding senility to the mix.

• mr6666 likes this

#575 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:13 AM

I'd go with Giuliani.  He's the more demonstative A H arrogant one of the two and will be a fitting representative of the Trump administration for the rest of the world.

#576 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:09 AM

For those who wish to take comfort in the idea that the Donald will surround himself with good people to run the government it might be worth remembering that he staffed his Trump University with salesmen who had false credentials and no or little experience.

#577 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:36 AM

#578 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:40 AM

Some little bits but one should read the entire short article ...

And as it begins to take shape, Trump’s administration is looking like some kind of mash-up of “Being There” and “American History X,” with just the combination of cluelessness and malice that you would have expected.

During their private White House meeting on Thursday, [President] Obama walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr. Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.

The man ran for president for a year and a half, and is surprised that the presidency is such a big job. Meanwhile, his aides were under the impression that the Obama staffers would stick around and be working for them now.

This is appalling, but it shouldn’t be surprising. Those of us who actually contemplated a Trump presidency during the campaign were particularly disturbed not just by Trump’s ignorance, but also by the fact that it was accompanied by a certainty that he knew everything he needed to know, despite the fact that he knew virtually nothing.

• mr6666 likes this

#579 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,230 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:00 AM

Bad idea, find someone else, his views are clearly documented. Gingrich had to make an outrageous comment in that Bannon cannot be Anti Semite because he worked in the finance and Hollywood industry. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

http://www.cbsnews.c...he-white-house/

Damn, he looks like Micheal Moore's drinking buddy. :blink:

ap_16281543448823.jpg

#580 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Cineaste

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,095 posts
  • LocationLook Out!

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:04 AM

I just read another article about the behind-the-scenes in-fighting going on in Trump's camp already. One side, led by Rinsed Peanut, wants all establishment Republican choices for cabinet jobs. The other faction, led by Steve Bannon, wants more radical hard-right choices.

Bolton is no longer a done deal as Sec of State. Now Guiliani is being floated for that post, as they want AG to go to Jeff Sessions. I also heard on the radio today that Florida AG Pam Bondi, she of the "bribes for dropping the TrumpU lawsuit", has been made part of the transition team, and will likely have a cabinet position. Florida governor Rick "Voldemort" Scott is also being talked up for a position, and as the former head of a hospital conglomerate responsible for the largest Medicare fraud in US history, he'll fit right in. Others think he may just wait and try to unseat longtime Florida Democrat Bill Nelson from his senate seat in 2018.

An anonymous source inside the transition talks describes them as a "knife fight" and "buffoonery". 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users