We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are They Saying about Donald Trump?

Quotes Twits etc

• Please log in to reply
777 replies to this topic

#1 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,768 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted Today, 02:08 AM

...moved post to the "Taking a Break" thread...

Edited by Dargo, Today, 02:34 AM.

#2 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,768 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted Today, 01:25 AM

I speak French; I don't speak German. And thanks to Hitler I never want to learn it.

As a small child my father wanted us to learn about the Holocaust as soon as possible. And we had to watch those Walter Cronkite documentaries called the 20th Century on World War II.

Seems like each one was just some awful frightening speech by Hitler. They were just horrible; it made me hate the language.

Well, to tell ya the truth here Princess, I, MYSELF, am even beginning to get a little turned off with the ENGLISH language lately, and especially so after every time I see and hear that arrested-developed Trump open HIS pie hole on the TV news this past year!

(...and in HIS case of course, it's NOT just because I never particularly cared for a New York City accent)

LOL

;)

#3 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,098 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 10:51 PM

I speak French; I don't speak German. And thanks to Hitler I never want to learn it.

As a small child my father wanted us to learn about the Holocaust as soon as possible. And we had to watch those Walter Cronkite documentaries called the 20th Century on World War II.

Seems like each one was just some awful frightening speech by Hitler. They were just horrible; it made me hate the language.

I guess that's understandable, though I would never shy away from

learning a language just because a bad man spoke it. That's like

not wanting to learn Russian because Stalin spoke it, but it's an

individual thing. Anyway, Hitler was an Austrian. :)

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#4 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:55 PM

I know it's a minor matter, but the name of the book is Mein Kampf.

#5 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,098 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 PM

I know it's a minor matter, but the name of the book is Mein Kampf. 

• NipkowDisc likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#6 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,435 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 AM

Theresa May condemns far-right views after Donald Trump Charlottesville remarks

Theresa May has joined politicians from the main parties in the UK in criticizing Donald Trump for suggesting there was a moral equivalence between the Charlottesville racist protesters and those campaigning against them.

https://www.theguard...tesville-speech

• film lover 293 likes this

#7 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:05 AM

Van Jones on CNN: Trump "would flunk second grade history. He can't distinguish between George Washington, who was a flawed but great man, and Robert E. Lee, who took up arms against his country."

Let's go one step further with this.

He wanted to use Thomas Jefferson as a second example. Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence.

Adolf Hitler wrote MEIN KAMPH.

Donald Trump doesn't know the difference between

The Declaration of Independence and

MEIN KAMPH.

What kind of crude piece of inhumanity is this man?
  • Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#8 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Van Jones on CNN: Trump "would flunk second grade history.  He can't distinguish between George Washington, who was a flawed but great man, and Robert E. Lee, who took up arms against his country."

• mr6666 and Arturo like this

#9 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

A Charlottesville Pastor has called Trump's Tuesday statement "repugnant" and said "he doesn't possess the gene of empathy".  The Pastor is giving Heather Heyer's (the lady who was killed by the Neo Nazi car driver) eulogy tomorrow.

#10 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,880 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

NPR PoliticsVerified account @nprpolitics

DHSydH7XgAAZbSl.jpg

• Arturo, LawrenceA and film lover 293 like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#11 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

45]HDDcZEYN_bigger.jpgDavid Duke@DrDavidDuke

More

David Duke Retweeted NBC News

Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa

David Duke is a Trump supporter and voter who is a former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and a famous self-avowed white supremist,
anti-Semite and Holocaust Denier.

#12 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,880 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

NBC PoliticsVerified account @NBCPolitics 2h2 hours ago

David Duke tweets support for Trump following the president's latest Charlottesville comments

DHTIC3SVYAApUsm.jpg

#13 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

The Daily Show‏Verified account @TheDailyShow 1h1 hour ago

Today is the day Donald Trump became president of the Confederacy.

That would make Donald Trump the second president of the Confederacy, right after Jefferson Davis.

Look away, look away, look away old Trumpland!

#14 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,880 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

The Daily ShowVerified account @TheDailyShow 1h1 hour ago

Today is the day Donald Trump became president of the Confederacy.

