We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
872 replies to this topic

#561 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

filmlover293. interesting theory about Conway. I figured she was off the radar for a while because she sounded like an idiot and the news stations finally realized it. Bannon and Jared are still my top two picks, aside from Trump himself.

Bogie56 I wonder what this is. What has Trump said/done now? We'll see...

My guess was Bannon because last week an Annapolis firm, which enables Republican super Pacs, was raided by the FBI. This firm allegedly had links to Steve Bannon.

But now the reports coming off the Internet seem to Center on the young man with the ex-con father. Like father, like son?
  • Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#562 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Breaking news is that Russian operatives bragged about having Flynn in the bag and thus able to influence Trump.

Wow - that is some news now that it is so out in the open but it's something a lot of us suspected for a while.

#563 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Breaking news is that Russian operatives bragged about having Flynn in the bag and thus able to influence Trump.

• Arturo likes this

#564 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

filmlover293. interesting theory about Conway.  I figured she was off the radar for a while because she sounded like an idiot and the news stations finally realized it.  Bannon and Jared are still my top two picks, aside from Trump himself.

Bogie56  I wonder what this is.  What has Trump said/done now?  We'll see...

He joked that he was the only person on the Trump campaign not to have direct contact with the Russians.

• Arturo likes this

#565 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

filmlover293. interesting theory about Conway.  I figured she was off the radar for a while because she sounded like an idiot and the news stations finally realized it.  Bannon and Jared are still my top two picks, aside from Trump himself.

Bogie56  I wonder what this is.  What has Trump said/done now?  We'll see...

• film lover 293 likes this

#566 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Watch for the New York Times to break more on Trump yucking it up with the Russians in the Oval Office on the subject of collusion.

#567 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

ChristineHoard--Trump has been calling back his former aides/campaign managers for an overhaul of his communications systems; I don't know if Corey is in the "inner circle" or not.

As for Conway--She was Trump's final campaign manager, and was appointed to a spot in the White House.  She's my pick for being dim enough to recontact the Russians, after someone(s) made the initial contact(s).  There has to be a reason other than errors in communication for her to have nearly disappeared in the last month or so.

• Arturo likes this

#568 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

#569 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

My guess is everyone ChristineHoard named, plus KellyAnne Conway and Corey Lewandowski; He was Trump's campaign manager from Jan. 2015 to June 2016, and Conway has been with Trump since 2016.

I thought Corey was no longer involved in the White House inner circle (Paul Manafort replaced him as campaign manager per the date you cited).  We know Manafort is in trouble, too, but he's not currently part of the inner White House staff.  It's somebody who's there now.  I wonder about Conway; I thought she was just a flack like Spicer but maybe more?

• film lover 293 likes this

#570 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,656 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Any thoughts on who this "person of interest"  (we all know what that phrase means) is inside the white house top staff?  If not Trump himself I'll go with Bannon or Jared. It was reported it's someone there now so that leaves Flynn out.  Time to lawyer up, staffers.  How loyal does one want to be to their boss if jail is a possibility?

I agree it could be either of those. Jared's business dealings are murky; and he has that family tradition of corruption -- his father was in prison.  And both Jared and Bannon were linked to that mysterious meeting in the Seychelles, which included a Russian close to Putin and Blackwater founder Erik Prince, who is the brother of Betsy DeVos.

• Arturo likes this

#571 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

My guess is everyone ChristineHoard named, plus KellyAnne Conway and Corey Lewandowski; He was Trump's campaign manager from Jan. 2015 to June 2016, and Conway has been with Trump since 2016.

#572 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Any thoughts on who this "person of interest"  (we all know what that phrase means) is inside the white house top staff?  If not Trump himself I'll go with Bannon or Jared. It was reported it's someone there now so that leaves Flynn out.  Time to lawyer up, staffers.  How loyal does one want to be to their boss if jail is a possibility?

#573 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

So Trump brags and tells the Russians...the Russians .. the real reason that he fired Comey and then on the same day has Old Spicer, Huckabee and later Pence go out and lie to the American public about it.

• Arturo likes this

#574 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Was Pence in the Oval office meeting with the Ruskies?  Hard to tell from the photos as they were all courtesy of Russia.  It was not long after that Pence came out with the story that it was the Assistant AG who essentially fired Comey.

"I have a great temperament" - Donald J. Trump

#575 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

russia-wants-war-us-bases-sarcastic-map.

#576 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Kyle GriffinVerified account @kylegriffin1 10h10 hours ago

Oh boy. The new cover of @TIME went there.

DAGy3znUwAAfeEj.jpg

• Swithin, Arturo, TheCid and 2 others like this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#577 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Trump just said that he could only speak for himself on the subject of collusion between his campaign and Russia during the election.

#578 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Putin+Web.jpg

#579 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Maybe Trump gave them a copy of his taping....the other alternative, where the Russians were in there taping, is scary. Bet no one saw them bring in a taping device.

It's probably still there given how incompetent they all are.

• Arturo likes this

#580 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,723 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Maybe Trump gave them a copy of his taping....the other alternative, where the Russians were in there taping, is scary. Bet no one saw them bring in a taping device.

Trump needs to turn Fox off and start watching The Americans on Fx.  Then remember that Putin was in the KGB during the Reagan years, if I am not mistaken.

Taping devices, including most phones are very small these days.  Not to mention transmitters to a nearby embassy.

• Arturo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users