We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are They Saying about Donald Trump?

Quotes Twits etc

• Please log in to reply
665 replies to this topic

#621 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

LOL.

That's what he said.

#622 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Caretaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,455 posts
  • LocationThe Overlook Hotel

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:36 PM

and the wealth inequities propagated by Wall Street bankers and “Hillary Clinton’s speaking fees.” Trump, he said, was the man to fix all that.

LOL.

#623 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

20) In addition to making a sizable donation to Trump’s election effort, Thiel was one of the many speakers at the Republican National Convention this past summer. In a short but punchy address, he criticized the relative insulation of Silicon Valley and praised Trump as someone who “builds things.” In a speech, that, in many ways, should have sounded out of place in a Republican-filled arena, he touched on stagnant wages, rising healthcare and college costs, and the wealth inequities propagated by Wall Street bankers and “Hillary Clinton’s speaking fees.” Trump, he said, was the man to fix all that.

As a venture capitalist and entrepreneur, Peter Thiel has been involved in some of the most dynamic companies to emerge from Silicon Valley over the past two decades. In 1998, Thiel made e-commerce easier, faster, and more secure by co-founding PayPal

Published on Jul 21, 2016

#624 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:00 AM

17.) Marco Rubio on February 28, 2016

He later apologized for these jokes after he lost his presidential bid and was forced by his donors, like Ted Cruz, to suck up to Trump like all obey-your-authorities Republicans.

18.) "I don't want to see trickle-down racism. I don't want to see a president of the United States saying things which change the character of the generations of Americans that are following. Presidents have an impact on the nature of our nation, and trickle-down racism, trickle-down bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America."

Mitt Romney to CNN's Wolf Blitzer, June 10, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2...d-trump-racism/

He later changed his tune when he THOUGHT he was going to be Secretary of State. After he lost that bid, he pretty much stopped talking.

19.) "When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent. Meanwhile, the invisible hand that best orchestrates a free people’s free enterprise system gets amputated. Then, special interests creep in and manipulate markets. Republicans oppose this, remember? Instead, we support competition on a level playing field, remember? Because we know special interest crony capitalism is one big fail."

Sarah Palin on Trump's Carrier deal, Young Conservative's site, December 2, 2016

http://www.youngcons...ony-capitalism/

This was after she too failed to get a position in the new administration.

#625 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:46 AM

16) "To call Donald Trump a con man, as many have, is a disservice to the art of the con. By its definition a con requires deceit. But Trump has not tried to hide his lies or the sheer unrealistic audacity of his cartoonish policy positions."

Dan Rather, former CBS News Anchorman

Daily Kos, 9/26/16

#626 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Caretaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,455 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

15) "...there can be a very upbeat message that Trump's administration is going to organize things, get rid of regulatory barriers, and have American leadership through innovation."

Bill Gates, while comparing Trump to JFK, 12/13/16

#627 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:33 AM

14) Former education secretary under President Reagan, Bill Bennett, Author of "America: The last,Best,Hope", explains how President-elect Donald Trump is like Reagan, 'he means business', Trump has remembered his campaign promise and has already saved jobs. He's making great picks for his cabinet.

Published December 1, 2016

#628 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

12.) “Donald, you’re a sniveling coward. Leave Heidi the hell alone.”

Ted Cruz, March 24, 2016

13.) “I’m gonna tell you what I really think of Donald Trump: This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth, and in a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying.”

ditto, May 3, 2016

(This was before he was forced to hop on Trump's band wagon at gun-point by his donors. Republicans always do as they are told.)

http://www.politico....-endorse-228594

• Princess of Tap likes this

#629 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:49 AM

two gay men interacting privately harms no one but society equating it with normal male-female interrelationship is a destruction of rational societal normalities which cannot be maintained if cavalierly undermined by the swinging pendulum of sexual confusion. :)

Nip-- we've gotten a little far afield from the original subject of this thread,

I'll say! Nippy, what's wrong with you?!! I told you to stop watching Pat Robertson on the 700 Club. I personally think The Dark Side instead of The Light is speaking through Pat Robertson myself, since he is just seething with hate for a wide net of people not sticking to HIS "society normalities".

#630 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:22 AM

11) " Putin is a thug and a murderer. I don't see how anybody can be a friend of this old KGB agent."

Senator John McCain(Rep./AZ) U.S.Senate

Committee on Armed Forces, Chair--U.S.Senate

Republican Party Presidential Nominee, 2008

CNN, 12/12/16

#631 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,695 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

As others have pointed out, the very nature of pedophilia and

bestiality makes them involuntary, which is not the case with

homosexuality. I've never seen the threat that same sex

marriage poses to either straight marriage or society in

general. Over time people will get used to it, just as they

got used to interracial marriage. Ever since gay marriage

became legal in the first states, there have been riduclous

warnings about people then wanting to marry their pets

or their relatives or both. Hasn't happened.

Ooooh, sorry Vautrin ol' buddy, but THIS argument you just used to persuade ol' ND here to open his freakin' mind and let a ray of enlightened thinking into it and that's NOT bound to his little interpretation of the "Judeo-Christian" philosophy was, well, THE wrong argument to use here.

