We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

ISRAEL MIDDLE EAST NEWS

MAKE JERUSALEM THE CAPITAL

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#41 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

fOuyjxjY_bigger.jpeg Free BeaconVerified account @FreeBeacon 5h5 hours ago

ISIS Posting Syrian Children Outside of Car Bomb Factories to Prevent U.S. Airstrikes https://goo.gl/YSScwj  via @nataliejohnsonnDGnwOkwXoAEgyGD.jpg

Cowardly...the end is near for 'em...make it brutal and mean...for ISIS...

• NipkowDisc likes this

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#42 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

Israel moves to close Al Jazeera, ban its journalists-  

"The Doha-based media network denounced the measures from a country that claims to be "the only democracy in the Middle East".

"Al Jazeera stresses that it will closely watch the developments that may result from the Israeli decision, and will take the necessary legal measures towards it," it said in a statement.

It also denied the charges its coverage of al-Aqsa Mosque unrest was unprofessional.

"Al Jazeera will continue to cover the events of the occupied Palestinian territories professionally and accurately, according to the standards set by international agencies, such as the UK Office of Communications (Ofcom)."

...Marwan Bishara, Al Jazeera senior political analyst, said the latest move by Israel shows a "synergy" of "dictatorships" in the Arab world and "dictatorship of military occupation in Palestine".

..."It is a shocking statement, and it completely undermines Israel's claims to be the only democracy in the region, because it gets to the heart of one of the most important institutions of democracy....

http://www.aljazeera...6130215616.html

• LawrenceA likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#43 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

Jared Kushner’s Pro-Israel Bias Is Nothing New for U.S. Mideast Envoys — It’s Just the Most Blatant-

".....What else did we expect from a millionaire property developer with no knowledge of Middle East affairs and zero experience of international diplomacy who was appointed by a billionaire property developer with no knowledge of Middle East affairs and zero experience of international diplomacy?

Trump’s son-in-law not only lacks the necessary qualifications, experience and knowledge, he also lacks even the pretense of balance or objectivity.......

...his “family used its real estate fortune to donate millions of dollars to American Jewish and Israeli hospitals, schools and other institutions, including a few in settlements.” (“For hardline West Bank settlers, Jared Kushner’s their man,” read the headline to a recent Reuters article.)

....the Palestinians and their supporters are not asking for the United States to attack or even abandon the Jewish state. What they want is fairness, not favors. But thanks to a mixture of factors — US strategic interests in the Middle East; the power of the military-industrial complex; the influence of Jewish American organizations; the rise of Rapture-obsessed Christian evangelicals — they tend to get neither....

Bernie Sanders, who happens to be Jewish, agree — and are now pushing back against the pro-Israeli, pro-Likud consensus. “There will never be peace in that region unless the United States plays a role, an even-handed role trying to bring people together,” Sanders said in a CNN debate last year, adding, “If we pursue justice and peace, we are going to have to say that Netanyahu is not right all of the time.”

This is the key point: You cannot make peace in the Middle East without an honest broker,...

https://theintercept...e-most-blatant/

#44 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica @cafenetamerica 8m8 minutes ago

REVEALED: McMaster ‘Deeply Hostile to Israel’ – Banned Netanyahu From Accompanying POTUS to Western Wall http://dlvr.it/PbXf4m  #tcotDGUHx72UIAAA4Qo.jpg

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#45 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica @cafenetamerica 54m54 minutes ago

CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Israelis take down Palestinian terrorist after stabbing attack in Yavne http://twitchy.com/g...ttack-in-yavne/OFKm7SCXDtQg6mFW.jpg

John Wayne

#46 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

TOI_logo_twitter_bigger.png The Times of IsraelVerified account @TimesofIsrael 11h11 hours ago

John Wayne

#47 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

sFS26h4s_bigger.jpg The Jerusalem PostVerified account @Jerusalem_Post 11h11 hours ago

'I don't know,' Kushner says on Mideast peace: 'There may be no solution' http://dlvr.it/Pb3Q2G  #MiddleEastDGJ8zkKU0AA_89_.jpg

John Wayne

#48 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

sFS26h4s_bigger.jpg The Jerusalem PostVerified account @Jerusalem_Post 11h11 hours ago

Anne Frank wrote her last diary entry on this day http://dlvr.it/Pb3mTM  #DiasporaDGKD51SVYAAVjJT.jpg

John Wayne

#49 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

What Kushner’s Leaked Speech Gets Wrong About Mideast Peace-

The president’s son in law thinks he knows better than the peace processors who came before him. He’s about to get a rude awakening........

http://www.politico....dle-east-215445

:unsure:

#50 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

John Wayne

#51 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

DEmj55jj_bigger.png

Erdogan urges all Muslims to 'visit' and 'protect' Jerusalem http://www.dailymail...-Jerusalem.htmlwire-1019619-1500980498-782_634x391.jpg

John Wayne

#52 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

sFS26h4s_bigger.jpg The Jerusalem PostVerified account @Jerusalem_Post 10h10 hours ago

Intensive efforts to defuse crisis with Jordan over deadly embassy incident http://dlvr.it/PYH2zS  #ArabIsraeliConflict DFj2D5vUAAAsjfI.jpg

John Wayne

#53 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:54 AM

sFS26h4s_bigger.jpg The Jerusalem PostVerified account @Jerusalem_Post 8h8 hours ago

1,600-year-old wine press discovered in #Israel http://www.jpost.com...at-Negev-500669

• NipkowDisc likes this

John Wayne

#54 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

sFS26h4s_bigger.jpg The Jerusalem PostVerified account @Jerusalem_Post 2h2 hours ago

Russian military police deploy close to Israel's Golan Heights to monitor safe zones http://dlvr.it/PYMzRK  #ArabIsraeliConflict DFleNwlUQAIHRBz.jpg

John Wayne

#55 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

sFS26h4s_bigger.jpg The Jerusalem PostVerified account @Jerusalem_Post 57m57 minutes ago

WATCH: UN Security Council discusses 'the Palestinian question' http://dlvr.it/PYNdMd  #ArabIsraeliConflict DFlrBY9UIAALb-4.jpg

John Wayne

#56 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

sFS26h4s_bigger.jpg The Jerusalem PostVerified account @Jerusalem_Post 36m36 minutes ago

Israel police: Cameras are to protect, not to invade privacy http://dlvr.it/PYNssS  #BreakingNewsDFlvdB8UQAATi46.jpg

John Wayne

#57 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

cUO4gD1A_bigger.jpg Bloomberg PoliticsVerified account @bpolitics 10h10 hours ago

Russia deploys military police at “safe zone” in Syria https://bloom.bg/2upOEM9  DFgtIlEUAAA9Jmr.jpg

John Wayne

#58 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

#PJMedia Retweeted

John Wayne

#59 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

#PJMedia Retweeted

• NipkowDisc likes this

John Wayne

#60 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,690 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

LzFJIDes_bigger.jpg #PJMedia @PJMedia_com 5h5 hours ago

Defense Official: Next Moves Against ISIS Up to Iraqis, 'No Matter What' http://dlvr.it/PY9Gry  #news #politics DFhlK0jUMAIciFO.jpg

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users