We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are They Saying about Donald Trump?

Quotes Twits etc

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#21 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

What a completely appropriate analogy.

13bcaf39f26f7dcc4bbbbfd3ef0ae577.jpg

"I think the man should be in a home, quite honestly. He's as crazy as a hoot," said the 86 year-old father of James Comey yesterday to CNN, in describing Donald Trump.

J. Brien Comey continued:

"I think he (Trump) should be impeached immediately--yesterday. He's a very incompetent guy; he's out of his League."

Mr. Comey also stated that he had been for Ohio Governor John Kasich during the Republican primary, so he did not vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton.
  • Arturo likes this

#22 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

:lol: even I think that's funny.

Well if it wasn't so pathetically true, it might be funny.
  • Princess of Tap likes this

#23 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

jLSYe7c.jpg

:lol: even I think that's funny.

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#24 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

PBS Newshour political columnist Mark Shields today characterized Donald Trump in this way ( to paraphrase)--

George Washington was the president who could not tell a lie;

Richard Nixon was the president who could not tell the truth and

Donald Trump is the president who cannot tell the difference.
  • TikiSoo, Arturo, LawrenceA and 1 other like this

#25 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

"The man who coauthored “Art of the Deal” with Donald Trump ― a book often cited on the campaign trail last year ― said the president will soon look for a way out of all of his administration’s scandals.

“There is no right and wrong for Trump, there’s winning and losing,” Tony Schwartz told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “And right now, he is in pure terror that he is going to lose.”

Schwartz predicted that Trump would ultimately “lose,” but said he won’t go through an impeachment process. 

“I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time he’s going to have to figure out a way to resign,” Schwartz said in comments posted online by Mediaite. But in quitting, Trump will try to “figure out a way, as he has done all his career, to turn a loss into a victory so he will declare victory when he leaves.”....

http://www.huffingto...ource=main_fb

-there's ALWAYS "stepping down for the good of the country"
(more plausible than " wants to spend more time w/family'' or "For health reasons" :lol:

:blink:

Spending time with the family won't fly....he's got most of them working with him in th WH.....as equally unqualified for the job as he is.

#26 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

Jim Bakker: Making Fun Of Trump Is The ‘Spirit Of The Antichrist’

Disgraced televangelist said the first horseman of the Apocalypse is here.

http://www.huffingto...n=us_weird-news

I wasn't aware Jim Bakker was still alive.

According to Wikipedia, the first horseman is either Conguest or Pestilence, depending upon the source.

I don't understand where making fun of Trump is either one?

Of course, Bakker's theological training/experience may be different from other people's.

#27 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,148 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

"The man who coauthored “Art of the Deal” with Donald Trump ― a book often cited on the campaign trail last year ― said the president will soon look for a way out of all of his administration’s scandals.

“There is no right and wrong for Trump, there’s winning and losing,” Tony Schwartz told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “And right now, he is in pure terror that he is going to lose.”

Schwartz predicted that Trump would ultimately “lose,” but said he won’t go through an impeachment process. 

“I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time he’s going to have to figure out a way to resign,” Schwartz said in comments posted online by Mediaite. But in quitting, Trump will try to “figure out a way, as he has done all his career, to turn a loss into a victory so he will declare victory when he leaves.”....

http://www.huffingto...ource=main_fb

-there's ALWAYS "stepping down for the good of the country"

(more plausible than " wants to spend more time w/family'' or "For health reasons" :lol:

:blink:

• TheCid likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#28 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,980 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

jLSYe7c.jpg

• Arturo, TheCid, Bogie56 and 5 others like this

#29 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

I wasn't either-- but I remember it was Tammy who died in that well-televised cancer case, a long time ago.

Jim Bakker's never been emotionally stable.

#30 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,349 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

• film lover 293 likes this

#31 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

If he ain't going nowhere its cuz he's afraid to take his overseas trip and deal with Israel and Syria. Or his staff is afraid what gaffes he might say while over there. Or he might cancel to try to put out the fires he's lit over here. The jerk is a regular arsonist.

when trump outperforms obama by neutralizing that fat ugly little north korean bleep then all will be forgotten.

#32 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

All you need are a couple of the Senate schtoozes to break ranks, and independent prosecutors may be appointed, subpoenas may be issued, prosecutions of real crimes may happen. Call em schtoozes all you want, they can help unravel this presidency almost as much as Trump is.

It gets legally technical.  A special prosecutor is appointed by the president or the attorney general.  The AG can also fire said prosector.  Trump or Sessions.

The House or Senate can create special (select) committees to investigate, such as the Benghazi Inquisition, err, Select Committee. Longest, most expensive special or select committee in US history.

Of course, Paul Ryan of Mitch McConnell with acquiesence of Republicans will appoint chair, etc.  All would be dominated and controlled by Republicans.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#33 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

All you need are a couple of the Senate schtoozes to break ranks, and independent prosecutors may be appointed, subpoenas may be issued, prosecutions of real crimes may happen. Call em schtoozes all you want, they can help unravel this presidency almost as much as Trump is.

I agree but I doan think the democrats at this juncture can really help themselves.

once people like schumer and durbin start pouring out the hate, I think they will turn off GOP senators they will need.

they might even turn off susan collins. :lol:

#34 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

is schtootz is a schtootz. :D

#35 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

okay, now I'm gonna tell ya what nipkowdisc is saying about donald trump.

he ain't goin' nowheres.

heaps of ado about nuthin'.

but it makes the cable news pundits happy.

"never try to come between us, ya smart-eyed slob. we're stickin' "
 -humphrey bogart, the desperate hours

If he ain't going nowhere its cuz he's afraid to take his overseas trip and deal with Israel and Syria. Or his staff is afraid what gaffes he might say while over there. Or he might cancel to try to put out the fires he's lit over here. The jerk is a regular arsonist.

#36 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

NipkowDisc--McCain is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.  Consider that. :)

is schtootz is a schtootz. :D

#37 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

NipkowDisc--McCain is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.  Consider that. :)

• Arturo likes this

#38 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

Hibi--Depends what polling firm does the polling.  MorningConsult does the politico.com poll, and politico has said for the past two months MC has significantly higher Pro-Trump ratings than other polling firms.  Considering that, it's interesting that MC's monthly poll shows Trump voters are beginning to desert him.  Let's see what the Gallop (sp?) Poll numbers are for Trump.

NipkowDisc--read what Republican Congressional leaders are saying about Trump.  McCain is comparing Trump's situation to Watergate and talking Impeachment. :)

mccain is a schtootz.

#39 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Hibi--Depends what polling firm does the polling.  MorningConsult does the politico.com poll, and politico has said for the past two months MC has significantly higher Pro-Trump ratings than other polling firms.  Considering that, it's interesting that MC's monthly poll shows Trump voters are beginning to desert him.  Let's see what the Gallop (sp?) Poll numbers are for Trump.

NipkowDisc--read what Republican Congressional leaders are saying about Trump.  McCain is comparing Trump's situation to Watergate and talking Impeachment. :)

#40 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:08 AM

Trump approval rating hits new low, 42%--and disapproval rating ties record high, 50%.

Trump is losing his core voters approval.

Poll was conducted last Fri. through Sun., before this weeks' bombshells.  Link:

http://www.politico....l-rating-238457

I thought DUMP was in the 30s several months ago???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users