We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Does Donald Trump Have Mental Health Problems?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

the american mainstream media, Bogie56, closet democrats for over 50 years, are merely sparking to their defeat last year. nothing more.

publically denigrating trump will not change last year's election results. they want pence because at least to them he is a known quantity. they will not get him...

Falling back on the "sour grapes" election defeat, as you do, time after time here, only shows that you have no answers to Trump critics accusations of his erratic, temperamental behaviour, completely inappropriate for an occupant of the Oval Office.

Let's face it - Trump's election victory on November 8th was the highlight day for Trump supporters. It's been an embarrassing downhill slide ever since. Why do you think Trump keeps reliving election night, even now, nine months later.

Would you dare bet against Trump's reliving it yet again (including how the media pundits were wrong) when he has his campaign rally tomorrow might? Yeah, the base loves it, as much as Trump, because they sure don't want to concentrate on his "accomplishments" since then.

• Arturo, Bogie56, ChristineHoard and 1 other like this

#2 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,297 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

http://money.cnn.com...rces/index.html

Reliable Sources

Carl Bernstein: This is the Trump story reporters need to cover
by Jackie Wattles   @jackiewattles
Is President Trump stable and competent enough to do his job?

Investigative reporter and CNN contributor Carl Bernstein says reporters must be asking those questions.

"Republicans in Congress, the highest of intelligence officials, the highest of military officers in our country, leaders of the business community -- all of whom have dealt with the White House, and many of them dealt personally with Donald Trump -- have come to believe that he is unfit for the presidency," Bernstein told CNN's Brian Stelter on Sunday.

the american mainstream media, Bogie56, closet democrats for over 50 years, are merely sparking to their defeat last year. nothing more.

publically denigrating trump will not change last year's election results. they want pence because at least to them he is a known quantity. they will not get him...

T R U M P !

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#3 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

http://money.cnn.com...rces/index.html

Reliable Sources

Carl Bernstein: This is the Trump story reporters need to cover
by Jackie Wattles   @jackiewattles
Is President Trump stable and competent enough to do his job?

Investigative reporter and CNN contributor Carl Bernstein says reporters must be asking those questions.

"Republicans in Congress, the highest of intelligence officials, the highest of military officers in our country, leaders of the business community -- all of whom have dealt with the White House, and many of them dealt personally with Donald Trump -- have come to believe that he is unfit for the presidency," Bernstein told CNN's Brian Stelter on Sunday.

• Arturo, TomJH and film lover 293 like this

#4 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,542 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

45]f053ce187d9fe1393f4684ca92c89d74_bigger.Brian StelterVerified account @brianstelter

More

"A dangerous moment" — @CarlBernstein discussing the mounting concerns about Trump's fitness for office http://bit.ly/2whauD2

DHZ12UjXYAAK4dA.jpg

• Arturo, TomJH, ChristineHoard and 1 other like this

#5 noah80

noah80

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Yes, Trump has a mental problem

Trump as "John Miller"

• Arturo and Bogie56 like this

#6 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

What I find interesting, and troubling, is why in God's name would Kelly want this job with this man?

I assume it is because Kelly really cares about his country and, while maybe this is wishful thinking on his part,  feels that he can make a difference by limiting the amount of damage Trump does as President.

• TomJH, ChristineHoard and film lover 293 like this

#7 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

It's hard to believe that a US Marine 4-Star General like John Kelly, who has commanded troops on the front line, is now been reduced to babysitting a
71 year-old narcissistic-pathological liar, who has lived his life as a rich, obnoxious, autocrat--always getting his own way.

That's a sad career-ending for a man like General Kelly.

BTW-- General Kelly enlisted in the US Marine Corps during the Vietnam War.

What I find interesting, and troubling, is why in God's name would Kelly want this job with this man?

• mr6666 and film lover 293 like this

#8 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,542 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

Yes, like I said on another thread: Trump is a bad liar because his lies can easily be checked on. Like calling the White House a dump, then denying it, and now there are a 8-9 witnesses saying they heard him say it. Maybe he should stick to lying about his golf game.

Speaking of normal behavior, how is Donny going to react to Russia calling him "impotent" today because of the sanctions bill? I bet the insecure ego-in-chief is not a happy camper right now. Official babystitter, hand-holder and visitor-screener General Kelly better be careful when the crazy explodes.

If I was Trump I would have vetoed the sanctions bill, let Congress override it, then go to Big Daddy Putin and say, "Well I tried sir, but we have these three branches of government here and two of them think they are equal to me."

It's hard to believe that a US Marine 4-Star General like John Kelly, who has commanded troops on the front line, is now been reduced to babysitting a
71 year-old narcissistic-pathological liar, who has lived his life as a rich, obnoxious, autocrat--always getting his own way.

That's a sad career-ending for a man like General Kelly.

BTW-- General Kelly enlisted in the US Marine Corps during the Vietnam War.
  • mr6666, Arturo, TheCid and 2 others like this

#9 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

What's with Trump announcing to the world that the Mexican President and the Boy Scouts telephoned him to lavish praise on him only to have it so easily denied?  He's done this before too but it is far from any kind of normal behaviour never mind that of the POTUS.

