We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are They Saying about Donald Trump?

Quotes Twits etc

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#41 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

Instead we've got a weak scam artist.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#42 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

Democrats keep on hinting that a number of Republicans are getting fed up.  But not enough backbone front eh GOP to go public about it as yet.

Guess we can hope, but I just remember how all the many virulently anti-Trump Republicans caved when he became the nominee, if not before.

#43 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Democrats keep on hinting that a number of Republicans are getting fed up.  But not enough backbone front eh GOP to go public about it as yet.

desperate schtootzes just whistling past the donny.

they got nuthin'. :D

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#44 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

Doesn't matter.  99.9% of Republicans fully supported Trump once he became the nominee.  Almost every member of the Senate Republicans have voted for his nominees.

Huge number of Republicans said terrible things about Trump, how unqualified he was, how dangerous he was, etc. before he became the nominee.  Now they all support him as president.

Democrats keep on hinting that a number of Republicans are getting fed up.  But not enough backbone from the GOP to go public about it as yet.

#45 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

After the firing of FBI Director Comey, reportedly some prominent Republican Trump supporters have described Donald Trump as--

" Richard Nixon on steroids".

And have reiterated, "This guy scares me."--

According to David Ignatius - - Associate Editor of the Washington Post.

Ignatius sums it up--
" A lot of people are scared and wonder how do we get out of this?"

Source: CBS, Face the Nation, May 14, 2017

Doesn't matter.  99.9% of Republicans fully supported Trump once he became the nominee.  Almost every member of the Senate Republicans have voted for his nominees.

Huge number of Republicans said terrible things about Trump, how unqualified he was, how dangerous he was, etc. before he became the nominee.  Now they all support him as president.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#46 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

After the firing of FBI Director Comey, reportedly some prominent Republican Trump supporters have described Donald Trump as--

Ignatius sums it up--

meanwhile north korea after firing an ICBM that went 400 miles up and now says they can hit the U.S. mainland...

I'd be scared if we had a weak schtootz or schtootzette in the WH like obama or hillary. :)

• JakeHolman likes this

#47 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

Ignatius sums it up--

#48 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

WaPo "claims that even President Donald Trump’s most trusted aides and confidants are “bewildered and alarmed” by his recent behavior.

One GOP insider fretted that the president appears to be “in the grip of some kind of paranoid delusion” as he thrashes around for someone to blame for the tsunami of criticism generated by his abrupt firing of FBI Director James Comey....

“Trump is in some ways like a pilot opting to fly a plane through heavy turbulence then blaming the flight attendants when the passengers get jittery.”...

“Trump is so unsophisticated about government, and he lacks even basic knowledge about how the government functions, of what the unwritten but very important rules and traditions are. His attitude toward all those things is they don’t matter:...

http://www.rawstory....anoid-delusion/

• Arturo and Princess of Tap like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#49 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,705 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

I recommend Charles Krauthammer commentary about the Trump firing of Comey;  This political ax murder leaves very little mystery. 

Charles,  who was a frequent guest on the O'Reilly show and other Fox programs,  is of course very conservative,  but when it comes to Trump,  he is willing to buck the party line.

PS:  MR6666 referenced this commentary before I did at another Trump thread. 

#50 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

HS coming from someone who cannot function objectively.

I assume you are referring to yourself.
  • NipkowDisc, LawrenceA and film lover 293 like this

#51 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

“It’s just another one of his fantasies that he is putting out before the public,” Sen. Dick Durbin said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“I think we ought to get to the bottom line here:

President Trump is dangerous. Dangerous because he may be obstructing justice, in terms of the investigation that really goes to the heart of our democracy — the accountability of the President, and the people around him, to the rule of law — protecting our democracy from an invasion — a cyber-invasion by the Russians,” Durbin said.

Durbin added, “His credibility has been destroyed.”

http://chicago.sunti...p-is-dangerous/

HS coming from someone who cannot function objectively.

#52 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

“It’s just another one of his fantasies that he is putting out before the public,” Sen. Dick Durbin said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“I think we ought to get to the bottom line here:

President Trump is dangerous.

