We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

May 2017 TCM Spotlight Creature Features

Monsters Horror

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

The Marineland sequences are where they shot the gill man being held as a tourist attraction in Revenge of the Creature. It also was the same place where Richard Carlson's character was working at in Creature from the Black Lagoon. That is not where the Gill man lives.

#2 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,262 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

Have any of you guys been to the theme park called Marineland in Florida? That's where they shot the sequences in Creature from the Black Lagoon and Revenge of the Creature. The park is still functional, but it's now a facility where you would have encounters with dolphins and play fun activities in the park.

I'm confused;   Wasn't Marineland a salt water park?   I know the one in So Cal was.

I ask because before you said "lives in the lake of Silver Springs in the Ocala county".     Lakes are freshwater and the original film's setting wasn't the ocean but inland water based locations (i.e. a fresh water lake),  right?

(Revenge, which I haven't seen in years has so ocean scenes if I recall correctly).

#3 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Have any of you guys been to the theme park called Marineland in Florida? That's where they shot the sequences in Creature from the Black Lagoon and Revenge of the Creature. The park is still functional, but it's now a facility where you would have encounters with dolphins and play fun activities in the park.

#4 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

They should have the next TCM spotlight entitled The Best of the Worst. Films that are so bad, you just can't help but love them, no matter how flawed they may be.

#5 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

They should bring in the guys from Rifftrax to host the TCM spotlight Creature Features. Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett. They are excellent movie buffs and actors as well. I think of them as huge celebrities.

#6 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,221 posts
  • LocationThereabouts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

As a Floridian, having the Gill Man as part of the Creature Features is a real honor. Since every other part of the globe has their own movie monster, we have one that lives in the lake of Silver Springs in the Ocala county. And we have our very own Universal Studios theme park in Orlando. So, it fits perfectly with the spotlight for May.

When I visited Silver Springs a number of times in nearby Ocala (Marion County) years ago, I pestered the tour guide with questions about Creature from the Black Lagoon.

• TopBilled likes this

#7 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

As a Floridian, having the Gill Man as part of the Creature Features is a real honor. Since every other part of the globe has their own movie monster, we have one that lives in the lake of Silver Springs in the Ocala county. And we have our very own Universal Studios theme park in Orlando. So, it fits perfectly with the spotlight for May.

• LawrenceA likes this

#8 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

Every Thursday in May, starting at 8:00 pm, TCM is proud to spotlight 25 outstanding creature flicks featuring some of the iconic and lesser known monster icons in the history of cinema.

Thursday May 4th

8:00 PM - Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)

9:30 PM - Revenge of the Creature (1955)

11:15 PM - King Kong (1933)

1:15 AM - Mothra (1961)

3:15 AM - The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953)

5:00 AM - Reptilicus (1961)

6:30 AM - The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956)

Thursday May 11th

8:00 PM - Rodan (1958)

9:30 PM - The Black Scorpion (1957)

11:15 PM - The Deadly Mantis (1957) (TCM Premire) 

1:00 AM - The Monster that Challenged the World (1957)

2:45 AM - Empire Of The Ants (1977)

4:30 AM - The Giant Claw (1957)

Thursday May 18th

8:00 PM - Them! (1954)

9:45 PM - Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956)

11:30 PM - It Came From Beneath the Sea (1955)

1:00 AM - The Giant Behemoth (1959)

2:30 AM - The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues (1955)

4:00 AM - The Magnetic Monster (1953)

Thursday May 25th

8:00 PM - Tarantula (1955)

9:30 PM - Return of the Fly (1959)

11:15 PM - The Cosmic Monster (1958)

12:45 AM - The Wasp Woman (1960)

2:00 AM - Swamp Thing (1982)

4:00 AM - The Killer Shrews (1959)

• TopBilled, Barton_Keyes and LawrenceA like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monsters, Horror

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users