We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Thank You, TCM, For The Sensitivity Of This Tribute

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

Another bump for any posters who may have missed this beautiful tribute to Robert.

The image, in particular, of RO walking through a grand theatre only to slowly vanish is extremely poignant, but everything about this tribute is done with so much taste and sensitivity.

#2 GordonCole

GordonCole

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Very nicely done and a fine tribute to a fine man. Bravo, TCM!

• Stephan55 likes this

#3 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

Bump.

So that any who missed it may have the opportunity to see the 80 second video tribute to Robert Osborne in the OP. Truly lovely, tasteful and sad.

A quality tribute to a movie host extraordinaire who was a gentleman and decent human being.

• Stephan55 and TheGayDivorcee like this

#4 BingFan

BingFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

This tribute is my favorite as well. The empty chairs, his shadow on the floor, and then Bob disappearing as he walked down the theatre aisle, all to that beautiful melody -- very moving. Of course, they also included some cheerful shots of Bob, which was appropriate because he seemed like such an upbeat person, at least when he was on the air.

TCM has done right by Bob this weekend, and this tribute is a centerpiece. Happiness and sadness in perfect combination.

• calvinnme, Stephan55, TomJH and 1 other like this

#5 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,454 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

There was nothing there in the thread when I "clicked" in, but I can imagine.

Clair de Lune would also be a good suggestion for those "In memoriam"  segments.

Anybody suggest it in that THREAD about that not too long ago?

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#6 TomJH

TomJH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

TCM has aired a number of loving tributes to Robert Osborne lately.

This one, though, to the accompanying strains of the beautiful and melancholy Clair de Lune, particularly got to me. It was the next to last shot of Robert walking through a grand theatre that tore me apart.

• mr6666, calvinnme, Stephan55 and 11 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users