We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Comrade Trump

• Please log in to reply
731 replies to this topic

#81 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,890 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

My puppy had been house broken for over 5 weeks when he made a mistake and went on the carpet, I cleaned it up in about a minute and he's been fine. When our Intelligence agencies make mistakes people can die, example Iraq, you can do your own research as to the death and destruction that preceded.

The Intelligence agencies should be held to the highest possible scrutiny and with their pass deplorable actions I need to see undisputed proof that they are right and so far they aren't close. 

Central Intelligence Agency. Now, there's a contradiction in terms..........Capt Mancuso "The Hunt For Red October" (1990)

#82 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,393 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

My puppy had been house broken for over 5 weeks when he made a mistake and went on the carpet, I cleaned it up in about a minute and he's been fine. When our Intelligence agencies make mistakes people can die, example Iraq, you can do your own research as to the death and destruction that preceded.

The Intelligence agencies should be held to the highest possible scrutiny and with their pass deplorable actions I need to see undisputed proof that they are right and so far they aren't close.

NONSENSE-- Iraq was just about Dick Cheney and his neocons cherry-picking or buying or threatening to get whatever intelligence they wanted to promote.

You can kick the intelligence community on 9/11, but Iraq, that was a
Dick Cheney production, indeed with the acquiescence of the Bush boy.
  • Arturo and TheCid like this

#83 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

Iraq was based on faulty intelligence.  They have certainly lied about spying on their own citizens.   Meddling in South America for years was a moral mistake.  That's why you should start a thread about this.  I would gladly add to it!  

Thankfully America has a system where these things come to light.

But you will have to wait a long long time to see this classified evidence.  To reveal how they uncovered the meddling in the election would only assist the meddlers.  Surely you see that?  They have in this case provided the evidence to your elected officials on both sides of the aisle.  Again do you think the Europeans are also lying about the election hacking by Russians?  And we're not just talking about stolen emails here but the co-ordinated attacks on social media that must have been done by 100's of bots.

The Intelligence agencies should be held to the highest possible scrutiny and with their pass deplorable actions I need to see undisputed proof that they are right and so far they aren't close. 

#84 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,759 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:16 AM

Iraq was based on faulty intelligence.  They have certainly lied about spying on their own citizens.   Meddling in South America for years was a moral mistake.  That's why you should start a thread about this.  I would gladly add to it!  

But you will have to wait a long long time to see this classified evidence.  To reveal how they uncovered the meddling in the election would only assist the meddlers.  Surely you see that?  They have in this case provided the evidence to your elected officials on both sides of the aisle.  Again do you think the Europeans are also lying about the election hacking by Russians?  And we're not just talking about stolen emails here but the co-ordinated attacks on social media that must have been done by 100's of bots.

It's hard for me to work up any sympathy for anyone involved here.  The first time ANYONE'S identity got stolen due to "hacking" of personal information acquired through iNet usage should have been warning enough that for this method to be useful for such sensitive information to be safe enough, requisite steps needed to be taken for security before everything classified went viral.

Like I don't feel sorry for ANYONE who does EVERYTHING online, through their phones or desktops, laptops etc.  like paying bills, banking, shopping, whatever that requires SOME personal financial info goes into cyberspace and then sits slack-jawed in dismay that their identity's been stolen and their lives are in ruins.

Oh, BOO-HOO, moron.  Next time don't DRINK the "Kool-Ade", just pour it down the drain!

"YAHOO!" is what these sleazebags shout everytime a new sucker gets "hooked"!

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#85 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,393 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:06 AM

45]5kuuC-pL_bigger.jpgLaurence TribeVerified account @tribelaw

More

Jared, Paul, etc: Trump's promises to bail you out if you commit perjury may fail: courts could well toss out pardons by a co-conspirator!

Laurence Tribe is a Professor at the Harvard School of Law--

Tribe has taught the following students:

-- President Barack Obama

-- Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts

-- Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Elena Kagan

-- Senator Ted Cruz
  • Arturo, Bogie56 and film lover 293 like this

#86 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

I think I will wait to see the evidence first and see if the evidence can hold up under scrutiny. When has it become so easy just to believe in the prosecutors case without the argument by the defense? And I agree with you that the Intelligence agencies have made mistakes in the past.  Bogie what mistakes have the intelligence agency made in the past?

• mr6666 and Arturo like this

#87 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Though I think Greenwald has played an important role in providing substantive information to the public about a case he was intimately involved with regards the case of Russian meddling in the election he is just guessing about things and his word is not as credible as those of the senators and congressmen who have all seen the classified evidence for themselves and have ALL arrived at the same conclusion.  Yes, there have been mistakes made by the Intelligence agencies in the past but there is no reason to believe one has occurred here.

We have now seen evidence of collusion.  Where is the evidence that the hacking was done by a 400 pound kid and not the Russians?  I suppose all the Europeans are lying about Russian hacking too?