Yes, like I said on another thread:  Trump is a bad liar because his lies can easily be checked on.  Like calling the White House a dump, then denying it, and now there are a 8-9 witnesses saying they heard him say it.  Maybe he should stick to lying about his golf game.

Speaking of normal behavior, how is Donny going to react to Russia calling him "impotent" today because of the sanctions bill?    I bet the insecure ego-in-chief is not a happy camper right now. Official babystitter, hand-holder and visitor-screener General Kelly better be careful when the crazy explodes.

If I was Trump I would have vetoed the sanctions bill, let Congress override it, then go to Big Daddy Putin and say, "Well I tried sir, but we have these three branches of government here and two of them think they are equal to me."

• mr6666, Arturo, TheCid and 2 others like this

#10 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

What's with Trump announcing to the world that the Mexican President and the Boy Scouts telephoned him to lavish praise on him only to have it so easily denied?  He's done this before too but it is far from any kind of normal behaviour never mind that of the POTUS.

• mr6666, Arturo, TheCid and 3 others like this

#11 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

This has nothing to do with any media anywhere or Democratic sour grapes.

Susan Collins is a Republican Senator from Maine.

Being prudent and professional, she didn't say this to any media.

The Senator simply didn't realize her microphone was still on.

But the truth will out.

Currently Senator Collins is in her third term.

same old standard daily msnbc sour grapes. :P

Nip is going after Republicans like Sen. Collins and Richard Painter who are not Trump sycophants.  At least there are some Republicans capable of independent and reasonable thought.  Trump is getting worse every day and they can see it.  Heck, we all can see it.  Other Republicans can probably see it, too, but are just too chicken**** to say or do anything.

• mr6666, Arturo, Bogie56 and 1 other like this

#12 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

This has nothing to do with any media anywhere or Democratic sour grapes.

Susan Collins is a Republican Senator from Maine.

Being prudent and professional, she didn't say this to any media.

The Senator simply didn't realize her microphone was still on.

But the truth will out.

Currently Senator Collins is in her third term.
  • Arturo likes this

#13 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,297 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

#14 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

• Arturo likes this

#15 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:17 AM

45]v4AxUdkr_bigger.jpgRichard W. Painter@RWPUSA

More

Senator Susan Collins states the obvious: Trump is “crazy." "I’m worried.” http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-senators-on-hot-mic-trump-is-%e2%80%98crazy%e2%80%99-%e2%80%98i%e2%80%99m-worried%e2%80%99/ar-AAoP5Iv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

• Arturo and TheCid like this

#16 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,924 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

American Psychoanalytic Association Says Its Members Are Free to Weigh in on Donald Trump's Obviously Troubled Mind-

"This month, the American Psychoanalytic Association told its roughly 3,500 members a decades-old rule against speculating on the mental health of some public figures does not apply to their members—

According to Scientific American, one of the association’s past presidents, Dr. Prudence Gourguechon, said the rule change was motivated by “belief in the value of psychoanalytic knowledge in explaining human behavior. We don’t want to prohibit our members from using their knowledge responsibly.”

The rule change was in part necessary since President Donald Trump’s “behavior is so different from anything we’ve seen before,” Gourguechon added.......

But there’s also grounds to wonder if relaxing a rule designed to prevent the political weaponization of a medical discipline could have consequences long beyond the current moment. We do live in an age of Dr. Phils, massive stigmatization of mental health issues and politicians quite eager to call their opponents insane.

Trump’s “psychological motivations are too obvious to be interesting, and analyzing them will not halt his headlong power grab,”......

http://gizmodo.com/a...s-ar-1797247879

• Arturo likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#17 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

• mr6666, Arturo, TheCid and 1 other like this

#18 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:58 AM

• Arturo and film lover 293 like this

#19 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,297 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

How is President Pence starting to sound to everybody?

I get why some people voted for Trump so I'm not going to call (most of) them insane and I know some people will stick with Trump no matter what and these people wouldn't have voted for Clinton under any circumstance.  I do blame Clinton for not spending more time in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania (outside of the big cities) as she took these states for granted and you don't take any states for granted in this kind of election.

This is the possible scenario:  regular Republicans are going to get so concerned as Trump's approval numbers dip further, Pence, at the prodding of these Republicans, will use the 25th Amendment to "retire" Trump.  No impeachment.  Pence is the establishment's kind of Republican anyway:  hawkish, anti-abortion, anti-LGBT, pro-business, etc.  Indeed, Pence wanted to run for President this time around but he botched his proposed anti-gay legislation in Indiana so badly that several businesses threatened  to move out and his campaign never got going.  This way he gets to be President without having to work for it.  Of course, for this to happen Trump really has to go off the rails and Pence and Company have to play their cards just right.  Are we at that point yet?.

just shows you how partisan-hamstrung the democrats are. pence is the real thing, an ideologically-driven conservative.

they wanna nail trump for that?.  :huh:  :lol:

#20 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

If the last few days doesn't answer this thread's question,  then you have mental health problems.

• Bogie56 and NipkowDisc like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users