We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump & International politics

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,764 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

Finally Donny is delivering on the entertainment

I hoped he would provide. Don't stop now dude.

• NipkowDisc likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#182 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,811 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

Dargo,

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump spent most of his time sunning at his hotels and Golf Resorts, why Mike Pence works away in the Oval Office trying to fill all the commands from the bigwigs of the Republican party and Breitbart.

Maybe Mike Pence can get Dick Cheney's Oval Office drapes out of storage.

OH! You mean kind'a like back in the late-'80s and when his financial backers took away control of his financial empire, placed him on a limited budget and used his name-recognition in efforts to keep it all afloat? Yeah, like some sort of a "figurehead" kind'a thing? Yeah, like, say, the way they use that Queen of theirs over in the land of the superfluous-u users?

(...yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see it comin' to somethin' like that at all, Princess baby!!!)

;)

LOL 

• Princess of Tap likes this

#183 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

rodrigo duterte is a good guy with zero-tolerance of drug pushers and whatta the chi-comms gonna do? refuse to send us anymore fried rice and fortune cookies? :lol:

Oh Nippy. Like Trump, you leave me speechless. The last time I was in China, I didn't have any fortune cookies. Just more peanuts than I ever ate in Jimmy Carter's Georgia. 

• NipkowDisc likes this

#184 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,452 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

Donald Trump risks China rift with Taiwan call-

Donald Trump risks opening up a major diplomatic dispute with China before he has even been inaugurated after speaking on the telephone on Friday with Tsai Ing-wen, the president of Taiwan.

The call, confirmed by four people, is believed to be the first between a US president or president-elect and a leader of Taiwan since diplomatic relations between the two were cut in 1979...

“The Chinese leadership will see this as a highly provocative action, of historic proportions,” said Evan Medeiros, former Asia director at the White House national security council, who now heads Asia research at Eurasia Group....

The Philippines government said on Friday that Mr Trump had invited the country’s president, Rodrigo Duterte, to visit the White House next year during a call between the two men.

Since taking office earlier this year, Mr Duterte has threatened to tear up major parts of the military alliance with the US,...

https://www.ft.com/c...1e-a1acd97f622d

:wacko:

rodrigo duterte is a good guy with zero-tolerance of drug pushers and whatta the chi-comms gonna do? refuse to send us anymore fried rice and fortune cookies? :lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#185 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

And no matter what I'm doing when it comes time for her show, I always stop and check-out at least the intro because they are so far-fetched and educational - - you just have to wait and see how she's going to relate that to current events today.

I truly believe she could have been a fine actress if she had not decided to be an advocate journalist.

Yeah... she loves her history. Sometimes the stories don't QUITE fit with the present situation, but they are still fun.

#186 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

Dargo,

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump spent most of his time sunning at his hotels and Golf Resorts, why Mike Pence works away in the Oval Office trying to fill all the commands from the bigwigs of the Republican party and Breitbart.

Maybe Mike Pence can get Dick Cheney's Oval Office drapes out of storage.

#187 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:14 PM

Rachel puts me in stitches. She now has an axe to grind, much as Bill O'Reilly always does when those liberal "secular progressives" refuse to wave The Flag and say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". I love how Rachel begins this piece "Behold the great Kremlin palace" over a shot of the US Capitol building. She is ssssooooo cheeky!

And no matter what I'm doing when it comes time for her show, I always stop and check-out at least the intro because they are so far-fetched and educational - - you just have to wait and see how she's going to relate that to current events today.

I truly believe she could have been a fine actress if she had not decided to be an advocate journalist.

#188 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

Rachel puts me in stitches. She now has an axe to grind, much as Bill O'Reilly always does when those liberal "secular progressives" refuse to wave The Flag and say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". I love how Rachel begins this piece "Behold the great Kremlin palace" over a shot of the US Capitol building. She is ssssooooo cheeky!

• Bogie56 and Princess of Tap like this

#189 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,811 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

Well FIRST, does it really surprise anyone with at least an IQ of over 100 that Donny Boy's first foray into the international diplomatic scene reeks of Eddie Haskell telling Beaver and Wally's mother, "My, Mrs. Cleaver, but you look especially lovely today!"?

