We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Trump: Favorable 45, Un 47 - Hillary: Favorable 35, Un 55

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

#2 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

#3 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

• darkblue likes this

#4 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

I pulled out that 2% from the same place you found 'lion share'.  :P

Except I supplied an explanation for the reasoning of my "lion's share" comment.

#5 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,427 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

Interesting where you pulled out a percentage like that. Also, you're dead wrong, in my opinion.

The polling during the last election reflected the lack of popularity of both candidates inasmuch as whenever the headlines were emphasizing one of them, that person's polling numbers fell off.

I can't recall the exact percentage that the polls had her ahead when Comey opened his mouth but it was at least 7 to 9 points in most of them. After that Trump had all the ammo he needed, and he was on the constant attack until election day, while the Democrats were trying to recover from Comey. All could see her ratings slowly drop as Trump's rose.

Having the momentum on election day is crucial, and Comey gave Trump that momentum.

I pulled out that 2% from the same place you found 'lion share'.  :P

#6 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

I was hoping this 'why she lost' was behind us but I just can't let a comment like 'the lion share' go unquestioned.

IMO what Comey did had less than a 2% impact.    Even Hillary said that by the time of the release people (potential voters) had made up their mind about her as it relates to her integrity.      

In addition most media outlets pounded on Trump 5 to 1 over Clinton as it relates to negative comments.  

Trump won.   Clinton lost.   End of story.

Interesting where you pulled out a percentage like that. Also, you're dead wrong, in my opinion.

The polling during the last election reflected the lack of popularity of both candidates inasmuch as whenever the headlines were emphasizing one of them, that person's polling numbers fell off.

I can't recall the exact percentage that the polls had her ahead when Comey opened his mouth but it was at least 7 to 9 points in most of them. After that Trump had all the ammo he needed, and he was on the constant attack until election day, while the Democrats were trying to recover from Comey. All could see her ratings slowly drop as Trump's rose.

Having the momentum on election day is crucial, and Comey gave Trump that momentum.

#7 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,237 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Even Hillary said that by the time of the release people (potential voters) had made up their mind about her as it relates to her integrity.      

I knew she had none years before this last election even began.

White Knights, Manginas and Simps, oh my!

#8 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,237 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

May be it was just Instant Karma!

Brazile denied helping Clinton during the primaries. She said she was being persecuted and questioned the credibility of the hacked files.

“As a Christian woman, I understand persecution, but I will not sit here and be persecuted,” Brazile said. “Your information is totally false.”

Then and Now                                                      

Former interim Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile admitted Friday that she forwarded Democratic primary town hall questions to members of Hillary Clinton's campaign – something she had previously denied.

CNN would go on to sever ties with Brazile after the emails were leaked.

In the essay, Brazile said she will “forever regret” the decision to leak the questions to the Clinton campaign.

Not to mention that the Establishment "Polls" our Hillary-bots keep referring to were totally fake.

Cripes, the very morning of the election they were still saying she was anywhere from 80 - 95 % likely to win.

Too bad they didn't actually get out on the streets and do some actual poling.

#9 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

I was hoping this 'why she lost' was behind us but I just can't let a comment like 'the lion share' go unquestioned.

IMO what Comey did had less than a 2% impact.    Even Hillary said that by the time of the release people (potential voters) had made up their mind about her as it relates to her integrity.      

In addition most media outlets pounded on Trump 5 to 1 over Clinton as it relates to negative comments.  

Cause and effect.

You take away the Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch meeting and you don't have the Comey effect.

#10 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

Poll finds most New Yorkers don't want Hillary Clinton to run for mayor

It's one of those ideas pollsters and reporters like to talk about, but apparently most New Yorkers don't like the thought of Mayor Hillary Clinton.

The idea has gotten some play since her loss in November. Hillary for Mayor signs popped up throughout New York City. And even though she's never mentioned the idea, it's given some Clinton loyalists hope for a return to politics.

They found 58 percent of likely voters want her to stay out of the race. While 23 percent think she should jump in.

Only 23% of liberal New York wants her to run for mayor, it can't be much worse than that.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#11 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,427 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

Yes, but despite her baggage and all the drip-drip-drip of the Wikileaks she was still comfortably ahead in the polls until Comey opened his mouth. That's why I think he deserves a lion's share of the blame for her loss. Those that were still undecided appear to have largely given up thoughts of voting for her when the FBI director opened up the possibility that she could be facing prosecution because of the newly discovered emails (which turned out to be a fat lot of nothing).

#12 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

In addition to Clinton's personal baggage, Putin hated her, and swung into action to help Trump. This was too much for her to overcome.

May be it was just Instant Karma!

Brazile denied helping Clinton during the primaries. She said she was being persecuted and questioned the credibility of the hacked files.

“As a Christian woman, I understand persecution, but I will not sit here and be persecuted,” Brazile said. “Your information is totally false.”

Then and Now                                                      

Former interim Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile admitted Friday that she forwarded Democratic primary town hall questions to members of Hillary Clinton's campaign – something she had previously denied.

CNN would go on to sever ties with Brazile after the emails were leaked.

In the essay, Brazile said she will “forever regret” the decision to leak the questions to the Clinton campaign.

• darkblue likes this

#13 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

#14 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

In addition to Clinton's personal baggage, Putin hated her, and swung into action to help Trump. This was too much for her to overcome.

Yes, but despite her baggage and all the drip-drip-drip of the Wikileaks she was still comfortably ahead in the polls until Comey opened his mouth. That's why I think he deserves a lion's share of the blame for her loss. Those that were still undecided appear to have largely given up thoughts of voting for her when the FBI director opened up the possibility that she could be facing prosecution because of the newly discovered emails (which turned out to be a fat lot of nothing).

• Bogie56 likes this

#15 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

That's a blatant copout. You're still obsessed in your hatred of Clinton. During the election you let it be known you'd rather see Trump elected than her, saying at least he'd be more entertaining in the Oval Office. Well, now you've got him so be satisfied.

Besides, to just blame Clinton for Trump's victory is to ignore the Russian leaks and, in particular, James Comey's interference 11 days prior to the election. Comey played a huge role in Trump's victory. Why don't you go on about Comey if you've now decided you're so sick of Trump's name?

• Bogie56 likes this

#16 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

If you want to my opinion, all you have to do is look at the Hillary thread and go back about 6 months, I did not need Comey or the Russians one bit to know Hillary.

The polls showed Hillary well on the way to victory until Comey spoke. After that they started to slowly drop as the momentum swung to Trump in the last week and a half before the election. Comey energized Trump as a campaigner, too, in those final 11 days while the Democrats were largely on the defensive. The FBI director played a huge role in Trump's upset victory.

• Bogie56 likes this

#17 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,493 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Bernie coulda beat Trump with his dick out. And the DNC knows it.

And the advantage of THAT would have been once SEEING it, people would have thought they were voting for Trump anyway.  ;)

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#18 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

She campaigned in California and New York, it's not hard to figure out. Once she got out of those two states she was lost. It was all rich donors and limos.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#19 HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

Another cop out reply.

If you want to my opinion, all you have to do is look at the Hillary thread and go back about 6 months, I did not need Comey or the Russians one bit to know Hillary.

#20 darkblue

darkblue

child of vision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,237 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Clinton had no policies to vote for - plus, by the time it came to vote, lots of people had become concerned at the prospect of 4 solid years of that squawk and cackle (she's not a liked personality, ay). Even some Trump haters blanched at voting for her.

Bernie coulda beat Trump with his dick out. And the DNC knows it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users