We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are They Saying about Donald Trump?

Quotes Twits etc

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

#321 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

SSM should never have been condoned. the scotus is concerned with what is allowable legally based on some constitutional grounds. pursuit of happiness and all that but god's laws are certainly higher than man's laws and so I am guided by the former.

I would not actively seek to ban anything that is made legal by misguided human reasoning. even jesus said to render unto caesar the things which are caesar's.

if some temporal edict conflicts with god's laws then the proper moral choice is what is required by God from the individual.

jesus never directly or indirectly challenged the temporal authority of judea under roman rule so why should I challenge scotus rulings?

the world is what it is and will be dealt with by God and Jesus Christ at some later future time. :D

I know you are stubborn in your views. This essay will not change them, but be brave and read it anyway.

http://www.religious...g/ashford01.htm

http://www.religious...g/ashford02.htm

http://www.religious...g/ashford03.htm

Let's hope that IF there is a God and he so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son to forgive mankind that the "sins" involving pleasure and no pain on self and others AND involve an act of l-o-v-e are not judged in the same way as the "sins" that cause pain and suffering on others. Sadly many, MANY conservative religious politicians are doing the latter with increasing frequency and it will be interesting to see how they will be judged by the higher being they accept as their supreme authority.

• TheCid likes this

#322 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

32) "On National Security, I'm literally praying that the Trump transition gets better than it is right now."

Rachel Maddow,MSNBC, 12/19/16
  • TheCid likes this

#323 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

Highway - -

You were a Carnival Barker? Did you have to sing like Gordon MacRae in Carousel? You must have a lot of stories to tell.

#324 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

"Donald Trump is the walking, talking, tweeting embodiment of the decline of the American century. Narcissistic, solipsistic, greedy, irresponsible, emotionally weak, fatally thin-skinned, proudly and willfully ignorant about anything not in his immediate orbit. He's every bad facet of the American character, bundled up into one over-weight & over-stimulated carnival barker. Let the show begin."

Me, just now.

I take that as an insult, I was a over-stimulated carnival barker for a few years, back in the 1970's. I owned two High-Strikers.
5641773303_66a606e791_z.jpg

• Jlewis and LawrenceA like this

#325 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,684 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:39 PM

Really???   I believe you're lying since  you asked Larry:

"but would you accept the scotus approving of pedophilia and bestiality?

I dare anybody to answer that in the affirmative".

By 'approving' you must mean the SC allowing an activity to be LEGAL or NOT because the court is NOT in the business of providing a moral opinion.

By equating pedophile and bestiality,  which you clearly believe should be banned (I think they should as well) with SSM,  that means your point was that the SC should ALSO ban SSM.      

So either you're a phony and a liar OR you have changed your mind on if SSM should be banned;  which is it????

SSM should never have been condoned. the scotus is concerned with what is allowable legally based on some constitutional grounds. pursuit of happiness and all that but god's laws are certainly higher than man's laws and so I am guided by the former.

I would not actively seek to ban anything that is made legal by misguided human reasoning. even jesus said to render unto caesar the things which are caesar's.

if some temporal edict conflicts with god's laws then the proper moral choice is what is required by God from the individual.

jesus never directly or indirectly challenged the temporal authority of judea under roman rule so why should I challenge scotus rulings?

the world is what it is and will be dealt with by God and Jesus Christ at some later future time. :D

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#326 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Grump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,706 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

"Donald Trump is the walking, talking, tweeting embodiment of the decline of the American century. Narcissistic, solipsistic, greedy, irresponsible, emotionally weak, fatally thin-skinned, proudly and willfully ignorant about anything not in his immediate orbit. He's every bad facet of the American character, bundled up into one over-weight & over-stimulated carnival barker. Let the show begin."

Me, just now.

• mr6666, Jlewis, TheCid and 3 others like this

#327 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

“Other presidents are not like this cat,” he said. “George Bush hated me and I didn’t like him, but no matter how bad they were, all the Republicans ― it was like a glass-bottomed boat. ‘I’m looking at those sharks, but they can’t really get me.’ And now I feel like the shark can get me. Or anybody.”

-Bill Maher

http://www.huffingto...b03904470961e3?

Bill Maher on Trump and religion:

"Donald Trump is his own God. Let's be real about this. His God is him. I mean... you can't really be a person of faith if you think you are the most important person on the universe... so I don't think he gives it [religion] any thought. I don't think he gives abstract things thought like that."