Dangerous because he may be obstructing justice, in terms of the investigation that really goes to the heart of our democracy — the accountability of the President, and the people around him, to the rule of law — protecting our democracy from an invasion — a cyber-invasion by the Russians,” Durbin said.

Durbin added, “His credibility has been destroyed.”

http://chicago.sunti...p-is-dangerous/

• Arturo and Princess of Tap like this

#53 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

With the crucial assistance of James Comey AND the Russians.

• darkblue likes this

#54 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Adam Schiff, D-Calif., also issued a blistering statement on Trump's tweets, calling on the president to "immediately provide any such recordings to Congress or admit, once again, to have made a deliberately misleading — and in this case threatening — statement."....

"Finally, and with respect to the President's suggestion that as a very busy person, he doesn't have time to ensure that his spokespeople are accurately portraying his actions — it is difficult to know how to respond — except to say,

being truthful with the American people is a core responsibility of the job," Schiff said.

"If he did not want to willingly undertake even the minimal requirements of the Presidency, it would have been far better for him to have considered that before he chose to run for the highest office in the land."....

http://www.npr.org/2...ontent=20170512

• Arturo, TheCid, Bogie56 and 2 others like this

#55 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

CNN reported on a poll where people were asked for one word to describe Donald Trump.  The top three by a huuuge margin were:

1. Idiot

2. Incompetent

3 Liar

then way down at the bottom are President and Strong

LMREO!!!

#56 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

well I doan know, Bogie56. you seem to be trying to say that trump didn't really wanna win and I kinda doubt that because a couple of times at his rallies he did say that all of this was for naught if he did not win.

I just doan think he woulda said that if he didn't wanna win. he certainly didn't expect to win. hell, nobody thought he would but the sonofagun pulled it off.

"he did it. damned if he didn't actually do it." -freddie jones, firefox
:)

With the crucial assistance of James Comey AND the Russians.

#57 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

CNN reported on a poll where people were asked for one word to describe Donald Trump.  The top three by a huuuge margin were:

1. Idiot

2. Incompetent

3 Liar

then way down at the bottom are President and Strong

• mr6666, Arturo, TheCid and 1 other like this

#58 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Trump did his level best during the campaign to convince voters that he was only enjoying a good con and that in no way was he qualified to be president.  He tried to convince them that he was a hateful bigot, a misogynist, a lousy businessman, a pathological liar, an idiot with an attention span of a butterfly, etc., etc. but i guess he overestimated a braindead public who embraced him anyway.

well I doan know, Bogie56. you seem to be trying to say that trump didn't really wanna win and I kinda doubt that because a couple of times at his rallies he did say that all of this was for naught if he did not win.

I just doan think he woulda said that if he didn't wanna win. he certainly didn't expect to win. hell, nobody thought he would but the sonofagun pulled it off.

"he did it. damned if he didn't actually do it." -freddie jones, firefox

:)

#59 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

"Nobody wanted Hillary Clinton to win the election more than Donald Trump." - Howard Stern, radio host and longtime Trump acquaintance.

Trump did his level best during the campaign to convince voters that he was only enjoying a good con and that in no way was he qualified to be president.  He tried to convince them that he was a hateful bigot, a misogynist, a lousy businessman, a pathological liar, an idiot with an attention span of a butterfly, etc., etc. but i guess he overestimated a braindead public who embraced him anyway.

• mr6666, Arturo, TheCid and 1 other like this

#60 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:00 AM

Replying to @RoguePOTUSStaff

"Just keep him happy and smiling and the rest of us can work in peace. As long as he's not angry-ranting everything's fine.” Says Pence.

1. Rogue POTUS Staff @RoguePOTUSStaff 5h5 hours ago

Replying to @RoguePOTUSStaff

Happy-ranting POTUS energizes the fringe and gives the party power.

That's the emerging face of the GOP establishment.

2. DsS8R3B1_bigger.jpg Rogue POTUS Staff @RoguePOTUSStaff 5h5 hours ago

As of yet, this is still not a done deal. Good chance it dies in the Senate.

Today made it more embarrassing if it fails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users