We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,688 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

Many Republican voters decide Putin’s not so bad after all-

"...the fact that the Russian leader’s support among Republicans has nearly tripled over the course of a few years is extraordinary.

Washington Post piece added, “That movement is likely attributable to Trump’s praise for Putin on the campaign trail…. In recent years, we’ve seen opinions on most every issue begin to track more and more with partisanship. Republicans like Trump, so they like who Trump likes. Period.”

Agreed. So much of politics is now driven by tribal instincts. Republicans had no use for the Russian autocrat – right up until he and their party’s president forged an awkward partnership.

For roughly a third of GOP voters, the calculus isn’t especially complicated: Trump likes Putin, Putin helped elect a Republican president, ergo, Putin’s not such a bad guy after all.

The question now is whether congressional Republicans will go along....

http://www.msnbc.com...id=sm_fb_maddow

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#82 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

In a rather deranged press conference, Trump has confirmed that the leaks are real but the news is fake.

• mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#83 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,262 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

So, Comrade Trump is calling all of the leaks linking he and his campaign to Russian operatives utter nonsense.  At the same time Comrade Trump and Paul Ryan are calling for a full investigation into these 'nonsensical' leaks.  Hmm..?  If they are nonsense doesn't that make it useless gossip and not classified intelligence leaks?

These comments are all a distraction from the real issue-----the subject matter of the conversations.

#84 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:21 PM

So, Comrade Trump is calling all of the leaks linking he and his campaign to Russian operatives utter nonsense.  At the same time Comrade Trump and Paul Ryan are calling for a full investigation into these 'nonsensical' leaks.  Hmm..?  If they are nonsense doesn't that make it useless gossip and not classified intelligence leaks?

#85 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

"The wall of Congressional Republicans supporting Trump has begun to crack as calls are growing for an independent investigation into the President’s relationship with Russia.....

On the Democratic side of the Senate, eleven Democratic Senators wrote a letter that was provided to PoliticusUSA calling for a special prosecutor

and for Attorney General Sessions to recuse himself from the investigation into the Russia/Trump relationship.

The Senators wrote, “An independent investigation is now necessary to determine what General Flynn did, who knew about it, and when,” the Senators wrote. “To maintain the confidence, credibility and impartiality of the Department of Justice, we urge you to immediately appoint an independent Special Counsel to investigate collusion with the Russian government by General Flynn and other Trump campaign, transition, and Administrative officials.”

http://www.politicus...estigation.html

it is starting to get good. :D

I just heard maxine waters say collusion and impeachment on msnbc. :lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#86 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,688 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

"The wall of Congressional Republicans supporting Trump has begun to crack as calls are growing for an independent investigation into the President’s relationship with Russia.....

On the Democratic side of the Senate, eleven Democratic Senators wrote a letter that was provided to PoliticusUSA calling for a special prosecutor

and for Attorney General Sessions to recuse himself from the investigation into the Russia/Trump relationship.

The Senators wrote, “An independent investigation is now necessary to determine what General Flynn did, who knew about it, and when,” the Senators wrote. “To maintain the confidence, credibility and impartiality of the Department of Justice, we urge you to immediately appoint an independent Special Counsel to investigate collusion with the Russian government by General Flynn and other Trump campaign, transition, and Administrative officials.”

http://www.politicus...estigation.html

#87 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,688 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

The Trump Resistance Plan: A Timeline — Russia and President Trump

Investigative reporters have begun to flesh out the Trump/Russia timeline. To keep everything in one location, here’s an updated summary (so far).....

http://billmoyers.co...resident-trump/

#88 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,262 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

No, I don't think that is it.  He's thinking of the power that he is grabbing for himself.  If he owes the Ruskies something for it I'm sure it would be akin to what he owes a bank for one of his deals.

I also doubt that that is it, but it's within the realm of possibility. Watch out for this guy. The more I listen to him, the worse he sounds.

#89 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

Enough on him for him to agree to help the Russians take over the U.S. government?

No, I don't think that is it.  He's thinking of the power that he is grabbing for himself.  If he owes the Ruskies something for it I'm sure it would be akin to what he owes a bank for one of his deals.

#90 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,262 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

Well the Obama admin is responsible for the sanctions on Russia which is hurting their economy.  The real story is what do the Ruskies have on Trump?  They obviously helped him by hacking the DNC.  But how about subpoenaing his tax returns for starters.

Enough on him for him to agree to help the Russians take over the U.S. government?

#91 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:24 PM

I'm getting curious, Bogie56. what did hillary clinton do as sec. of state to cause putin to dislike her so much?

can you imagine his thinking "I fix her! I help elect trump!  :lol: 

Well the Obama admin is responsible for the sanctions on Russia which is hurting their economy.  The real story is what do the Ruskies have on Trump?  They obviously helped him by hacking the DNC.  But how about subpoenaing his tax returns for starters.

• mr6666 and film lover 293 like this

#92 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

I'm listening to many Intelligence experts weigh in on what possible reason could the Trump campaign have had to be in constant contact with Russian Intelligence Agents and the only reason that they can think of is to coordinate their efforts to help elect Donald Trump.

I'm getting curious, Bogie56. what did hillary clinton do as sec. of state to cause putin to dislike her so much?

can you imagine his thinking "I fix her! I help elect trump!  :lol: 

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#93 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

If press secretary Spicer didn't sputter as much with that "deer in the headlights" look on his face that says, "I better get this right or ELSE" , then I wouldn't worry as much.

And isn't his job one that should CLARIFY what the president says or does, and not APOLOGIZE for either?

Just askin'.......

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#94 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

I'm listening to many Intelligence experts weigh in on what possible reason could the Trump campaign have had to be in constant contact with Russian Intelligence Agents and the only reason that they can think of is to coordinate their efforts to help elect Donald Trump.

At what point does any of this fall into the territory of treasonous activity? I'm not trying to exaggerate the situation, but doesn't this border on that level? At what point do his supporters realize how far they've fallen with their continued support of him? Are they willing to completely dismiss or even accept direct Russian complicity? I think most of them will, including his coterie of sycophants around here.

• Sepiatone and Princess of Tap like this

#95 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

• mr6666 likes this

#96 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

There is something going on with Comrade Trump's White House that the GOP know but are afraid to speak about.  There is a very telling montage of Trump on Russia in the middle of the video.

• mr6666 and LawrenceA like this

#97 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:33 AM

The word being used to describe the communication between the Trump campaign and Russian Officials by sources and Intelligence Officers is "constant."

• mr6666 likes this

#98 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:57 AM

Arrived in London last night and have already ready heard many jokes (amid some real concern) about Trump and his shenanigans. Comparisons are being made to Philby, Burgess, and Maclean -- the British spies for Russia, aka the "Cambridge Spies." 

A large segment of the American public has been duped by Trump and his traitors.  Stalin's dream has come true at last.

19285318134f06640d993e38346ffa58.jpg

#99 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:03 AM

The Trump campaign is now said to have been in constant contact with Russian nationals.  Was not Paul Manifort's resignation tied to revelations that he was taking money from the Russians?

Makes you wonder about Secretary of State Rex Tillerson too.

• mr6666 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users