• mr6666, TheCid and Princess of Tap like this

#328 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

“Other presidents are not like this cat,” he said. “George Bush hated me and I didn’t like him, but no matter how bad they were, all the Republicans ― it was like a glass-bottomed boat. ‘I’m looking at those sharks, but they can’t really get me.’ And now I feel like the shark can get me. Or anybody.”

-Bill Maher

http://www.huffingto...b03904470961e3?

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#329 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:23 PM

27) " Trump is a degenerate loser. He will fail miserably and his credulous supporters will be making excuses for him until they, too, run out of patience.

The best thing Americans can do is to vigorously protect the freedoms and institutions that already make America great--

Our Constitution, our ideas, our diverse population, our beautiful lands, our culture and history, our educational institutions etc.

Trump cannot destroy those things if we don't let him."

ElrodinTennessee, Washington Post, online comments, 12/18/16 for " Trump is stoking his base...", 12/17/16

#330 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

(Trump) "He doesn't know much, but one thing he does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."

Former President Bill Clinton

The Bedford-Pound Ridge Record Review, 12/16/16

So if Bill's comment rooted in fear? 

Here is what Michelle Obama had to say about the 'angry black women' label:

"That was one of those things that you just sort of think, dang, you don't even know me, you know?" she told Winfrey. "You just sort of feel like, Wow, where did that come from?"

"You think, that is so not me! But then you sort of think, well, this isn't about me," she went on. "This is about the person or the people who write it."

#331 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

26) (Trump) "He doesn't know much, but one thing he does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."

Former President Bill Clinton

The Bedford-Pound Ridge Record Review, 12/16/16

#332 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

the Chinese newspaper Global Times wrote in an editorial on Monday. "He bears no sense of how to lead a superpower."

Even the U.S. military did not use the term "steal" to describe the move by the Chinese navy. Trump's second tweet makes people worry that he will treat China-U.S. relations as child's play.

Now people don't know if Trump is engaged in a psychological war with China or he is just unprofessional, even though he will be sworn in soon."

http://www.commondre...lead-superpower

#333 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:28 PM

“Donald Trump is the grizzly bear in The Revenant,” Newt Gingrich told the crowd at a Heritage Foundation event on Tuesday. “If you get his attention, he will get awake … he will walk over, bite your face off, and sit on you.”

During the hour-long speech, Gingrich touted Trump’s propensity for violating campaign norms: how the president-elect used Twitter and Facebook to speak directly to voters; and how, at his campaign events, he peddled Trump wine, Trump water, Trump steaks. “Yeah, he once went bankrupt, but he’s gonna kick over the table,” Gingrich said. “[He’s] been married three times? Yeah, but he’s gonna kick over the table.”

https://www.theatlan...tm_source=atlfb

#334 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

Intelligence Expert Explains Why Donald Trump is the Perfect KGB Recruit-

Sound familiar? Malcolm Nance described the kind of person the KGB sought out to manipulate, "This is who the KGB targeted for recruitment. Egocentric people, who lack moral principles, who are either too greedy or who suffer from exaggerated self importance. These are the people KGB wants and finds easiest to recruit."

:lol:

:ph34r:

• TheCid and Princess of Tap like this

#335 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

22) NATIONAL   JOSH SHEPHERD   DEC 6, 2016   |   5:33PM    WASHINGTON, DC

Martin Luther King Jr.'s niece has just endorsed Donald Trump, noting his "plan for urban communities is promising"

#336 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

Taking a moment during this thread on what OTHERS say about Trump with a compilation of Trumpisms coming from his own eloquent mouth. These quotes date from June 2015 through May 2016 BEFORE he won the Republican ticket. Let's hope Trump "brings America together" just as successfully as he did the Republican party.

A sampling of some of his most fondly remembered and most heartfelt twitter comments, the kind that makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside and so proud he represents the country I live in:

November 6, 2012... this was a while back and surely he must be joking. Right?

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

November 25, 2014:

Sadly, because President Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won't see another black president for generations!

April 27, 2015, not quite two months before entering the race

Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.

May 24, 2015: Holidays are not complete without Trump, but only celebrate if you are a winner

I would like to wish everyone, including all haters and losers (of which, sadly, there are many) a truly happy and enjoyable Memorial Day!

