We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,154 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

Wasn't the Berlin Wall part of that?

I bet good money some Berliners wish they kept that thing.

Be gone Führerin

part-dv-dv2156292-1-1-0.jpg

#2 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,688 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

"Yesterday, documents surfaced showing that former Trump Campaign Chair Paul Manafort had received at least $750,000 in illegal payments from former Ukrainian President Victor Yanukovych, who is about to be tried for treason in absentia in Ukraine.

Today, Denis Voronenkov was shot to death in the streets of Kiev in broad daylight, just a few weeks after he said he would testify against Yanukovych and his cohorts — Manafort included.

This is only the latest in a list of Russian dissidents to be murdered or die under mysterious circumstances since the U.S. Election. The timing of Voronenkov’s murder in conjunction with the latest revelations about Manafort — a man he was likely to incriminate — makes this latest tragedy all the more suspect....

The assassin, who died in the hospital soon after, was a soldier in Russia’s National Guard and carried “a certificate proving his combatant status” — fueling speculation that the assassination order came from the highest reaches of the Russian government....

http://occupydemocra...just-shot-dead/

<_<

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#3 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

#4 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

#5 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Numbskull Nunes has apologized to his committee and admitted that there is no evidence of wiretapping of Trump Tower. So, it boils down to they are furious with the amount of conversations that were picked up by Trump associates with nefarious foreign characters. The outrage!

Nunes is nothing but a Four Flushing Flunky. I wonder if Trump gave him money upon the receipt of that bogus information. He may not have gotten any money, but I bet he was expecting something in return.

For now he'll just have to settle for all that scrambled egg on his face.

#6 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

Numbskull Nunes has apologized to his committee and admitted that there is no evidence of wiretapping of Trump Tower.  So, it boils down to they are furious with the amount of conversations that were picked up by Trump associates with nefarious foreign characters.  The outrage!

• mr6666, TheCid and LawrenceA like this

#7 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

I can just imagine Trump's next tweet--See, I told you so.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#8 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,688 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

"There, indeed, was an FBI wiretap involving Russians at Trump Tower.

But it was not placed at the behest of Barack Obama and the target was not the Trump campaign of 2016.

For two years ending in 2013, the FBI had a court-approved warrant to eavesdrop on a sophisticated Russian organized crime money laundering network that operated out of unit 63A in Trump Tower.....

Trump-branded developments catered to large numbers of Russian buyers, including several who had brushes with the law. Russian buyers were particularly drawn to Trump licensed condo towers in Hollywood and Sunny Isles, Florida.....

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=46266198

• TheCid likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#9 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:04 PM

• mr6666 likes this

#10 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

I think things are looking pretty bad for Comrade Trump.  I can't wait for his campaign event tonight and to hear the meltdown.

The republicans are doing their very best to make today's hearing all about leaks and nothing but.  They don't seem concerned one bit about Trump and the Russians.

• mr6666 and TheCid like this

#11 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

The Berlin Wall was built post Stalin, but

I'm guessing he would have approved. 

#12 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

HEAR, HEAR!

Sepiatone

• TheCid likes this

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#13 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

It is doubtful that anyone who ruled the Soviet Union was a true communist.  They were power hungry dictators.  The same is true for those that served them.  Just as most Republicans in the US are actually opposed to a "republican" form of government.

This would be especially true for the KGB and other types of secret police organizations.  They were not attracted to the jobs and successful in them because of a devotion to a political philosophy.  They were successful because the organizations capitalized on mean, evil and greedy personality traits.

As for why they want dominance over Eastern Europe, a barrier between them and Western Europe is part of it.  Two invasions by Germany and one by France still haunt them.  Based on American actions in the 50's and 60's, not a lot of trust of us either.

The earliest Russian Czars wanted more which is how Russia became as large as it did.  The Soviets merely continued this philosophy.  Think USA and Manifest Destiny and taking California and the West from Mexico.  Running Spain out of Florida and then later Puerto Rico, etc.  Pressuring England to sign over Northwest to US.  Not to mention the Native Americans.

Putin wants to restore Russia to the glory it had when it was its largest.  Remember, Russia today is much smaller than the Soviet Union for which Putin worked so diligently.

It is called Empire Building.  For Putin, step one is domination and step two is reincorporation into the Motherland.

Poland was once a part of Russia, as were a lot of other now independent nations.

The Berlin Wall was erected to keep people in the Soviet Block from escaping to West Berlin and then to Western Europe.  It was a wall in Berlin, but a fence or walls pretty along the entire border.

Don't ignore that "Nationalism" and threats from an enemy are two of the principles bad leaders use to distract the people from how bad things are in the country.  Also permits them to do many illegal or borderline illegal things to accomplish their personal goals and the goals of those who support them.

• Sepiatone likes this

#14 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

I just had a thought( yeah, it's that time of YEAR!)  :D

Instead of calling him "The Donald" we should change it to  "Rockin' Donald" and use the song, "Rockin' Robin" as his theme.  You know.....

"Tweet, Tweet, Tweedle-Dee!"   ;)

Sepiatone

• TheCid likes this

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#15 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:47 AM

I was too. I'm sure the old boy looked around and figured it would

be a good idea to have a large land barrier between himself and

Germany. That's wasn't his only motive, but I'm guessing the

thought crossed his mind.

#16 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

Vautrin, I'm referring more to Stalin's post WW2 antics.

I was too. I'm sure the old boy looked around and figured it would

be a good idea to have a large land barrier between himself and

Germany. That's wasn't his only motive, but I'm guessing the

thought crossed his mind.

#17 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Vautrin, I'm referring more to Stalin's post WW2 antics.

#18 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

They may not call themselves "commies" anymore but Putin is KGB and his government and his cronies are running everything over there.  Those who disagree turn up poisoned, in prison and/or dead.  Putin wants to get the old gang of the Eastern Bloc countries back together again.  Same as it was with Stalin.

As Donny might put it, Putin is a bad dude, but he is no longer a

communist, and the Communist Party of Russia is in opposition

to him. So "red bait" is a misnomer to me. I give Uncle Joe a break

when it comes to Eastern Europe as Germany had invaded Russia

twice in twenty five years through eastern Europe.

#19 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

How do you "red bait" someone when the commies are no longer

in control in Russia?

They may not call themselves "commies" anymore but Putin is KGB and his government and his cronies are running everything over there.  Those who disagree turn up poisoned, in prison and/or dead.  Putin wants to get the old gang of the Eastern Bloc countries back together again.  Same as it was with Stalin.

#20 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

How do you "red bait" someone when the commies are no longer

in control in Russia?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users