We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Who's your favorite comedienne

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnm001

johnm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

Rosalind Russell

#2 Waterpilot

Waterpilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:57 PM

Martha Raye

"When you see a silent movie, you understand everything that's going on from the images because the images are so strong." - Monica Bellucci

http://hollywood-box...ce.blogspot.com

#3 CoraSmith

CoraSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

My three favorites: Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and Shirley MacLaine.

#4 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

I love Judy Holliday.

"You've had a few hours given back to you from life. A few hours in which to change your minds and your hearts. When you came into the grounds of this inn, you came into a place as it was a year ago today. You were in your own time, but the house and garden and Gwyneth and I are in the time of last year. The day the bomb hit. When you go away and walk up the road you will have spent a night in an inn. But if you look back from the crest of the hill, the halfway house will not be here...but if you remember, it will be as you remember a forgotten snatch of song. It will be a picture before your eyes. Gone before you realize it is there. Or an echo in the hidden places of your mind. But you have been here...and the world is what you make it." -- Mervyn Johns, THE HALFWAY HOUSE.

#5 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,317 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Jean Arthur.

#6 Burton83

Burton83

Advanced Member