We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#1 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

Of particular interest in the Jared Kushner investigation will be the micro-targeting system that he famously set up in the swing states that Trump won.  These contained lists of voters that the Russians would not necessarily have been privy to.  So, the question is were the Russians provided with these micro-targeting lists and did they then feed them to the trolls they employed to spread disinformation.

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#2 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

#3 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Bum boy McMaster whom everyone was said to have the greatest respect was out on the weekend trying to clean up the latest Trump Comey mess.  According to McMaster who now has a direct link to the President's brain (scary!) what Trump meant when he boasted to the Russians in the Oval Office about firing Comey was that it would ease the pressure on Trump's ability to practise diplomacy with the Russians.  And it had nothing to do with easing the pressure on the FBI investigation into Trump's campaign's possible collusion with Russia.  One problem there bub ... firing Comey made it even more impossible to carry out diplomacy with the Russians and most idiots would have known that.

Are the Trump supporters still okay with him giving away classified secrets to the Russians in the Oval Office of all places?  What would their reactions have been if Obama or Hillary had been accused of the same?

#4 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

There is no doubt that the Trump-Russian collusion question is critical.

BUT, the other things that Trump and his administration are doing are far more critical.  While they receive some coverage, it is not nearly enough.

Collusion - yes.  Can we do anything about it now - No.  He cannot be impeached by current House, much less convicted.  His staffers and cabinet will be insulated by the same Republicans.

What he is doing to the budget and to the social safety net and other aspects are horrendous.

His (and the Republicans) totally wasteful spending on Defense is the worst of it.  Not to mention the huge tax cuts for the super wealthy and the corporations.  Then the removal of all protections for safety, health, the environment, voting rights, etc.

(see my expanded post under the Triumph of Evil, err Trump)

#5 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

In further testimony today it was revealed that the WH enquired as to whether Trump had the power to shut down the FBI Investigation into collusion entirely.

For someone who claims innocence, not under investigation, and/or wants investigations because he has nothing to hide.....is sure trying to hide these investigations or otherwise make them go away. And the alt right fake news Trumpites claim there is no evidence. Guess why, because Trump is terrified of the evidence that may come out, doing his best to impede and obstruct.
  • mr6666, TheCid, LawrenceA and 1 other like this

#6 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

In further testimony today it was revealed that the WH enquired as to whether Trump had the power to shut down the FBI Investigation into collusion entirely.

#7 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

&   THE WINNER IS........

Greg Miller‏Verified account @gregpmiller 10h10 hours ago

The White House has acknowledged that Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner had contacts with Russian officials.

Greg Miller added,

Greg MillerVerified account @gregpmiller

The FBI Russia investigation now reaching directly into White House.
Trump adviser person of interest @DevlinBarrett https://www. washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-probe-reaches-current-white-house-official-people-familiar-with-the-case-say/2017/05/19/7685adba-3c99-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.82465763dc5e …

Of course you are speaking of the administration official responsible for solving the Middle East crisis between Israel and the other nations and the Palestinians.

• mr6666 likes this

#8 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

Former CIA director Brennan testified today that the many contacts that the Russians made with the Trump campaign was in the hope to collude with them and to have sanctions removed.

• TheCid and film lover 293 like this

#9 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Bum boy McMaster whom everyone was said to have the greatest respect was out on the weekend trying to clean up the latest Trump Comey mess.  According to McMaster who now has a direct link to the President's brain (scary!) what Trump meant when he boasted to the Russians in the Oval Office about firing Comey was that it would ease the pressure on Trump's ability to practise diplomacy with the Russians.  And it had nothing to do with easing the pressure on the FBI investigation into Trump's campaign's possible collusion with Russia.  One problem there bub ... firing Comey made it even more impossible to carry out diplomacy with the Russians and most idiots would have known that.

Are the Trump supporters still okay with him giving away classified secrets to the Russians in the Oval Office of all places?  What would their reactions have been if Obama or Hillary had been accused of the same?

• mr6666 and TheCid like this

#10 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

#11 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

&   THE WINNER IS........

Greg MillerVerified account @gregpmiller 10h10 hours ago

The White House has acknowledged that Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner had contacts with Russian officials.

Greg Miller added,

Greg MillerVerified account @gregpmiller

The FBI Russia investigation now reaching directly into White House.
Trump adviser person of interest @DevlinBarrett https://www. washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russia-probe-reaches-current-white-house-official-people-familiar-with-the-case-say/2017/05/19/7685adba-3c99-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.82465763dc5e 

• Arturo, TheCid, LawrenceA and 1 other like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#12 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

filmlover293. interesting theory about Conway. I figured she was off the radar for a while because she sounded like an idiot and the news stations finally realized it. Bannon and Jared are still my top two picks, aside from Trump himself.

Bogie56 I wonder what this is. What has Trump said/done now? We'll see...

My guess was Bannon because last week an Annapolis firm, which enables Republican super Pacs, was raided by the FBI. This firm allegedly had links to Steve Bannon.

But now the reports coming off the Internet seem to Center on the young man with the ex-con father. Like father, like son?

#13 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Breaking news is that Russian operatives bragged about having Flynn in the bag and thus able to influence Trump.

Wow - that is some news now that it is so out in the open but it's something a lot of us suspected for a while.

#14 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Breaking news is that Russian operatives bragged about having Flynn in the bag and thus able to influence Trump.

• Arturo likes this

#15 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

filmlover293. interesting theory about Conway.  I figured she was off the radar for a while because she sounded like an idiot and the news stations finally realized it.  Bannon and Jared are still my top two picks, aside from Trump himself.

Bogie56  I wonder what this is.  What has Trump said/done now?  We'll see...

He joked that he was the only person on the Trump campaign not to have direct contact with the Russians.

• Arturo likes this

#16 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

filmlover293. interesting theory about Conway.  I figured she was off the radar for a while because she sounded like an idiot and the news stations finally realized it.  Bannon and Jared are still my top two picks, aside from Trump himself.

Bogie56  I wonder what this is.  What has Trump said/done now?  We'll see...

• film lover 293 likes this

#17 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Watch for the New York Times to break more on Trump yucking it up with the Russians in the Oval Office on the subject of collusion.

#18 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,411 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

ChristineHoard--Trump has been calling back his former aides/campaign managers for an overhaul of his communications systems; I don't know if Corey is in the "inner circle" or not.

As for Conway--She was Trump's final campaign manager, and was appointed to a spot in the White House.  She's my pick for being dim enough to recontact the Russians, after someone(s) made the initial contact(s).  There has to be a reason other than errors in communication for her to have nearly disappeared in the last month or so.

• Arturo likes this

#19 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

#20 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

My guess is everyone ChristineHoard named, plus KellyAnne Conway and Corey Lewandowski; He was Trump's campaign manager from Jan. 2015 to June 2016, and Conway has been with Trump since 2016.

I thought Corey was no longer involved in the White House inner circle (Paul Manafort replaced him as campaign manager per the date you cited).  We know Manafort is in trouble, too, but he's not currently part of the inner White House staff.  It's somebody who's there now.  I wonder about Conway; I thought she was just a flack like Spicer but maybe more?

• film lover 293 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users