We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

FORGOTTEN Oldies

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#1 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,203 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:43 PM

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#2 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

#3 kjrwe

kjrwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

I can't remember if I have posted anything on this thread, so I'll just list a handful of songs by some of my favourite artists.

Bobby Curtola:

-Hitchhiker

-I Cry and Cry

-Don't You Sweetheart Me

-Aladdin

-Fortune Teller

-I'll Never Be Alone Again

-Deeper and Deeper

-Hand in Hand With You

Jack Scott:

-Goodbye Baby

-The Way I Walk

-Leroy (also under the title of Greaseball)

-My True Love

-With Your Love

-I'm Dreaming of You

-I Never Felt Like This

-Midgie

-Steps One and Two

-Oh Little One

-Cry Cry Cry

-My Dream Come True

-Lonesome Mary

-I Can't Hold Your Letters in my Arms

-Laugh and the World Laughs With You

-What in the World's Come Over You?

Johnny Tillotson:

-Princess Princess

-Judy Judy Judy

-A Very Good Year for Girls

-You're the Reason

-Out of my Mind

-She Understands Me

-It Keeps Right on a-Hurtin'

-Dreamy Eyes

-Talk Back Trembling Lips

-True True Happiness

-Without You

The Beau-Marks:

-Clap Your Hands

-Billy Billy Went a-Walkin'

-Classmate

-Oh Joan

-Baby Face

-The Tender Years

-Honey Don't You Cry

-Fulfillment

-Lovely Little Lady

-Lovely Little Girl

-For Me and My Gal

-Yours

I also like two by Pat Hervey:

-Tears of Misery

-Mr. Heartache

#4 TalkTalk123

TalkTalk123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

#5 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#6 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 2 Samuel 11:2

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#7 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

#8 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

• Princess of Tap likes this

#9 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

I love George Thorogood; I just played that album last night.

My favorite number on it is: "Move It On Over". George really knows how to rock Hank Williams. But Hanks' original is still the best.

#10 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

• Princess of Tap likes this

John Wayne

#11 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

#12 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

John Wayne

#13 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

John Wayne

#14 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

John Wayne

#15 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

#16 JamesStewartFan95

JamesStewartFan95

The Great Pumpkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

#17 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,620 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Don Williams (1939~2017) RIP.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#18 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

3ZLv5v4g_bigger.png AncestryVerified account @Ancestry 5h5 hours ago

Outlaw Jesse James was born OTD in 1847 in Kearney, Missouri. Visit his @FindAGrave memorial: http://ancstry.me/2wVZv2j DI_79j4WsAAV0bB.jpg

John Wayne

#19 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

John Wayne

#20 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,506 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:13 PM

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users