in chronological order
1. Frankenstein(1931)Karloff's first as the Monster,first appearance is still chilling,great scene with little Maria by the lake.
2. The Old Dark House(1932)-playing a mute butler who can be dangerous when drunk,he is one of many strange characters in this funny and scary film.
3.The Black Cat(1934)-this may be Boris's most evil character ever,he plays a devil worshiping killer who steals Bela Lugosi's wife,kills her and then marries Bela's daughter.
4. Bride Of Frankenstein(1935)-best performance as the Monster,best scenes are the hilarious and touching ones with the blind man and also when he meets his mate.
5. The Raven(1935)as an escaped con who is blackmailed by mad doctor Lugosi,he is menacing and sympathetic.
6. Son Of Frankenstein(1939)last performance as the Monster,not as much to do here,but two scenes(where he screams when finding his friend's dead body and the stunning climax at the sulfur pit)are among his finest moments on film.
7. House Of Frankenstein(1944)he is a great mad scientist here,he holds his own even when there are several other scene stealing actors(John Carradine,Lon Chaney Jr,J Carroll Naish)
8. The Body Snatcher(1945)-subtle but very scary,he is a reptile like character who gleefully torments shady doctor Henry Daniell while providing him with dead bodies.
9. The Raven(1963)-Boris shows a flair for comedy here,as a an evil sorcerer who battles good magician Vincent Price.
10. Targets(1968)brilliant suspense film,great scenes of Karloff telling a scary story and final scene where he confronts the sniper is haunting.
What are yours?