We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#81 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

Will this finally start to get the attention of the Republicans or will we have to wait until they gut insurance, pass tax cuts for the rich and put more conservatives on the Supreme Court before they give a ****?

• Arturo likes this

#82 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,943 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

Scarier and scarier:

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian diplomats

https://www.washingtonpost.com

• mr6666 likes this

#83 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,943 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Political chaos in Washington is a return on investment for Moscow

President Trump’s decision to fire James Comey as FBI director was the latest destabilizing jolt to a core institution of the U.S. government that current and former officials say serves broader Russian interests. While the Kremlin may have hoped for sanctions relief and recognition of its annexation of Crimea from the Trump administration, the tumult in the United States is a welcome alternative.

https://www.washingt...m=.02434dde6720

• mr6666, Arturo, TheCid and 1 other like this

#84 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,128 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

Trump Released This Letter to Prove He Has No Russian Ties. We Annotated It.   The document raises more questions than it answers......

"....No surprise: Dillon's new letter is hardly worth the paper it's printed on, raising as many questions about Trump's business activities as it answers.....

http://www.motherjon...n-business-ties

:wacko:

"......tax experts are questioning how “Russia” was defined. Many Russian companies operate through subsidiaries or corporate shells in countries like Cyprus, The Netherlands or the British Virgin Islands.

“You would have to dig down to books and records of underlying entities to see components,” Edward Kleinbard, a tax law professor at the University of Southern California told the New York Times, to determine the real sources of income.

“Asserting that TTO (The Trump Organization) counter-parties are not ‘Russian,'” added Kleinbard, “is genuinely meaningless.”

http://occupydemocra...d-fears-russia/

• Arturo likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#85 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

In his NBC interview Trump claimed that he has complied with Lindsay Graham's request to disclose his business dealings with Russia.  This came in the form of a letter from his lawyer stating that Trump did not have any businesses in Russia.  What they have avoided revealing however is the interests that Russians have in the Trump business empire.  I hope that Graham sees through this.  It is time for Trump to release his tax returns.

Didn't one of Trump's sons state that they did not need to borrow money in America since they got all they need from Russians?  Or something similar?

• mr6666, Arturo and Bogie56 like this

#86 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

In his NBC interview Trump claimed that he has complied with Lindsay Graham's request to disclose his business dealings with Russia.  This came in the form of a letter from his lawyer stating that Trump did not have any businesses in Russia.  What they have avoided revealing however is the interests that Russians have in the Trump business empire.  I hope that Graham sees through this.  It is time for Trump to release his tax returns.

• mr6666 and Arturo like this

#87 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

I'm originally a hillbilly from Jersey. Swimming pools. Big hair. Cement

blocks. I've lived in a number of different states since then, in both the

north and south. I just go with the flow. My NC relatives like to tell

stories about the "good old days." From what I can tell, they were never

hillbillies, but blue collar workers who lived closer to the city than out

in the country. Huckabee-Sanders has been in politics for a number of

years, so lying and double talking come as easily to her as breathing.

There's already some talk on the internet about her taking over for

ol' Sean.

• Princess of Tap likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#88 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

I don't know how she sleeps at night after lying to the entire American public day in and day out on that buffoon's behalf.

Sean Spicer and Kelly Anne must know. In fact, all of the Trump team, and especially Trump must know.

#89 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,220 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

I don't know how she sleeps at night after lying to the entire American public day in and day out on that buffoon's behalf.  

Judging by her father's words in the past, if she's anything like him, then she agrees with the kind of rhetoric espoused by Nipkow around here, as in, she's on the side of "Real America",one of God's warriors in the fight against the heathen liberal scum destroying society.

• Arturo and NipkowDisc like this

#90 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

Neither do I.

• Arturo likes this

#91 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

My apologies.  I used to live in Florida myself and have relatives there.  But I don't like her and her father's backward intolerant behaviour.

Neither do I.

#92 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

First of all, her last name is Sanders and her maiden name is Huckabee.

Second, she graduated from an accredited university.  

Why is she a "hillbilly?"  Just because she came from Arkansas?  My mother came from Arkansas.  My wife is from Tennessee. Neither one would be considered a "hillbilly" in any stretch of the imagination, except by a bigot.

Let's see Vautrin lives in the mountainous area of N.C., so I guess he is a "hillbilly" as well?

It seems a couple of the liberal/progressive/moderate types here are getting intolerant toward anyone from the South.

My apologies.  I used to live in Florida myself and have relatives there.  But I don't like her and her father's backward intolerant behaviour.

#93 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,943 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Why is she a "hillbilly?"  Just because she came from Arkansas?  My mother came from Arkansas.  My wife is from Tennessee. Neither one would be considered a "hillbilly" in any stretch of the imagination, except by a bigot.

Let's see Vautrin lives in the mountainous area of N.C., so I guess he is a "hillbilly" as well?

It seems a couple of the liberal/progressive/moderate types here are getting intolerant toward anyone from the South.

Some of my best friends come from the South. (I know, that sounds awful). I've travelled through Tennessee and Arkansas -- beautiful states.  I even dined in a bbq restaurant reputed to be one of Bill Clinton's favorites (McClard's in Hot Springs). I think my favorite spot in Arkansas is the Thorncroft Chapel, designed by E. Fay Jones, in Eureka Springs, not too far from Fayetteville. 

I wonder if the term "hillbilly" was ever non-pejorative, just to mean people who lived in the hills?  I lived with a guy from Memphis, Tennessee for many years. He always said Memphis was Southern; anything west of Lookout Mountain was Country. I once got into big trouble taking a Brillo pad to his cast iron skillet. Well, I had to clean it! (Got called a "damn Yankee" for that, which I actually took as a compliment.)

cau12.jpgThorncroft Chapel, Eureka Springs, Arkansas

#94 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hillbilly Huckabee just announced that the leader of the investigation into Russian election tampering and possible Trump collusion, James Comey was fired so that they could expedite that very same investigation.  Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.

Ok so she is Now saying that the guy who asked for more staff, resource, etc. in order to expedite the Russian collusion investigation AND then gets fires like the next day....it was to expedite this same hearing?!?

Sounds like total obstruction of justice. But all but the most rabidly partisan Trumpites can see this.
  • Swithin, mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#95 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, I have to agree that the term "Hillbilly Huckabee" isn't right.  She may be a shill for the Trump administration but the personal insult isn't necessary to make what otherwise could be a salient point.

Let's not paint everybody who lives in the South with such a broad brush.  Some of us are liberal/progressive/moderate and our numbers, our demographics, are growing.  That's why there are all these voting restriction bills, gerrymandering, etc.  The old guard right wing is getting nervous.  

• Arturo and TheCid like this

#96 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Hillbilly Huckabee just announced that the leader of the investigation into Russian election tampering and possible Trump collusion, James Comey was fired so that they could expedite that very same investigation.  Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.

• ChristineHoard likes this

#97 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

Who believes anything DUMP says anymore???

You get it though.  You are talking to the guy who you may decide to keep on or dismiss and you ask him if you are the subject of an investigation.  Where does that put Comey?

#98 Hibi

Hibi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

So Trump just admitted that he asked Comey directly if he was the subject of an investigation during a dinner in which they were to discuss whether Trump was going to continue to employ Comey.

Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.  Bill Clinton has nothing on this buffoon.

Who believes anything DUMP says anymore???

#99 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

#100 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

So Trump just admitted that he asked Comey directly if he was the subject of an investigation during a dinner in which they were to discuss whether Trump was going to continue to employ Comey.

Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.  Bill Clinton has nothing on this buffoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users