We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Legend Of Boggy Creek (1972)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RipMurdock

RipMurdock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

I love this low budget film about a Bigfoot-type creature in Arkansas.

It's done in "documentary" style with grainy photography and amateur actors. Which is a plus since the locations are real the peoples's accents are genuine.

Another great thing is the music, there are some haunting folky type songs, typical of the early 70s singer/songwriter songs.

Many have criticized this film for the very reasons I have stated why I love it.

Any other fans of this one? 

Fun film and the Phenix City style documentary effects are clever. Pierce was a nice man and too bad he did not have more chances to show some range.

#2 TikiSoo

TikiSoo

sprockethole

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

I've only seen the MST3K version of Boggy Creek 2 and The Legend Continues (85), but it's one of my favorites.

I really like Charles B. Pierce, the guy who made the original. To me, his talent is overlooked, and ridiculed to some extent. But I'm glad MST at least brought his work to my attention. (even if they do refer to him as "..the rarely seen male camel t o e" due to his skin tight clothing....ah the 80's)

I've only caught some of the original LEGEND Of BOGGY CREEK and THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN on COMET-TV this past year or so, and was impressed - Charles B. Pierce's work seems overlooked.

I like these movies for many of the reasons the original posts states-the Texarcana locations, people and music. Too bad they have only reached cult status.

#3 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

I have heard of it but never saw it. The seventies was a great decade for this stuff. David L. Wolper and even Disney were tackling Bigfoot and Nessie during this time in "legit" documentaries, followed by In Search of... The 1950s was a boom period for Yeti (Abominable Snowman) in movies and radio shows (CBS's Escape), but the post Roger Patterson era (1967) belonged to Sasquatch.

#4 Det Jim McLeod

Det Jim McLeod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

I love this low budget film about a Bigfoot-type creature in Arkansas.

It's done in "documentary" style with grainy photography and amateur actors. Which is a plus since the locations are real the peoples's accents are genuine.

Another great thing is the music, there are some haunting folky type songs, typical of the early 70s singer/songwriter songs.

Many have criticized this film for the very reasons I have stated why I love it.

Any other fans of this one? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users