We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#21 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

My guess is everyone ChristineHoard named, plus KellyAnne Conway and Corey Lewandowski; He was Trump's campaign manager from Jan. 2015 to June 2016, and Conway has been with Trump since 2016.

#22 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Any thoughts on who this "person of interest"  (we all know what that phrase means) is inside the white house top staff?  If not Trump himself I'll go with Bannon or Jared. It was reported it's someone there now so that leaves Flynn out.  Time to lawyer up, staffers.  How loyal does one want to be to their boss if jail is a possibility?

#23 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

So Trump brags and tells the Russians...the Russians .. the real reason that he fired Comey and then on the same day has Old Spicer, Huckabee and later Pence go out and lie to the American public about it.

• Arturo likes this

#24 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Was Pence in the Oval office meeting with the Ruskies?  Hard to tell from the photos as they were all courtesy of Russia.  It was not long after that Pence came out with the story that it was the Assistant AG who essentially fired Comey.

"I have a great temperament" - Donald J. Trump

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#25 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

russia-wants-war-us-bases-sarcastic-map.

#26 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 10h10 hours ago

Oh boy. The new cover of @TIME went there.

DAGy3znUwAAfeEj.jpg

• Swithin, Arturo, TheCid and 2 others like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#27 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Trump just said that he could only speak for himself on the subject of collusion between his campaign and Russia during the election.

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#28 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Putin+Web.jpg

#29 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Maybe Trump gave them a copy of his taping....the other alternative, where the Russians were in there taping, is scary. Bet no one saw them bring in a taping device.

It's probably still there given how incompetent they all are.

• Arturo likes this

#30 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Maybe Trump gave them a copy of his taping....the other alternative, where the Russians were in there taping, is scary. Bet no one saw them bring in a taping device.

Trump needs to turn Fox off and start watching The Americans on Fx.  Then remember that Putin was in the KGB during the Reagan years, if I am not mistaken.

Taping devices, including most phones are very small these days.  Not to mention transmitters to a nearby embassy.

• Arturo likes this

#31 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Occured to me.  How does Putin have a "transcript?"  Did someone record the meeting?  Or does he mean that one of the two Russians prepared a memorandum of what was said?  Leaving out the part where classified information was relayed.

#32 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Occured to me.  How does Putin have a "transcript?"  Did someone record the meeting?  Or does he mean that one of the two Russians prepared a memorandum of what was said?  Leaving out the part where classified information was relayed.

LOL. We'll have to wait and see...........

#33 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

The Rosenbergs got the chair.

John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald were shot ( I still can't believe I actually saw the latter occur live on CBS--

The rest of the Booth co-conspirators were hung. Just like we hung those two guys from In Cold Blood in Kansas.

The Varieties of American Execution

I know. LOL. In his case, something lengthy, like hanging.........

• Arturo likes this

#34 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Weren't the Rosenbergs tried and executed for passing classified information to the Soviets? Donald Trump has made a mockery of executive privilege, as he has debased and degraded the presidency.

At minimum should make for cozy dinner conversation later this week when he is in Israel, as he tries to explain why he outed their secret source and operation

I would volunteer for firing squad duty if it comes to that.........

The Rosenbergs got the chair.

John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald were shot ( I still can't believe I actually saw the latter occur live on CBS.)

The rest of the Booth co-conspirators were hung. Just like we hung those two guys from In Cold Blood in Kansas.

The Varieties of American Execution

#35 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

#36 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

I would volunteer for firing squad duty if it comes to that.........

• Arturo and Bogie56 like this

#37 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

Weren't the Rosenbergs tried and executed for passing classified information to the Soviets? Donald Trump has made a mockery of executive privilege, as he has debased and degraded the presidency.

At minimum should make for cozy dinner conversation later this week when he is in Israel, as he tries to explain why he outed their secret source and operation
  • mr6666 and film lover 293 like this

#38 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

Interesting conundrum.  Who do we trust less to give us an accurate summary?  Putin or Trump or a Trump surrogate?

LOL! Hard to say....

• mr6666 likes this

#39 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

Putin offers transcript of Trump meeting with Lavrov

What a generous man! I guess during the McCarthy/HUAC blacklisting hearings, the accused could have contacted Stalin, who could have written a nice note to Senator McCarthy, stating that the accused were not party members!  (Aren't Russians generous and selfless?)

62340112.jpg

Stalin to Putin

Interesting conundrum.  Who do we trust less to give us an accurate summary?  Putin or Trump or a Trump surrogate?

• mr6666, Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#40 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,943 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

Putin offers transcript of Trump meeting with Lavrov

What a generous man! I guess during the McCarthy/HUAC blacklisting hearings, the accused could have contacted Stalin, who could have written a nice note to Senator McCarthy, stating that the accused were not party members!  (Aren't Russians generous and selfless?)

62340112.jpg

Stalin to Putin

• TheCid likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users