We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Future of Democratic Party?

What do Democrats need to do.

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#21 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language & Culture. Defending the Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

fOuyjxjY_bigger.jpeg

Free BeaconVerified account @FreeBeacon 20h20 hours ago

Watch @SenSchumer, Chris Wallace have fiery exchange over Democrats' attempt to block Neil Gorsuch https://goo.gl/rmIM1N 

C-rA9AbVwAAcMvj.jpg

All glory is fleeting. General George Patton 

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American dream does not come to those who fall asleep. Pres. Richard Nixon  

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#22 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

fOuyjxjY_bigger.jpeg

Free BeaconVerified account @FreeBeacon 15h15 hours ago

Indicted Fmr Dem Rep. Corrine Brown Spent Campaign Cash After Primary Loss http://goo.gl/CMR3aD 

C-rymXkXsAA0ibc.jpg

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out as subjects. What they thus lost they have never got back.  H.L. Mencken

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#23 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

I may live badly but at least I don't have to work to do it.

#24 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

You have such tiny vision, Cid.

He's healthy as a horse. 

George Burns lived to be over 100.

As long as he can bellow out his vision for a better America and sign his name - and as long as he chooses a real good running mate for Vice - there's nothing to stop him from being the President in 2020.

The people are with him.

I realize that you probably can't get used to the idea of a 79 year old President. It's happening.

You're saying Sanders will run for the Dem party nomination in 2020 and win it?       Sorry I don't think that will happen.   Not because  Sanders would be too old but because the Dem establishment will do what it takes to ensure that doesn't happen.    I.e. the crooks in the DNC will think up new schemes,  as well as using some of the olds they used in 2016, to ensure Sanders is marginalized.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#25 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

You have such tiny vision, Cid.

He's healthy as a horse. 

George Burns lived to be over 100.

As long as he can bellow out his vision for a better America and sign his name - and as long as he chooses a real good running mate for Vice - there's nothing to stop him from being the President in 2020.

The people are with him.

I realize that you probably can't get used to the idea of a 79 year old President. It's happening.

#26 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

Bernie Sanders will be 79 in Nov. 2020.  While he has contributions to make, his role is not to be a candidate for president.  It that is what Dark is advocating.

As regards what percentage of the Democratic Party may or may not like Sanders, it is irrelevant as far as winning back the local, state and national offices that the Republicans now have a lock upon.

The Democrats must win over the independent voters.

They may like Bernie (heck I like Bernie), but that is not the issue that faces them.

If you cannot win over the independent voters and perhaps some moderate Republicans, the party will never win control at any level.

#27 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Poll shows that 80% of Democratic voters approve of Bernie - and it's driving the Establishment Democrats nuts!

• BelleLeGrand1 likes this

#28 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

inm00S9s_bigger.jpg

Washington ExaminerVerified account @dcexaminer 48m48 minutes ago

Peggy Noonan: Democratic Party "blowing itself up" http://washex.am/2oVFyld 

C-lW46yXYAAtpWy.jpg

• NipkowDisc likes this

#29 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

nf8OCM2A_bigger.jpg

FOX BusinessVerified account @FoxBusiness 16h16 hours ago

Warren, Sanders unhappy by #WallStreet-paid #Obama speech http://fxn.ws/2oR4z09 

C-h0mPjUAAA1niq.jpg

#30 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

#31 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

GgQ90-VM_bigger.jpg

Canada Free Press @canadafreepress 4h4 hours ago

Greedy Grifters Barack & Michelle Obama Robbing Blind the Party That Made Them ... http://tinyurl.com/mwubfe3 

C-ftCjeV0AAHZV5.jpg

#32 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

inm00S9s_bigger.jpg

Washington ExaminerVerified account @dcexaminer 3m3 minutes ago

Pelosi: GOP will have 'doo-doo' on its shoes if Obamacare repeal passes http://washex.am/2pDzmT5 

C-bmMJMXkAEYGes.jpg

#33 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,583 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

fOuyjxjY_bigger.jpeg

Free BeaconVerified account @FreeBeacon 14h14 hours ago

Liberals Slam Obama for Taking $400K From Wall Street http://goo.gl/Kw4ARF 

C-XG5DvXYAA0FSB.jpg

#34 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

As opposed to Trump and most Republicans who get super rich off screwing the little guys, middle class and small businesses out of their money.  And don't forget, we know what Pres. Obama is getting, but Trump and others hide it from us.

The Democrats are the ones who have screwed over the little guys, middle class, poor and businesses. They have continuously raised taxes on them, regulated them, and destroyed them for years. Hillary makes Trump look like Honest Abe by comparison.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#35 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

Obama to be paid $400,000 for Cantor Fitzgerald speech

At the White House Correspondents' Dinner a year ago, President Barack Obama teased Hillary Clinton over her six-figure speeches to Wall Street banks. "If this material goes well, I'll use it at Goldman Sachs next year," he said. "Earn me some serious Tubmans."

Less than 100 days after leaving office, Mr Obama has followed through: accepting a $400,000 speaking fee from Cantor Fitzgerald, the mid-sized investment bank.

On Tuesday a person familiar with the arrangement confirmed that Mr Obama had agreed to appear as the keynote speaker at Cantor's annual healthcare conference in September. The person declined to comment on what the former president might do with his fee, which is nearly twice the $225,000 price commanded by Mrs Clinton during three speeches to Goldman in 2013.

Obama has turned out to be just like Hillary and Sanders, getting rich off of speeches and books. I'm sure he will use all the tax loopholes he helped to create too.

As opposed to Trump and most Republicans who get super rich off screwing the little guys, middle class and small businesses out of their money.  And don't forget, we know what Pres. Obama is getting, but Trump and others hide it from us.

• mr6666 likes this

#36 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

Why would anybody buy a book written by a politician?

What, they don't get enough lies during regular hours?

I have no idea, but some people apparently do buy books by pols.

Presidents and former presidents do well, but below that they

often end up at the two dollar table. Despite that, they keep

churning them out.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#37 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Thank goodness no Republican would ever make speeches or write books for lots of money.

Why would anybody buy a book written by a politician?

What, they don't get enough lies during regular hours?

#38 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,299 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Thank goodness no Republican would ever make

speeches or write books for lots of money.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#39 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Obama to be paid $400,000 for Cantor Fitzgerald speech

At the White House Correspondents' Dinner a year ago, President Barack Obama teased Hillary Clinton over her six-figure speeches to Wall Street banks. "If this material goes well, I'll use it at Goldman Sachs next year," he said. "Earn me some serious Tubmans."

Less than 100 days after leaving office, Mr Obama has followed through: accepting a $400,000 speaking fee from Cantor Fitzgerald, the mid-sized investment bank.

On Tuesday a person familiar with the arrangement confirmed that Mr Obama had agreed to appear as the keynote speaker at Cantor's annual healthcare conference in September. The person declined to comment on what the former president might do with his fee, which is nearly twice the $225,000 price commanded by Mrs Clinton during three speeches to Goldman in 2013.

Obama has turned out to be just like Hillary and Sanders, getting rich off of speeches and books. I'm sure he will use all the tax loopholes he helped to create too.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#40 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Poll shows that 80% of Democratic voters approve of Bernie - and it's driving the Establishment Democrats nuts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users