We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#81 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,004 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

They may not call themselves "commies" anymore but Putin is KGB and his government and his cronies are running everything over there.  Those who disagree turn up poisoned, in prison and/or dead.  Putin wants to get the old gang of the Eastern Bloc countries back together again.  Same as it was with Stalin.

As Donny might put it, Putin is a bad dude, but he is no longer a

communist, and the Communist Party of Russia is in opposition

to him. So "red bait" is a misnomer to me. I give Uncle Joe a break

when it comes to Eastern Europe as Germany had invaded Russia

twice in twenty five years through eastern Europe.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#82 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

How do you "red bait" someone when the commies are no longer

in control in Russia?

They may not call themselves "commies" anymore but Putin is KGB and his government and his cronies are running everything over there.  Those who disagree turn up poisoned, in prison and/or dead.  Putin wants to get the old gang of the Eastern Bloc countries back together again.  Same as it was with Stalin.

#83 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,004 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

How do you "red bait" someone when the commies are no longer

in control in Russia?

#84 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

"Special Report: Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings, records show...

“I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia,” President Trump said at a news conference last month. “I have no loans in Russia. I don’t have any deals in Russia."

But in the United States, members of the Russian elite have invested in Trump buildings. A Reuters review has found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded luxury towers in southern Florida, according to public documents, interviews and corporate records....

https://www.yahoo.co...-180436652.html

Trump himself may not "own" anything or have any deals, but does the Trump Organization or any of the many "companies" with which he is affiliated?

• film lover 293 likes this

#85 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

#86 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

"Special Report: Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings, records show...

“I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia,” President Trump said at a news conference last month. “I have no loans in Russia. I don’t have any deals in Russia."

But in the United States, members of the Russian elite have invested in Trump buildings. A Reuters review has found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded luxury towers in southern Florida, according to public documents, interviews and corporate records....

https://www.yahoo.co...-180436652.html

• Bogie56 likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#87 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,884 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

New Documents Reveal Michael Flynn Had Deeper Financial Ties To Russia-

Before joining Trump’s campaign, Flynn was paid by three Russian entities, including the Kremlin-backed RT network.

http://www.huffingto...b0ec9d29d9ba8c?

Thank goodness he was never given security clearance! :D

• mr6666 likes this

#88 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

He has put together a cabaret act in case he gets toppled from power. He might have to play the clubs in Siberia.

He may be the richest man in the world, so he will probably retire to Monaco or Mar-a-Lago.

#89 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

New Documents Reveal Michael Flynn Had Deeper Financial Ties To Russia-

Before joining Trump’s campaign, Flynn was paid by three Russian entities, including the Kremlin-backed RT network.

http://www.huffingto...b0ec9d29d9ba8c?

#90 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,507 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

He has put together a cabaret act in case he gets toppled from power. He might have to play the clubs in Siberia.

#91 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

#92 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

#93 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

• Bogie56 likes this

#94 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,507 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

"Former Independent presidential candidate and former CIA operations officer Evan McMullin rolled out an ad today to pressure Congressional Republicans to name a bipartisan select committee to investigate Donald Trump’s Russia crisis.

The ad that went live Tuesday with a six-figure TV buy ends,

“Generations fought for freedom, and presidents of both parties stood against foreign tyrants like Vladimir Putin. Why won’t Donald Trump tell Congress to name a bipartisan select committee to get the truth?”

“Trump’s Russia crisis. Secret contacts. Conflicting stories. Mounting signs of hidden ties and shady deals. Fear our president is compromised,” the narrator says in an ominous tone.

“The values of liberty, justice and honor shaped America. Generations fought for freedom, and presidents of both parties stood against foreign tyrants like Vladimir Putin.

Why won’t Donald Trump tell Congress to name a bipartisan select committee to get the truth?”

-Right now, Trump has people with conflicts in charge of each “investigation” into his Russia scandal.....

http://www.politicus...ump-russia.html

Putin was initially very popular in Russia because he was a serious leader, in contrast to the buffoon Boris Yeltsin, and he used this popularity to steamroll everything in his path. Now even if Russians don't like him, nothing can be done about it.

#95 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

"Former Independent presidential candidate and former CIA operations officer Evan McMullin rolled out an ad today to pressure Congressional Republicans to name a bipartisan select committee to investigate Donald Trump’s Russia crisis.

The ad that went live Tuesday with a six-figure TV buy ends,

“Generations fought for freedom, and presidents of both parties stood against foreign tyrants like Vladimir Putin. Why won’t Donald Trump tell Congress to name a bipartisan select committee to get the truth?”

“Trump’s Russia crisis. Secret contacts. Conflicting stories. Mounting signs of hidden ties and shady deals. Fear our president is compromised,” the narrator says in an ominous tone.

“The values of liberty, justice and honor shaped America. Generations fought for freedom, and presidents of both parties stood against foreign tyrants like Vladimir Putin.

Why won’t Donald Trump tell Congress to name a bipartisan select committee to get the truth?”

-Right now, Trump has people with conflicts in charge of each “investigation” into his Russia scandal.....

http://www.politicus...ump-russia.html

• Bogie56 likes this

#96 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

#97 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

The Russian mail order brides are not too bad either. :D

real-mail-order-7.jpg

#98 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

#99 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,004 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

Fats has nothing to worry about.

How about Killer Queen?

#100 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,507 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

He sang James Brown's "If I Ruled the World".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users