We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump - the Week That Was

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,707 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

AWWWW...........

Now pwesident Donny thinks, "Being PWESIDENT is SOOOOO HAWD!"  :(

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#2 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Bonded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,777 posts
  • LocationXanth

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Trump gave a pep rally speech at the NRA today.  He relived the glory days of the campaign win yet again.  Booooring.  And he told everyone that we are living in "horrible times."

Thanks orange-top.  That's just the way I want to use up my days on this planet - contemplating how horrible everything is.  You are doing your best to make it so.  I've never ever experienced the feeling of so much turmoil on a daily basis.  Trump is making everyone on this planet live his miserable life.

It seems to be a powerful new strain of conservatism: "Everything sucks and they're all out to get me". 

#3 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 PM

Trump gave a pep rally speech at the NRA today.  He relived the glory days of the campaign win yet again.  Booooring.  And he told everyone that we are living in "horrible times."

Thanks orange-top.  That's just the way I want to use up my days on this planet - contemplating how horrible everything is.  You are doing your best to make it so.  I've never ever experienced the feeling of so much turmoil on a daily basis.  Trump is making everyone on this planet live his miserable life.

• TheCid and LawrenceA like this

#4 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,707 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

I suppose now that Trump had lunch with KID ROCK and TED NUGENT we're supposed to think he's COOL now?  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#5 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

Whatever happened to America should not be the policeman of the world?  When Trump made that statement things were exactly the same as they are now.   Oh, wait a second.  His poll numbers have dropped significantly since then.

• Sepiatone likes this

#6 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Next Trump will be saying that he can't be impeached because he is the President of the United States--

Trump was hilarious on reality TV, but in reality in the Oval Office, he's not so funny.

I think he is very funny. :)

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#7 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Next Trump will be saying that he can't be impeached because he is the President of the United States--

Trump was hilarious on reality TV, but in reality in the Oval Office, he's not so funny.

#8 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

As I have said more than once in this forum that if I was defending someone accused of violence against a Trump protestor at one of Trump's own rallies I would say that my client was only following orders.  That he was incited to violence by the man at the podium, one Donald J. Trump.  This may not be right but that would be my defence.

Trump is trying to claim immunity now that he is President as he too is named in several law suits but it has not worked.

This at the Washington Post ...

https://www.washingt...st-draw5&wpmm=1

Trump says he can’t be sued for violence at his rallies because he won the election

This is from one of Trump's co-defendants.  A man accused of hitting a protestor ...

And he accepted as true her claims that Trump's speech “was calculated to incite violence” against the protesters.

[‘Get ’em out!’ Racial tensions explode at Donald Trump’s rallies.

“Throughout the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump and/or the Trump Campaign repeatedly urged people attending Trump political rallies to remove individuals who were voicing opposition,” reads Bamberger's filing, which asks that Trump be forced to pay his damages, if he's found liable.

#9 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

Why do the identities of these visitors have to be kept concealed?

Would we be shocked if we found out that infamous people like white nationalist David Duke and/or white nationalist Richard Spencer were visiting fellow white nationalist Steve Bannon in the White House?

Whether they were or not, we may never know--when you have something to hide in the White House, the people will demand to know what you're hiding.

Anytime he has a relatively good week (for him), he blows his momentum by coming up with something like this.

• mr6666 and TheCid like this

#10 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

"The American Civil Liberties Union today blasted the Trump Administration’s decision to not publish the White House visitor logs as President Obama regularly did, charging that, “The only reasonable conclusion is to believe the Trump administration has many things it is trying to hide.”

In a statement issued from its Washington, D.C. office, ACLU Political Director Faiz Shakir wrote that, “Elected officials work for the people and we deserve to see government business conducted in transparent daylight. This ‘Good Friday’ news dump is simply the latest in a series of efforts by President Trump to avoid public accountability, and it’s not the way to improve the people’s declining trust in this administration.”

Why do the identities of these visitors have to be kept concealed?

Would we be shocked if we found out that infamous people like white nationalist David Duke and/or white nationalist Richard Spencer were visiting fellow white nationalist Steve Bannon in the White House?

Whether they were or not, we may never know--when you have something to hide in the White House, the people will demand to know what you're hiding.

#11 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

So is everyone feeling that the world is a much safer place now that Trump is in office?  And try not to think of just your skin in B F nowheresville.

• LawrenceA and film lover 293 like this

#12 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

The struggle to give a soul to a soulless presidency

https://www.washingt...st-draw5&wpmm=1

a small portion of a good article ...

On Syria, Trump’s message has gone from mixed to pureed. Apparently, engagement in Syria is both a stupid move and a moral necessity. On foreign policy, Trump is ideologically rootless. He seems to have no considered views about the world, just confidence about his own abilities as a leader. And this places an unsettling randomness at the heart of America’s global role. 

This inconsistency is the most consistent theme of Trump’s young presidency. During the campaign, he opposed entitlement reform, yet his health-care bill contained the most fundamental entitlement reform — moving federal Medicaid spending from an open-ended match for state spending to a capped amount per person — that Congress has recently considered. He campaigned as a tribune for the working class, yet his economic approach seems heavily tilted toward the interests of the wealthy.

This has been attacked as lying. It also indicates a complete unfamiliarity with the issues and debates at the heart of American politics. He never encountered these matters during previous government service (which he did none of). He was not forced to explain his views during primary or general election debates (a few lines from the stump speech more than sufficed). Trump was not hiding an inner sophistication. His ignorance was presented as part of an anti-establishment package — as contempt for the quibbles of smaller men.

• mr6666, LawrenceA and film lover 293 like this

#13 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,056 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Lemmings come to mind.

True, but you expect that of lemmings, not humans.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#14 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

The inability to empathize with others is the heart of the problem in the Untied States.

Watch this frasier.

• mr6666 likes this

#15 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

The videos of seniors in Trump rural areas who are willingly losing their little government sponsored community centres, and health care, etc,  in lieu of a wall or more military spending is very sad.

Have you seen any of these seniors interviewed about that?

#16 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

The videos of seniors in Trump rural areas who are willingly losing their little government sponsored community centres, and health care, etc,  in lieu of a wall or more military spending is very sad.

#17 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

The sheep are getting in line to be sheared and they

don't mind. 

Lemmings come to mind.

#18 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,056 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

The sheep are getting in line to be sheared and they

don't mind. 

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#19 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:22 AM

The inability to empathize with others is the heart of the problem in the Untied States.

#20 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

I saw that. Just mind boggling! But gives you some insight into the minds of his followers. Can see that here too.

• Bogie56 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users