We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Young Actors - Out and Proud!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,614 posts
  • LocationThe Octagon

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Actor Thomas Dekker, most famously of TV's "Heroes" and "The Secret Circle", has announced that he is gay and that he married his husband in April -

(Does anybody remember him as a child alongside Christopher Reeve and Kirstie Alley in the re-make of "Village of the Damned"?) 

I read about this earlier, and thought how times have changed. I remember him from the shows Heroes and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. When he was on Heroes, they were going to out his high school-age character as gay. But the actor and his manager vehemently objected so much that the character was rewritten. Dekker said he didn't want to play a gay character, as he felt it would stereotype him and ruin his career before it even got started. It made Dekker look bad, and he and his character were not on the show much after that. I saw a few movies that he appeared in (I want to think he produced and/or wrote them, too), but then nothing for a while.

• jaragon and rayban like this

#2 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

Actor Thomas Dekker, most famously of TV's "Heroes" and "The Secret Circle", has announced that he is gay and that he married his husband in April -

IMG-6246.jpg

(Does anybody remember him as a child alongside Christopher Reeve and Kirstie Alley in the re-make of "Village of the Damned"?) 

• LawrenceA and jaragon like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#3 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

Jim Parsons, the star of "The Big Bang Theory", has finally married his long-term partner of fourteen years, Todd Spiewak.

They started to date each other in 2002.

Jim Parsons came out publicly via an interview in The New York Times in 2012.

They were married in New York City at the Rainbow Room over the weekend.

jim-parsons-todd-wedding.jpg

Really happy for these two - congratulations

• TopBilled and rayban like this

#4 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

Jim Parsons, the star of "The Big Bang Theory", has finally married his long-term partner of fourteen years, Todd Spiewak.

They started to date each other in 2002.

Jim Parsons came out publicly via an interview in The New York Times in 2012.

They were married in New York City at the Rainbow Room over the weekend.

jim-parsons-todd-wedding.jpg

• jaragon likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#5 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

And he looks like Archie!

Yes, a gorgeous redhead!!

#6 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

He isn't an actor -

but Olympic pole vaulter and world champion Shawn Barber -

has come out as gay -

he is only 22 years old -

he won the world championship in the pole vault in 2015 and finished 10th in the Rio Summer Olympics last year -

he also holds the NCAA indoor record in the pole vault and in 2016 became the youngest man to ever vault 6 meters -

Congratulations to Shawn Barber who thanks his parents and friends for all their loving support -

988c5cee-778a-4226-ba59-6a5d096da8c3.png

barber2.jpg?w=620&quality=75&strip=all&h

And he looks like Archie!

• rayban likes this

#7 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

He isn't an actor -

but Olympic pole vaulter and world champion Shawn Barber -

has come out as gay -

he is only 22 years old -

he won the world championship in the pole vault in 2015 and finished 10th in the Rio Summer Olympics last year -

he also holds the NCAA indoor record in the pole vault and in 2016 became the youngest man to ever vault 6 meters -

Congratulations to Shawn Barber who thanks his parents and friends for all their loving support -

988c5cee-778a-4226-ba59-6a5d096da8c3.png

barber2.jpg?w=620&quality=75&strip=all&h

• TopBilled and jaragon like this

#8 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

Actor Luke Evans is out and proud (finally) - he is playing Gaston in "Beauty and the Beast" -

luke-evans-is-having-fun-playing-tourist

aabfb6f53a1863f9b938663d44b59b07.jpg

• TopBilled and jaragon like this

#9 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Actor Colton Haynes has just announced his engagement to florist Jeff Leatham -

coltonhayesandjeffleatham-563ef347-7f6c-

Colton-Haynes-San-Andreas-Los-Angeles-Mo

• jaragon likes this

#10 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:31 AM

Ricky Martin has confessed that he "met" his fiance on Instagram.

They later got together in London.