#15 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,880 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

Donald Trump Has Been a Racist All His Life — And He Isn’t Going to Change After Charlottesville-

"........This is Racism 101 from a sitting U.S. president. And it is the stark and undeniable truth, and key context, that is missing from much of the coverage of the political fallout from Charlottesville. Journalists, opinion formers, members of Congress, and members of the public continue to treat Trump as they would any previous president — they expect their head of government to come out and condemn racism with passion, vigor, speed, and sincerity.

But what do you do if the president is himself a long-standing purveyor of racism and xenophobia? What then?...

It is pure fantasy for politicians and pundits to suppose that Trump will ever think or behave as anything other than the bigot he has always been — and, in more recent years, as an apologist for other bigots, too.

We would do well to heed the words of those who have spent decades studying this bizarre president. “Donald is a 70-year-old man,” Trump biographer David Cay Johnston reminded me in the run-up to his inauguration in January. “I’m 67. I’m not going to change and neither is Donald.”

https://theintercept...harlottesville/

#16 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

45]nCJ9BAx6_bigger.jpegDan PfeifferVerified account @danpfeiffer

More

If Trump really meant what he said, he would fire his staffers that nurtured the White Nationalism that led to the Charlottesville incident

45]wnSl3yXF_bigger.jpegNancy PelosiVerified account @NancyPelosi

More

If @realDonaldTrump is sincere about rejecting alt-right white supremacists sympathizers, he should start at the White House. #FireBannon

#17 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

45]nCJ9BAx6_bigger.jpegDan PfeifferVerified account @danpfeiffer

More

If Trump really meant what he said, he would fire his staffers that nurtured the White Nationalism that led to the Charlottesville incident

45]wnSl3yXF_bigger.jpegNancy PelosiVerified account @NancyPelosi

More

If @realDonaldTrump is sincere about rejecting alt-right white supremacists sympathizers, he should start at the White House. #FireBannon

#18 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Y'know, after reading that I went back and re-read my post FIVE TIMES!

And NOWHERE in it did I notice that I EVER suggested IGNORING it.  I only suggested it would have been best if the "counter protesters" AVOIDED any physical confrontations that could get(and did) highly violent.  You can BET that there'd be plenty of nitwits blaming all the injuries and that poor woman's death on THEM instead of the bigoted dung brains that DID start the violence.  I've already heard some doing so.

Sepiatone

I believe Bogie was saying that the government should NOT ignore it.  

As for the counter-protesters;  I already posted that my advise to them would be to just ignore these white hate groups.  I.e.   let them have their rally and do NOT attend.   In most cases those that protest are doing so because they have little to no political power.   They are losing on the political front and all they have in their bag of tricks is to protest.   These protest will not change the political landscape.   E.g. the protest by illegal immigrants don't influence the actions of the Feds. 

This is the case with these white hate groups;  The monuments are coming down and protests are NOT going to change the views of the government authorities that voted to remove them (or the voters that elected these authorities).    To me a counter protest is only useful when the legal decisions are still 'up in the air'.

My friends and I did the same with regards to SSM;  when this was still illegal,  I protested and joined counter protests,  but once the SC ruled that SSM was legal in every state,   there wasn't any need to counter protest.   .    Some wacko religious groups still protested but we decided to just ignore these fools.   We won, they lost.

• Sepiatone likes this

#19 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,601 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

And NOWHERE in it did I notice that I EVER suggested IGNORING it.  I only suggested it would have been best if the "counter protesters" AVOIDED any physical confrontations that could get(and did) highly violent.  You can BET that there'd be plenty of nitwits blaming all the injuries and that poor woman's death on THEM instead of the bigoted dung brains that DID start the violence.  I've already heard some doing so.

Sepiatone

I posted a similar question on The Triumph of Trump thread and got royally chewed about by a couple of people so far.

I commend Lindsay Graham for his statement on this situation, but Lindsay says a lot that never really gets anywhere.  He likes to be on TV almost as much as Trump did before the election.

#20 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,753 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Nazis take to your streets armed with shields and batons and the right thing to do is to ignore that?  No way.

Tell me, how would Trump and American have reacted if radical Muslim groups decided to exercise their right of free speech and descended upon some nice town and called for the overthrow of the white government?

It is perhaps time that the U.S. government put these white supremacist groups on the terror list and see to it that they are disbanded.  Don't count on Jeff Sessions to do that though.

Sepiatone

• TheCid likes this

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users