We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are They Saying about Donald Trump?

Quotes Twits etc

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#41 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

Leo Hickman‏ @LeoHickman

Reports in both New Yorker & NYT that thing that tipped Trump to reject Paris Agreement was Macron's boast about his death-grip handshake

:lol: :lol:

It's all about his flipping ego.  The U.S.A. and the World be damned.

• Arturo and TheCid like this

#42 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

Leo Hickman @LeoHickman

Reports in both New Yorker & NYT that thing that tipped Trump to reject Paris Agreement was Macron's boast about his death-grip handshake

:lol: :lol:

• Arturo and LawrenceA like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#43 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Chris Murphy @ChrisMurphyCT

My god. @POTUS has no idea that the goal of terrorists is to instill a level of fear in the public disproportionate to the actual threat. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/871328428963901440 

8:37 AM - 4 Jun 2017

Jack Blanchard @Jack_Blanchard_

Corbyn now tearing into @realDonaldTrump too. Labour leader says Trump has "neither the sense nor the grace" to respond in the right way

1:16 PM - 4 Jun 2017

George Eaton @georgeeaton

Trump's tweets on London a good example of why "the special relationship" can't continue as before. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/871328428963901440 

7:04 AM - 4 Jun 2017

J.K. Rowling @jk_rowling

It's called 'leadership', Donald. The terrorists were dead 8 minutes after police got the call. If we need an alarmist blowhard, we'll call. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871328428963901440 

• Arturo, TheCid, LawrenceA and 1 other like this

#44 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,364 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Trump has displayed incredible cowardice (or typical Trump behavior) in that he will not even answer a basic question posed to him by the America public - do you believe in climate change and is man partially responsible for it.
None of his surrogates would answer it either (fear of the boss, meaning Bannon) that is until Nikki Haley (women!) told Jake Tapper today that Trump does believe in it (or whatever else is written down on the paper in front of him). So, what about all that BS about it being a Chinese hoax ("I'm hearing things, a lot of people are saying...") ? The man is an utter buffoon (yes) who either doesn't know a bloody thing (Yes!) or cannot be caught out in his pathological lies (YES!!!). Is he in hiding (golfing, naturally)? And he's in charge of America (would some other country vote for that jackass?)? My God (He gave up a while ago). Sad (but true)!

BTW--According to a former Editor of Jared Kushner's newspaper,
*The New York Observer,

Kushner told his staff that Trump did not believe in the Birther claim that he promoted to the American public

- - that President Obama was not born in the United States--

and that Trump only used it to ingratiate himself with the Republican Party, whose members he characterized as "stupid".

Source: Newsweek, May 30, 2017

* Reportedly Kushner divested himself of his financial interest in the New York Observer before he joined the White House staff as an advisor to the president.
  • Arturo likes this

#45 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

Yes,  Trump is doing much harm to the environment and since environmental issues are one of my primary concerns (e.g. a politicians stance on this is key to me),    I'm very unhappy about that. 

To me the bigger political picture is if the Dems can take back the House because of what Trump is doing to the environment as well as his blunders in other areas.      But with that Clinton meltdown I just don't know if the Dems can get it together as a party. 

One aspect of the Democratic Party is that it is not the monolithic organization many believe it to be.  Probably never has been.  It has been most successful when it appealed to a broad spectrum of social, economic and political groups.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. Will Rogers

#46 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,364 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

45]QCKVW-2F_bigger.jpgJosh DawseyVerified account @jdawsey1

CNN chyron: "President's spokesman says he can't speak for president"

#47 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

Yes,  Trump is doing much harm to the environment and since environmental issues are one of my primary concerns (e.g. a politicians stance on this is key to me),    I'm very unhappy about that. 

To me the bigger political picture is if the Dems can take back the House because of what Trump is doing to the environment as well as his blunders in other areas.      But with that Clinton meltdown I just don't know if the Dems can get it together as a party. 

As bad as Trump's anti-climate change moves are it doesn't hold a candle to what George W. Bush did in his presidency which no one seemed to pay any attention to.  If you like horror stories I would highly recommend Robert F. Kennedy Jr's book.  Every page makes you want to cringe ...

Crimes Against Nature: How George W. Bush and His Corporate Pals Are Plundering the Country and Hijacking Our Democracy
  • Arturo likes this

#48 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:10 PM

Meanwhile he is reversing pollutant regulations and cutting all spending toward climate change solutions as of right now.

• ChristineHoard likes this

#49 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

Well the media and the Dem talking heads are making this accord sound like one of the most important deals EVER.  While it might not be a big enough deal for Dems to win Congressional seats it should be enough,  when added to all the other crap the Trump admin will have done that is clearly horrible for most citizens,  to defeat Trump (or his GOP replacement) in 2020.

Anyhow, I just found out that the Trump admin is going to follow the 'opt-out' time frame outline in the accord, which take 4 years.  Therefore the USA will still be part of this accord when the 2020 election occurs.   

Meanwhile he is reversing pollutant regulations and cutting all spending toward climate change solutions as of right now.

