We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Quiet Gun (1957)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Terrence1

Terrence1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,430 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

AlamoScout, I thank you for reminding us of this movie.  I've heard of it, but I don't think I've ever seen it.  And that surprises me, since I absolutely love Westerns.  And Mara Corday has made some wonderful Westerns herself.  I'm a real fan of hers, so I'll be sure to look out for this movie.

• rayban likes this

#2 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,177 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

In a lot of ways The Quiet Gun reminds of High Noon.  Maybe not in the same class but it's just as entertaining with a terrific ending. 

A lot of westerns were inspired by HIGH NOON. Another good one is SILVER LODE with John Payne.

• rayban likes this

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#3 AlamoScout210

AlamoScout210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:05 AM

Sheriff Carl Brandon must uphold the law and prevent a lynching when his best friend is accused of murder and immorality by the townsfolk.

Forrest Tucker stars in this movie I just happened to catch for the first time a few months ago and I took to it like a flea to a dog. Forrest has had many good roles in many great westerns, but here he really stands out as the feature headliner as a sheriff whose easy going manner belies his handiness with a gun. Forrest is surrounded by a well recognizable supporting cast - Mara Corday, Jim Davis, Lee Van Cleef & Hank Worden.

In a lot of ways The Quiet Gun reminds of High Noon.  Maybe not in the same class but it's just as entertaining with a terrific ending. 

This movie is highly recommendable especially for Forrest Tucker fans. 8/10

• rayban likes this

"Anybody who doesn't want to hang can step out get shot"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users