We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

"My Administration is Running Like A Fine-Tuned Machine"....

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

The White House Easter Egg Roll is like health care: Nobody knew it could be so complicated!-

https://thinkprogres...ll-72851d79e972

:blink:

• LawrenceA likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#2 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:12 PM

The Shifting Alliances and Rival Factions Inside Trump’s West Wing-

"The prospect of Stephen K. Bannon’s dismissal has brought renewed attention to the inner workings of President Trump’s White House, a fractious ecosystem of competing centers of power....

https://www.nytimes....times&smtyp=cur

#3 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

I would suggest that trump doan care what any of his chronically biased detractors think about anything.

Complete HS.  There has never been so narcissistic a buffoon so enamoured with his own ratings.  That was what the attack on Syria was all about.  The hypocrisy took a back seat to Trump trying to rescue his ratings.

• TheCid and film lover 293 like this

#4 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,183 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

the msm and some posters here can analyze trump and his reasoning all they want until bing crosby's horse finally comes in.....

I would suggest that trump doan care what any of his chronically biased detractors think about anything.

he's in and he's gonna ride...hard!

"saddle up!" -john wayne, the sands of iwo jima

:)

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#5 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

I think the differing viewpoints of Nikki Haley and Rex Tillerson are interesting.  It does not seem that there is a clear position on anything in the Trump administration.

I have been disappointed in that I hoped I would hear and see less of Haley when she got sent to NYC as UN ambassador.  The other day she was on three of four news programs at the same time.  Of course, it was because she was presenting a viewpoint differing from Tillerson and  "Old" Trump.

#6 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:34 AM

Do you think we need Dr. Carson to get in there as a mediator? LOL

Q18hcTh.jpg

If you can wake him up. zzzzzz

#7 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Fra--The New York Times said that Bannon used the word "cuck", as in "cuckserative", to describe Jared Kushner.

#8 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

Two Jews are not easily going to embrace an Anti-Semite like Bannon.

Well, Steve Bannon is a white nationalist and I bet Dr. Ben Carson has embraced him on a number of occasions.

Do you think we need Dr. Carson to get in there as a mediator? LOL

#9 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

"President Trump turned to his two top aides and told them he had had enough of their incessant knife-fights in the media.

“Work this out,” Mr. Trump said, according to two people briefed on the exchange. The admonition was aimed at Stephen K. Bannon, the tempestuous chief strategist, and Reince Priebus, the mild-mannered chief of staff, over a series of dust-ups with Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, and the top economic adviser, Gary D. Cohn.

But they may not be able to.....

https://www.nytimes....hone-share&_r=0

-_-

Two Jews are not easily going to embrace an Anti-Semite like Bannon.

#10 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

"President Trump turned to his two top aides and told them he had had enough of their incessant knife-fights in the media.

“Work this out,” Mr. Trump said, according to two people briefed on the exchange. The admonition was aimed at Stephen K. Bannon, the tempestuous chief strategist, and Reince Priebus, the mild-mannered chief of staff, over a series of dust-ups with Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, and the top economic adviser, Gary D. Cohn.

But they may not be able to.....

https://www.nytimes....hone-share&_r=0

-_-

#11 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

I think Blood is thicker than water is one of those

rare phrases that is both literally and figuratively

true.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#12 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

Apparently there's been some hateful name-calling on Bannon's part that would remind us of his white nationalist background from Breitbart.

Odds for Bannon on this is a non-starter--as my father used to say,
"Blood is thicker than water."

..like, calling Kushner a dirty  k I k e?

#13 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:05 PM

BANNON vs. KUSHNER?

"...in recent days, the Kushner-Bannon relationship has reportedly soured. The New York Times and Politico both published April 5 stories detailing clashes between the two. The stories, which were driven by anonymous sources who seem to be part of Kushner’s camp, portray Kushner as deeply concerned with Bannon’s priorities and the way he “plays to the president’s worst impulses.”

While Kushner seems to be using traditional media outlets to aid an internal fight with Bannon, the White House chief strategist’s defense has come from his former website. Breitbart -....

https://mediamatters...-son-law/215938

"...On foreign policy, Mr. Kushner is more inclined toward intervention in the Middle East while Mr. Bannon would prefer that the United States remain as uncommitted as possible...

& see: https://www.nytimes....hite-house.html

-_-

Apparently there's been some hateful name-calling on Bannon's part that would remind us of his white nationalist background from Breitbart.

Odds for Bannon on this is a non-starter--as my father used to say,
"Blood is thicker than water."

#14 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

BANNON vs. KUSHNER?

