We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

A Society Sensation (1918)

A Society Sensation Rudolph Valentino Zasu Pitts Carmel Myers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Natalie Webb

Natalie Webb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

I recently watched A Society Sensation (1918) for the first time. I was wanting to see Valentino in this pre-fame role, and it was very interesting. The film had been heavily edited and re-released when Rudolph Valentino became popular, so the storyline was missing quite a bit, however, it was still very enjoyable. Valentino did extremely well with comedy (especially in his later films like The Eagle from 1925) and this movie gave him some opportunities to show that skill. His scene with Zasu Pitts is hilarious, the two of them acted very well together. It was interesting to see a film where he is not doing the rescuing; whenever they get into trouble, Carmel Myers ends up saving the day each time! I thought the movie was fun and I'm glad I got to see it. Has anyone else ever seen A Society Sensation (1918)? If so, what did you think about it?

• cinemaspeak59 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Society Sensation, Rudolph Valentino, Zasu Pitts, Carmel Myers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users