We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

New Horror Worth Watching

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TikiSoo

TikiSoo

sprockethole

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

I hope people will contribute to this thread when they see or read about any interesting horror films that might slip under the radar.

I agree 100% Lawrence.

I've been pointed to several contemporary horror films by this message board, that I've really enjoyed. Never would have seen them without posters' recommendations.

• jaragon likes this

#2 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for the recommendation for The Autopsy of Jane Doe. I hope people will contribute to this thread when they see or read about any interesting horror films that might slip under the radar. There are so many indie/low-budget titles released each year that it's tough to separate the gems from the junk. I read the other day that Fangoria has been discontinued as both a print and online magazine, plus I don't always trust the other horror websites, who occasionally recommend junk that someone they know made but is complete garbage.

Someone on here recommended the movie Grabbers which I sought out and really enjoyed, so I hope to hear about more in the future.

Sorry to hear about the end of "Fangoria' I've hear of "Grabbers" but have not seen it

#3 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Micklewhite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,226 posts
  • LocationSouff London

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the recommendation for The Autopsy of Jane Doe. I hope people will contribute to this thread when they see or read about any interesting horror films that might slip under the radar. There are so many indie/low-budget titles released each year that it's tough to separate the gems from the junk. I read the other day that Fangoria has been discontinued as both a print and online magazine, plus I don't always trust the other horror websites, who occasionally recommend junk that someone they know made but is complete garbage.

Someone on here recommended the movie Grabbers which I sought out and really enjoyed, so I hope to hear about more in the future.

• ChristineHoard and jaragon like this

#4 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

"The Autopsy of Jan Doe" is very creepy film about a corpse with a terrifying secret

• LawrenceA likes this

#5 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

" Get Out" more terror and suspense than horror but very well written,acted and directed

• cinemaspeak59 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users