In November, Ricky Martin announced his engagement to the Swedish artist, Jwan Yosef.

ricky-martin-jwan-sons-rogue-one-premier

A man who looks like Mr Martin has not problem meeting me ANYWHERE ( his sons have obviously inherited his attractive genes)

• rayban likes this

#11 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

Ricky Martin has confessed that he "met" his fiance on Instagram.

They later got together in London.

In November, Ricky Martin announced his engagement to the Swedish artist, Jwan Yosef.

ricky-martin-jwan-sons-rogue-one-premier

• jaragon likes this

#12 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

They make a cute couple- I hope the new "Star Trek" finally has an out gay character

YES, and he will be played by "out" actor, Anthony Rapp.

#13 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

MAULIK PANCHOLY - HE IS WELL-KNOWN AND WELL-LOVED FOR HIS WORK IN "30 ROCK" AND "WEEDS" - AND FOR HIS VOICE-OVER IN "PHINEAS AND HERB"; HE HAS JUST BEEN ADDED TO THE CAST OF CBS' "STAR TREK: DISCOVERY" - HE WILL BE PLAYING DR. NAMBUE - THE SERIES IS SET FOR THE FALL OR EARLY 2018 -

30-rock-maulik-pancholy-comes-out-as-gay

(He is married to Ryan Corvaia.)

article-2537532-1A8F3D7700000578-278_634

They make a cute couple- I hope the new "Star Trek" finally has an out gay character

• rayban likes this

#14 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

MAULIK PANCHOLY - HE IS WELL-KNOWN AND WELL-LOVED FOR HIS WORK IN "30 ROCK" AND "WEEDS" - AND FOR HIS VOICE-OVER IN "PHINEAS AND HERB"; HE HAS JUST BEEN ADDED TO THE CAST OF CBS' "STAR TREK: DISCOVERY" - HE WILL BE PLAYING DR. NAMBUE - THE SERIES IS SET FOR THE FALL OR EARLY 2018 -

30-rock-maulik-pancholy-comes-out-as-gay

(He is married to Ryan Corvaia.)

article-2537532-1A8F3D7700000578-278_634

• jaragon likes this

#15 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

MICHAEL CARBONARO - THE YOUNG STAR OF "ANOTHER GAY MOVIE" AND THE STAR OF HIS OWN HIT TV SHOW, "THE CARBONARO EFFECT", IN WHICH HE PROVES HIMSELF THE MASTER OF ILLUSION -

Carbonaro_MainImage2.jpg

(He is married to actor Peter Stickles.)

#16 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

ZACHARY QUINTO - HAS BECOME FAMOUS FOR PLAYING SPOCK IN "STAR TREK" (2009), "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" (2013) AND "STAR TREK BEYOND" (2016) -

6b7ab7c6c2f0f3c8dab2504a819e0342.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#17 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

I like the guy who plays the Flash on tv

That's actor, singer, dancer Grant Gustin of "Glee" and "90210" fame.

tumblr_o0s1kbuO011susnhzo1_1280.jpg

• jaragon likes this

#18 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

EZRA MILLER - "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower" -

enhanced-32475-1458837184-1.jpg

Mr. Miller has co-starred as Barry Allen/The Flash in 2016's "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice"

and, again, as Barry Allen/The Flash in 2017's "Justice League".

Warner Bros. has announced that he will star in their live-action, big-budget adaptation of "The Flash"  that is due in 2018. 

For a third time, he will be playing Barry Allen/The Flash.

I like the guy who plays the Flash on tv

• rayban likes this

#19 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

EZRA MILLER - "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower" -

enhanced-32475-1458837184-1.jpg

Mr. Miller has co-starred as Barry Allen/The Flash in 2016's "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice"

and, again, as Barry Allen/The Flash in 2017's "Justice League".

Warner Bros. has announced that he will star in their live-action, big-budget adaptation of "The Flash"  that is due in 2018. 

For a third time, he will be playing Barry Allen/The Flash.

• TopBilled likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users