"...in recent days, the Kushner-Bannon relationship has reportedly soured. The New York Times and Politico both published April 5 stories detailing clashes between the two. The stories, which were driven by anonymous sources who seem to be part of Kushner’s camp, portray Kushner as deeply concerned with Bannon’s priorities and the way he “plays to the president’s worst impulses.”

While Kushner seems to be using traditional media outlets to aid an internal fight with Bannon, the White House chief strategist’s defense has come from his former website. Breitbart -....

https://mediamatters...-son-law/215938

"...On foreign policy, Mr. Kushner is more inclined toward intervention in the Middle East while Mr. Bannon would prefer that the United States remain as uncommitted as possible...

& see: https://www.nytimes....hite-house.html

-_-

#15 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Schooling Trump on NATO.........

"Saturday morning, President Trump picked up his phone and criticized “fake news” reports about his meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and doubled down on his claim during the campaign that Germany should have to pay more to the U.S. and NATO to reimburse the “vast sums” of money spent on Germany’s national security. Ivo Daalder, who is the former U.S. ambassador to NATO, smacked down Trump’s argument in front of the entire internet.

In his own Twitter tirade, Daalder explained the basics of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization to the 45th President of the United States, including the fact that Germany doesn’t owe the U.S. or NATO a penny, as both the U.S. and Germany have both committed to spending a certain percentage of their national GDP on protecting all of the countries who are members of NATO....

see entire: http://resistancerep...educates-trump/

#16 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

It's a shame there can't be more German reporters at future press conferences to ask Trump the pointed questions he doesn't want to hear.

Amazing that Trump and his spokespeople (in this case, Sean Spicer) repeat wiretap "information" gained from Fox News, rather than his own intel agencies. And, should the news turn out to be false, refer his questioners back to Fox News! "Not my fault, man!"

Very-Funny-Smiling-Donald-Trump-Picture.

Donald Trump, The Buck Doesn't Stop Here President

He cannot take one scintilla of criticism.  He sure can dish it out though.  He has been and still is merciless when it comes to Obama. He's so vain he cannot understand the role of President.

#17 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

The report I saw had the White House clarify that they DID NOT apologize to Great Britain.  And in fact Trump doubled down on the wire tapping claim by saying that he and Merkel had something in common.  I believe at the moment Trump is not accepting the word out of GB that they did not tap him.

It was unethical for the U.S. Intelligence to tap Merkel but not illegal as she is a foreign national.

It's a shame there can't be more German reporters at future press conferences to ask Trump the pointed questions he doesn't want to hear.

Amazing that Trump and his spokespeople (in this case, Sean Spicer) repeat wiretap "information" gained from Fox News, rather than his own intel agencies. And, should the news turn out to be false, refer his questioners back to Fox News! "Not my fault, man!"

Very-Funny-Smiling-Donald-Trump-Picture.

Donald Trump, The Buck Doesn't Stop Here President

#18 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

EXCEPT FOR........

"Trump Administration Formally Apologizes to Britain for False Wiretapping Accusation-

http://www.politicus...accusation.html

The report I saw had the White House clarify that they DID NOT apologize to Great Britain.  And in fact Trump doubled down on the wire tapping claim by saying that he and Merkel had something in common.  I believe at the moment Trump is not accepting the word out of GB that they did not tap him.

It was unethical for the U.S. Intelligence to tap Merkel but not illegal as she is a foreign national.

#19 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

EXCEPT FOR........

"Trump Administration Formally Apologizes to Britain for False Wiretapping Accusation-

http://www.politicus...accusation.html

#20 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Donald Trump’s Worst Deal- "The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.....

A former top official in Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Tourism says that, when he learned of the Trump hotel project, he asked himself, “Why would someone put a luxury hotel there? Nobody who can afford to stay there would want to be in that neighborhood.”......

“You can’t go into business deals in Azerbaijan assuming that you are immune from the F.C.P.A.” She added, “Nor can you escape liability by looking the other way. The entire Baku deal is a giant red flag—the direct involvement of foreign government officials and their relatives in Azerbaijan with ties to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Corruption warning signs are rarely more obvious.”.....

“The Trump Organization’s Baku project shows the lack of ‘extreme vetting’ Mr. Trump applied to his own business dealings in corruption-plagued regimes around the globe. . . . Congress—and the Trump Administration itself—has a duty to examine whether the President or his family is exposed to terrorist financing, sanctions, money laundering, and other imprudent associations through their business holdings and connections.”....

http://www.newyorker...umps-worst-deal

If one wants a honeymoon that's off the beaten path, destination Azerbaijan may be the ticket. :blink: 

917e8b70bd0bb09eb37e5c8125e15880.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users