I think I will wait to see the evidence first and see if the evidence can hold up under scrutiny. When has it become so easy just to believe in the prosecutors case without the argument by the defense? And I agree with you that the Intelligence agencies have made mistakes in the past.  Bogie what mistakes have the intelligence agency made in the past?

#88 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

Though I think Greenwald has played an important role in providing substantive information to the public about a case he was intimately involved however with regards the case of Russian meddling in the election he is just guessing about things and his word is not as credible as those of the senators and congressmen who have all seen the classified evidence for themselves and have ALL arrived at the same conclusion.  Yes, there have been mistakes made by the Intelligence agencies in the past but there is no reason to believe one has occurred here.

We have now seen evidence of collusion.  Where is the evidence that the hacking was done by a 400 pound kid and not the Russians?  I suppose all the Europeans are lying about Russian hacking too?

#89 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

#90 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:52 AM

I think this is important to be aware of as it plays into Trump's hand...

jakeem, on 21 Jul 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

snapback.png

45]v4AxUdkr_bigger.jpgRichard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA

More

Sessions story is suspicious. Trump wants him fired for not recusing on Russia. Somebody leaked intel to get him fired.jakeem, on 21 Jul 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

snapback.png

This is a mess. Trump could use this as an excuse to fire Sessions and appoint someone else who will fire Mueller.

• Arturo likes this

#91 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,393 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

45]n-Ic9nBO_bigger.jpgWashington PostVerified account @washingtonpost

More

Sessions discussed matters related to Trump campaign with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show

45]v4AxUdkr_bigger.jpgRichard W. Painter@RWPUSA

More

This is a mess. Trump could use this as an excuse to fire Sessions and appoint someone else who will fire Mueller.

45]v4AxUdkr_bigger.jpgRichard W. Painter@RWPUSA

More

Sessions story is suspicious. Trump wants him fired for not recusing on Russia. Sonebody leaked intel to get him fired.

Another possible constitutional crisis
  • Arturo likes this

#92 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

#93 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,789 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Jeff Sessions has now moved the goalposts.   No longer is it that he never met with Russians to discuss campaign issues.  It is now he never met with Russians to discuss their interference in the election.

:D

Sessions will be gone within a month,  if not sooner.    What a clown.  

#94 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

Jeff Sessions has now moved the goalposts.   No longer is it that he never met with Russians to discuss campaign issues.  It is now he never met with Russians to discuss their interference in the election.

:D

#95 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

Point accepted.

I was just trying to point out that Kennedy would have been reluctant to terminate an ongoing "mission," especially one that had been approved by the "hero" of WW  II.  This would have been especially true as he was another "hero" of WW  II and to great extent respected military judgement of others.

True, it would have been difficult to pull the plug on Operation Groundhog or whatever 

it was called, considering the Cold War tenor of the times and that Ike was in favor of

it. It would have taken a true profile in courage to just end it and upset a lot of people.

Looking back, it's now just a minor embarrassment in the history of American Cuban

relations. 

[My calling it an attempted invasion may be somewhat exaggerated, as I believe

the theory was that the Cuban people would rise up against Castro and provide

the margin of victory. Well, it's all academic now.]

• TheCid likes this

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#96 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,601 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

True, the idea and planning did start under Ike, but JFK could have

cancelled it, though that would have made some of those involved

very angry. That was different from Obama inheriting wars that

had been ongoing for years.

Point accepted.

I was just trying to point out that Kennedy would have been reluctant to terminate an ongoing "mission," especially one that had been approved by the "hero" of WW  II.  This would have been especially true as he was another "hero" of WW  II and to great extent respected military judgement of others.

#97 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

Jimmy the jagoff nightclub comedian and foreign policy expert. LOL.

#98 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

While Kennedy did approve it, it sort of started duing the Eisenhower administration.

Just as Obama inherited the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars from Bush.

True, the idea and planning did start under Ike, but JFK could have

cancelled it, though that would have made some of those involved

very angry. That was different from Obama inheriting wars that

had been ongoing for years.

#99 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,601 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Is Trump's inquiries about pardoning himself and those around him proof enough, you think?

Not really.  With him it is a combination of ego and paranoia.

#100 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,601 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

A lot of positive reaction to a recent letter writer to the Detroit Free Press that stated they, and a lot of other people, Trump supporters or not, were SICK of the constant coverage of this stuff.  Asks to wait until some NEW and unshakable PROOF come to light before boring us all with more of the same.

Sepiatone

I can agree with that.  I have almost stopped watching MSNBC and CNN because they cover nothing but Russia investigation - or at least it seems like it.  HLN is somewhat better in that they do present other news, at least in Robin Meade's show.

Cover the Russia "news" in five minutes and then move on to what is happening in rest of the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users