June 26, 2015... on account of gay marriage being legalized nationally instead of just certain states

Once again the Bush appointed Supreme Court Justice John Roberts has let us down. Jeb pushed him hard! Remember!

July 6, 2015

#JebBush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife

October 15, 2015

The arrogant young woman who questioned me in such a nasty fashion at No Labels yesterday was a Jeb staffer! HOW CAN HE BEAT RUSSIA & CHINA?

November 4, 2015: saying goodbye to his rival with a swastika included in a montage of images

Adios JEB aka JOSE

November 22, 2015: a retweet of some startling statistics that only a brainy candidate like Trump can research:

USA Crime statistics

Blacks killed by police 1%

Whites killed by police 1%

Whites killed by whites 16%

Whites killed by blacks 81%

Blacks killed by blacks 97%

November 25, 2015

I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY & @realDonaldTrump IS RIGHT: MUSLIMS DID CELEBRATE ON 9/11 HERE! WE SAW IT!

December 6, 2015

Obama said in his speech that Muslims are our sports heroes. What sport is he talking about and who? Is Obama profiling?

February 23, 2016: one conservative right-winger versus another conservative right-winger

Ted Cruz lifts the Bible high into the air and then lies like a dog-over and over again! The Evangelicals in S.C. figured him out & said no!

February 25, 2016

Mitt Romney, who was one of the dumbest and worst candidates in the history of Republican politics, is now pushing me on tax returns. Dope!

March 5, 2016: attacking the network that fed him the most...

I am watching two clown announcers on @FoxNews as they try to build up failed presidential candidate #LittleMarco. Fox News is in the bag!

June 12, 2016 after the Pulse mass shooting in Orlando.

Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!

July 25, 2016

The new joke in town is that Russia leaked the disastrous DNC e-mails, which should never have been written (stupid), because Putin likes me

September 30, 2016

Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) Alicia M become a U.S. citizen so she could use her in the debate?

October 9, 2016

I'm not proud of my locker room talk. But this world has serious problems. We need serious leaders. #debate #BigLeagueTruth

November 27, 2016

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

December 7, 2016

Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers. No wonder companies flee country!

December 15, 2016

If Russia, or some other entity, was hacking, why did the White House wait so long to act? Why did they only complain after Hillary lost?

#337 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,004 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

When Trump stops whining, we'll stop whining.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#338 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

21) On Wednesday, Arnold Schwarzenegger appeared on NBC’s morning show, Today, and told Americans to “stop whining” about Donald Trump being elected and urged the nation to support him.

“Now he’s elected, and now it is very important that we all support the president, and that we all come together and we stop whining and it becomes one nation,” the former California governor told Matt Lauer.

“As Obama said years ago,” he continued, “it’s not blue states, and red states, it’s the United States.”

To me his comments reek of immaturity.

I guess it all comes down to how one defines 'support'.     If by 'support' one means supporting polices decisions that would be insane and flat out wrong.    Of course the GOP didn't support Obama on many issues and that is what they were put in office to do. 

Same goes for Dems now.   No way they should 'support' Trump or his admin when they have policy POVs that are vastly difference than theirs.

Bottom line is that people have different POVs and of course it is the winning side that is always trying to guilt the losing side with 'lets come together'  (which is just code for 'don't get in my way!).

• mr6666 and Jlewis like this

#339 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:30 PM

21) On Wednesday, Arnold Schwarzenegger appeared on NBC’s morning show, Today, and told Americans to “stop whining” about Donald Trump being elected and urged the nation to support him.

“Now he’s elected, and now it is very important that we all support the president, and that we all come together and we stop whining and it becomes one nation,” the former California governor told Matt Lauer.

“As Obama said years ago,” he continued, “it’s not blue states, and red states, it’s the United States.”

• NipkowDisc likes this

#340 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

I doan myself believe in banning anything just pointing out that it is morally wrong.

nothing more and nothing less. :D

Really???   I believe you're lying since  you asked Larry:

"but would you accept the scotus approving of pedophilia and bestiality?

I dare anybody to answer that in the affirmative".

By 'approving' you must mean the SC allowing an activity to be LEGAL or NOT because the court is NOT in the business of providing a moral opinion.

By equating pedophile and bestiality,  which you clearly believe should be banned (I think they should as well) with SSM,  that means your point was that the SC should ALSO ban SSM.      

So either you're a phony and a liar OR you have changed your mind on if SSM should be banned;  which is it????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users