And secondly, what does this really matter to all the people who bought into the idea that Donny Boy was going to "make America great again", and considering as most of those types do that "India and Pakistan are way over there on the opposite side of the world". Both countries, which of course, these types would probably find hard to place on a world atlas.

And THIRDLY, well, let's just say that the idea of these various counties' leaders being as gullible as the average American and NOT realizing that Donny Boy's juvenile "glad-handing" to them is just THAT and not realizing that he doesn't really mean anything he says to them IS quite a reach in logic, I'd say.

(...and so what's all this fuss all about again???!!!)

LOL <--yes, once again I'm laughing at my own jokes around here again, people. LIVE WITH IT!!!

LOL...even MORE now!

• LawrenceA likes this

#190 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

All I have to add here is that Trump was the one Putin picked as president. At least we know why.

#191 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,682 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

Donald Trump risks China rift with Taiwan call-

Donald Trump risks opening up a major diplomatic dispute with China before he has even been inaugurated after speaking on the telephone on Friday with Tsai Ing-wen, the president of Taiwan.

The call, confirmed by four people, is believed to be the first between a US president or president-elect and a leader of Taiwan since diplomatic relations between the two were cut in 1979...

“The Chinese leadership will see this as a highly provocative action, of historic proportions,” said Evan Medeiros, former Asia director at the White House national security council, who now heads Asia research at Eurasia Group....

The Philippines government said on Friday that Mr Trump had invited the country’s president, Rodrigo Duterte, to visit the White House next year during a call between the two men.

Since taking office earlier this year, Mr Duterte has threatened to tear up major parts of the military alliance with the US,...

https://www.ft.com/c...1e-a1acd97f622d

:wacko:

• Jlewis, TheCid and LawrenceA like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#192 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Trump’s Breezy Calls to World Leaders Leave Diplomats Aghast-

"In the calls, he voiced admiration for one of the world’s most durable despots, the president of Kazakhstan, and said he hoped to visit a country, Pakistan, that President Obama has steered clear of during nearly eight years in office.
Mr. Trump told the British prime minister, Theresa May, “If you travel to the U.S., you should let me know,” an offhand invitation that came only after he spoke to nine other leaders. He later compounded it by saying on Twitter that Britain should name the anti-immigrant leader Nigel Farage its ambassador to Washington, a startling break with diplomatic protocol...

http://www.nytimes.c...ats-aghast.html

A few days ago I saw a piece on the BBC about Trump demanding that Great Britain appoint Nigel Farage as the British ambassador to the United States.

They were shocked, but at the same time the British government did respond publicly that the position was already taken.

Some Tory cabinet ministers felt that a foreign government should never be in a position to decide who would be the best representative for the United Kingdom.
  • Jlewis likes this

#193 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,682 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

Trump’s Breezy Calls to World Leaders Leave Diplomats Aghast-

"In the calls, he voiced admiration for one of the world’s most durable despots, the president of Kazakhstan, and said he hoped to visit a country, Pakistan, that President Obama has steered clear of during nearly eight years in office.

Mr. Trump told the British prime minister, Theresa May, “If you travel to the U.S., you should let me know,” an offhand invitation that came only after he spoke to nine other leaders. He later compounded it by saying on Twitter that Britain should name the anti-immigrant leader Nigel Farage its ambassador to Washington, a startling break with diplomatic protocol...

http://www.nytimes.c...ats-aghast.html

• TheCid likes this

#194 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,682 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:27 AM

Donald Trump’s Phone Conversation With the Leader of Pakistan Was Reckless and Bizarre-

"...the relationship between India and Pakistan, South Asia’s nuclear-armed nemeses. Any world leader approaching the issue even obliquely must surely see the “Handle With Care” label from miles away, given the possibility of nuclear conflict.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, however, doesn’t seem to have read the memo,...

http://time.com/4587...l-nawaz-sharif/

-Electing a president who doesn’t know what he’s doing carries real consequences.

:blink:

• TheCid and Princess of Tap like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users