• mr6666 and Arturo like this

#50 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

I support the accords, but as for the Dems regaining control of the country and the states and local governments, this is not a major issue for the people who vote.  Sad, but true.

The Dems hope is that they can focus on what used to be called the meat and potato issues.  Jobs, the economy, public safety, national defense, etc. 

Well the media and the Dem talking heads are making this accord sound like one of the most important deals EVER.  While it might not be a big enough deal for Dems to win Congressional seats it should be enough,  when added to all the other crap the Trump admin will have done that is clearly horrible for most citizens,  to defeat Trump (or his GOP replacement) in 2020.

Anyhow, I just found out that the Trump admin is going to follow the 'opt-out' time frame outline in the accord, which take 4 years.  Therefore the USA will still be part of this accord when the 2020 election occurs.   

#51 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

This is what the world is saying about the man who said he was going to make America grew again:

"The world took Trump as a comedy –but he’s turned into a horror show"

https://www.theguard...sickening-twist

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#52 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

And the world will not end due to climate change before 2020.   Therefore the USA should be able to rejoin the Paris accords once there is new leadership in DC.     Since the vast majority of people in the USA are for this accord,  the Dems should be able to use this event, as well as other Trump admin disasters,  to make major gains in 2018 and 2020 (including of course replacing Trump).

I believe that is where Reich is going from.    But I don't see much optimism from the 24\7 anti-Trump folks here. 

I support the accords, but as for the Dems regaining control of the country and the states and local governments, this is not a major issue for the people who vote.  Sad, but true.

The Dems hope is that they can focus on what used to be called the meat and potato issues.  Jobs, the economy, public safety, national defense, etc. 

#53 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

"Donald Trump doesn’t know anything about policy. Donald Trump doesn’t know anything about politics. Donald Trump doesn’t know anything about anything.

“Donald Trump doesn’t know anything about policy. Donald Trump doesn’t know anything about politics. Donald Trump doesn’t know anything about anything,” he continued. “You listen to him talk about any topic, and he wanders from sentence to sentence.”

“Steve Bannon is now the president of the United States and that was more clear yesterday than ever before,” he added.

-Joe Scarborough

http://www.huffingto...4b0c242ca2344ab

• Arturo, TheCid and ChristineHoard like this

#54 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

Resistance Report @resist_report 2h2 hours ago

Germany’s biggest paper just unleashed on Trump over climate like only Germany can http://resistancereport.com/world/spiegel-germany-trump/ 

DBVV-EHUwAAPkXw.jpg

#55 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

Trump and the EPA are also reversing smokestack emission controls and reneging on the 4 billion that was allocated to help fight climate change - immediately.  They seem content to rest on the laurels of what has been done by previous administrations which unfortunately, like it or not, is not enough to slow climate change.

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#56 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Trump will be in office until Jan. 2021 - at least.  The Republicans will control Congress and most state governments at least until 2021, if not longer.

And the world will not end due to climate change before 2020.   Therefore the USA should be able to rejoin the Paris accords once there is new leadership in DC.     Since the vast majority of people in the USA are for this accord,  the Dems should be able to use this event, as well as other Trump admin disasters,  to make major gains in 2018 and 2020 (including of course replacing Trump).

I believe that is where Reich is going from.    But I don't see much optimism from the 24\7 anti-Trump folks here. 

#57 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

"It should come as no surprise - and it has not - that he is sorely lacking in sophistication, knowledge of the world, understanding of government and a rudimentary grasp of economics.

Sitting atop arguably the great resource on the planet - the body of knowledge retained by American government experts on everything from economics to medicine to military history - he remains blissfully ignorant on a range of subjects.

He surrounds himself with dim yes men who know little more than he and, in any event, tremble at the prospect of correcting their “Dear Leader.” But sometimes you wonder whether Trump is just, well, dumb......

http://www.independe...d=facebook-post

:lol: :blink:

I'm not wondering.

• Arturo, ChristineHoard and LawrenceA like this

#58 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

"It should come as no surprise - and it has not - that he is sorely lacking in sophistication, knowledge of the world, understanding of government and a rudimentary grasp of economics.

Sitting atop arguably the great resource on the planet - the body of knowledge retained by American government experts on everything from economics to medicine to military history - he remains blissfully ignorant on a range of subjects.

He surrounds himself with dim yes men who know little more than he and, in any event, tremble at the prospect of correcting their “Dear Leader.” But sometimes you wonder whether Trump is just, well, dumb......

http://www.independe...d=facebook-post

:lol: :blink:

• Arturo, TheCid, Bogie56 and 2 others like this

#59 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

who is Reich to peddle false hope?
:lol:

Trump is the one giving real hope of being removed from office, with his every action, utterance and tweet.
  • mr6666 and film lover 293 like this

#60 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

Robert Reich‏Verified account @RBReich 52m52 minutes ago

A short message to the rest of the world:

DBQ2qLlUMAAPqkO.jpg

Trump will be in office until Jan. 2021 - at least.  The Republicans will control Congress and most state governments at least until 2021, if not longer.

• NipkowDisc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users