We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Charade; The Pink Panther (both 1963)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 kjrwe

kjrwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

I don't like CHARADE, at all; but, I love THE PINK PANTHER.

Hmm...interesting!

In the past, I've heard mixed feelings from others about The Pink Panther, but all those folks seemed to think that Charade was excellent. Some of these folks seem to think that The Pink Panther has a weak storyline, that it's too slow, etc.

Now I come across someone who doesn't like Charade, but loves The Pink Panther. I admit that this is the first time I've bumped into anyone on any forum with these opinions of both films.

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about Charade

(Personally, I adore both movies!)

#22 johnm001

johnm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Tonight I watched two old favorites of mine. I've seen both of them multiple times:

Charade (1963)

The Pink Panther (1963)

Both films have great storylines, lovely music (thank you, Mr. Mancini), terrific cinematography, and I'm always impressed by the clothing/hairdos. Everyone in both films is perfectly cast. Each film is well paced. Usually I'll watch these films back-to-back.

Highly recommended.

I don't like CHARADE, at all; but, I love THE PINK PANTHER.

#23 kjrwe

kjrwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

I wanted to add a few comments here about Charade...MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD...

spoilers....

1. How on earth could Cary Grant's character NOT have thought that the stamps would be worth a lot of money? Considering the kind of job he did, it should have obvious to him.

2. Why on earth did Reggie's husband decide to "hide" the money by buying stamps? Didn't he think that the letter could get lost in the mail, or that Reggie would just toss out the envelope without bothering to take out the stamps?

3. No way could Tex (the final victim) have written "DYLE" on the floor before he died. He was completely bound. I think the real Carson Dyle must have done it, in order to implicate the man calling himself Dyle. Serious mistake on his part, because the man calling himself Dyle would have clued in that the real Carson Dyle must still be alive. That's probably why he said "that man is Carson Dyle" when Reggie went to meet the man she thought she could trust.

#24 kjrwe

kjrwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:48 AM

Tonight I watched two old favorites of mine. I've seen both of them multiple times:

Charade (1963)

The Pink Panther (1963)

Both films have great storylines, lovely music (thank you, Mr. Mancini), terrific cinematography, and I'm always impressed by the clothing/hairdos. Everyone in both films is perfectly cast. Each film is well paced. Usually I'll watch these films back-to-back.

Highly recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users