Ya see all ya did here was reinforce his fearful little "Slippery Slope" mindset.

Now, what ya SHOULD have once again just emphasized to him(not that it would have made ANY difference here at all to him) was that whole "Consenting ADULT"(and children and animals aren't usually considered "adults", ya know) thing.

(...but ah, like I said right down there, the dude doesn't ever freakin' listen to any of this sort'a thing anyway, ya know...and so I guess, what the hell difference does it make anyway, huh)

• Bogie56 likes this

#632 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,787 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

but would you accept the scotus approving of pedophilia and bestiality?

I dare anybody to answer that in the affirmative.

As others have pointed out, the very nature of pedophilia and

bestiality makes them involuntary, which is not the case with

homosexuality. I've never seen the threat that same sex

marriage poses to either straight marriage or society in

general. Over time people will get used to it, just as they

got used to interracial marriage. Ever since gay marriage

became legal in the first states, there have been riduclous

warnings about people then wanting to marry their pets

or their relatives or both. Hasn't happened.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#633 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:36 AM

10) Trump is a fascist. And that's not a term I use loosely or often. But he's earned it.

Max Boot, Jeanne J Kirkpatrick Senior Fellow in National Security Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations, military historian and author of Invisible Armies (2013), a history of guerrilla warfare

MB, Twitter 2015

#634 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

two gay men interacting privately harms no one but society equating it with normal male-female interrelationship is a destruction of rational societal normalities which cannot be maintained if cavalierly undermined by the swinging pendulum of sexual confusion. :)

Your argument sounds like an argument against miscegenation too.

Who determines what a society thinks or what society says is right or wrong.

In terms of Lifestyle, I don't think you have a right to tell a person what lifestyle they can live.

I'm divorced, so do you think being divorced makes a person against the societal norms. I can remember a time when a divorced woman was ostracized in the society and made fun of.

Times change and, indeed, as times change people have a right to live their own lives without being told by others what's right and wrong according to your moral standards.

I'm not living by your Sharia law.

#635 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,695 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

JESUS CHRIST!!!

Oops, sorry for the blasphemy here, ND.

But JEEZ, I thought I set you straight(no pun intended) about the freakin' DIFFERENCE between all these sort'a things MONTHS ago, dude?!!!

(...what...don't you ever listen at all???)  

LOL

• Jlewis likes this

#636 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Nip-- we've gotten a little far afield from the original subject of this thread, but I'd like to answer your question anyway.

What has consensual sex or consensual marriage between two adults got to do with pedophilia and bestiality?

Now, I know I'm not the first person to say this on the website because I read this a number of times, but it bears and it's worth repeating to you.

Human beings who are adults have a right to make whatever sexual choices they want to make with other consenting adults.

These two issues of pedophilia and bestiality are not involving consenting adults because children are minors and they are not adults and they cannot give their legal consent and animals are beasts, therefore they have no ability to give consent because they are not human beings.

I didn't study philosophy in college, but I can say without being a philosopher that consenting adults would probably not involve the two issues that you keep on bringing up.

And I have to say, unfortunately, when you keep on associating pedophilia and bestiality with homosexuality, it makes it appear as though you're associating homosexuals with criminality.

I'm old enough to remember when homosexuality was a crime in the 19 fifties and sixties and even later in a number of states.

Just as I'm old enough to remember that miscegenation --marriage between the white and the black races was a crime in a number of states in the 19 fifties and sixties.

And this issue has just been depicted in a current movie" Loving" -- the story of Richard and Mildred Loving, an interracial couple who got married in DC and were arrested in Virginia, where they lived, for miscegenation which was against the law in the 1950s.

They took it to the Supreme Court in Loving versus Virginia, 1967, which struck down the miscegenation laws in the south.

I'm not a lawyer, but I wouldn't be surprised if this court case absolutely was something that the Supreme Court studied when considering the subject of same-sex marriage.

I remember in the movie Guess Who's Coming to Dinner in 1967 that Spencer Tracy mentioned that it was illegal for his daughter to marry a black man in some states and he was concerned about her welfare. His line in the movie to Sidney Poitier and Katharine Houghton was "you'd be breaking the law in some states."

#637 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#638 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Caretaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,455 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:05 AM

That's a disingenuous question, since there is no corollary between homosexuality and pedophilia & bestiality. If that has to be explained to you yet again, then the issue is with you, not society.

• Princess of Tap likes this

#639 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:56 PM

Religious types will just have to accept the fact that we don't

live in a Christian equivalent of Iran or Saudi Arabia, where

religious authorities have a significant say in government.

Gay marriage will work out okay and nobody will be disturbed,

except in their feelings. Two hundred years ago slavery was

considered moral by most people. Should that moral institution

have been maintained and not changed? Morals change,

always have, always will.

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#640 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

suppose the scotus ruled in favor of pedophia or bestiality? would you argue that such practices fell within the purview of basic human rights and or liberty???

This isn't the first time you have used the slippery slope argument against giving gays the same human rights that you enjoy.  That you equate being gay with pedophilia or bestiality shows what a disturbed person you really are.

That you don't think gays deserve the same rights as you shows that you think they are sub-human.  Deplorable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users