We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Michael Connelly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Observer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationHere and Gone

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

I actually have heard of the movie The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) with Matthew McConaughey when I was in high school back then. Do you know what it is about?

McConaughey plays Mickey Haller, a slick, slightly disreputable lawyer who does business out of his Lincoln car. It's a fairly standard court room thriller, and I didn't think it was bad. 

The Amazon TV series Bosch, based on Connelly's main literary character, LAPD Harry Bosch, is very good, although it's a slow-burn.

The Clint Eastwood film Blood Work (2002) was also based on the Connelly novel of the same name, centered around retired FBI agent Terry McCaleb.

Almost all of Connelly's novels exist in the same world, with the Bosch character encountering both Mickey Haller from the Lincoln Lawyer and Terry McCaleb in various books.

• BLACHEFAN likes this

#2 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

I actually have heard of the movie The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) with Matthew McConaughey when I was in high school back then. Do you know what it is about?

#3 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,292 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

He picked Shaft (1971) as well.

Thanks for the info!

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#4 CrisR

CrisR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

He picked Shaft (1971) as well.
  • TopBilled likes this

#5 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

Crime writer Michael Connelly is the guest programmer in March 2017. On Tuesday the 14th, he will present these titles:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-12-13%2Bat%2B5.31.5

His wiki page: https://en.wikipedia...ichael_Connelly

• LawrenceA likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users